Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want a second lockdown but I feel it's coming. Everything is starting to feel like it did in the lead up to the March one.

My family and friends circles all think that too, even though none of them would actually be happy if it did happen!

Reactions: 7
I don’t think there will be a second lockdown, not nationally anyway but maybe local ones, I just can’t see them doing it unless hospitals started getting overwhelmed and even then I think they might be reluctant. I honestly don’t think the government want another lockdown

Reactions: 9
I don't want a second lockdown but I feel it's coming. Everything is starting to feel like it did in the lead up to the March one.

My family and friends circles all think that too, even though none of them would actually be happy if it did happen!
That's my feelings as well. I have only just started watching the news again and it takes me right back to just before lockdown and the uneasy feeling.
If it needs to happen then... But I'm dreading schools being closed again.

Sounds dodgy
It's not dodgy. If I went into hospital with a broken leg and ended up having a stroke while I was there which meant I was a patient for longer than it took my leg to heal I wouldn't be regarded as the patient with the broken leg until I was discharged.

Reactions: 3
That's my feelings as well. I have only just started watching the news again and it takes me right back to just before lockdown and the uneasy feeling.
If it needs to happen then... But I'm dreading schools being closed again.
I think they know they've lost control now ,,the whole deny ,deny,deny, has confirmed it .He can't make up any excuse for the failings and he hasn't even turned it into a blamegame ,,that's unusual 🤨

Reactions: 2
If they do another lockdown it will be expected that there would be another furlough scheme, self employment grant etc etc and quite frankly we can't afford it.

Reactions: 6
I’ve spent the whole weekend trying to get my head around things, I’m feeling on the whole more positive but it does bother me with people who seem to be chomping at the bit for another lockdown. Not quite sure they fully understand the implications. I do think now it’s being used as more of an empty threat but with the year we’ve had I’d say anything is possible right now!!

I’m sure this threat of lockdown is actually making the problem worse. People are panicking they won’t be able to go out/see family for god knows how long so are trying to do it as much as possible until they can’t anymore. I know myself have arranged to meet with 2 friends this week (outside of course (y)) and also do a big “homeware” shopping trip to get bits I've been putting off for a while, plus going to do family visits as soon as we can. Probably wouldn’t have done any of those things this week if they didn’t keep threatening a lockdown 🤷‍♀️ suddenly have this feeling of pressure and want to be more prepared for lockdown if it does come this time - might try and get my hair done cos I last had it cut in January and I’m starting to look like some sort of weird cult member 😂

I’ve spent the whole weekend trying to get my head around things, I’m feeling on the whole more positive but it does bother me with people who seem to be chomping at the bit for another lockdown. Not quite sure they fully understand the implications. I do think now it’s being used as more of an empty threat but with the year we’ve had I’d say anything is possible right now!!

I’m sure this threat of lockdown is actually making the problem worse. People are panicking they won’t be able to go out/see family for god knows how long so are trying to do it as much as possible until they can’t anymore. I know myself have arranged to meet with 2 friends this week (outside of course (y)) and also do a big “homeware” shopping trip to get bits I've been putting off for a while, plus going to do family visits as soon as we can. Probably wouldn’t have done any of those things this week if they didn’t keep threatening a lockdown 🤷‍♀️ suddenly have this feeling of pressure and want to be more prepared for lockdown if it does come this time - might try and get my hair done cos I last had it cut in January and I’m starting to look like some sort of weird cult member 😂
Im feeling same over next few weeks

Finish off home improvements
See freinds
Stockpile food
Start xmas shopping do charity shop/tip run.
List a few things
Order a printer.

Reactions: 3
Im feeling same over next few weeks

Finish off home improvements
See freinds
Stockpile food
Start xmas shopping do charity shop/tip run.
List a few things
Order a printer.
Please try not to stockpile too much food unless you really have to, even in a full lockdown shops are not going to shut.

Reactions: 11

I’m glad you’re back and feeling a bit better! I think you’re absolutely right that the threat of lockdown is making people go out and do things more than they would, can’t blame them I guess but I fear it will make things worse for us all in the long run but let’s hope not. I’ve got the hairdresser at the end of September and I will personally be chaining myself to the gates of Downing Street if hairdressers have to shut again, step too far for me 😬😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I dont think there is any need to stockpile food again. All that does is cause mass panic and makes it harder for the poorest in society to feed themselves and their families.
Imagine having just enough money to feed your kids each week and then finding the cheap tinned and dry items you would usually use to feed them are out of stock everywhere due to people stockpiling them.

The only reason people should be buying a bit extra should be to help them should they need to self isolate for 2 weeks and have no means to get a large shop.

I usually start buying extra bits this time of year to put back for Christmas but haven't and don't think I will this year. What will be, will be.

Reactions: 16
Please try not to stockpile too much food unless you really have to, even in a full lockdown shops are not going to shut.
No worries on that count.
We large family so restrictions on how many units effected us forcing us go several shops during lockdown.
We get through 4_6pints milk a day
1 toiliet roll a day.
1 still in nappies so need nappies and wipes.
1 small loaf bread a day.
Trying keep to 2-3 weeks food at all times with maybe emergency 14days supply dried goods.
Not a crazy prepper but people went mad last time and was hard to buy everyday items we use like canned beans veg pasta , passaatta ect.

Reactions: 4
Did Hancock seriously try to reassure us with the bullshit 'we are the best in the world' bollocks

We are a joke. Our government is a joke. Testing is a joke. Test and trace is a joke. The bloody app that exists but doesn't exist is a joke.

What EXACTLY do we have to show for the past 6 months of preparation and awareness??

Reactions: 15
They won't be counted as Covid patients after 28 days in hospital
This is absolute bollocks. I live in Scotland and from experience, after 28 days intubation you’re looking at issues of sepsis, kidney failure, inability to maintain blood pressure, infection etc. However if that person was healthy prior these are all caused by Covid. She has just plummeted in my estimation.

It's not dodgy. If I went into hospital with a broken leg and ended up having a stroke while I was there which meant I was a patient for longer than it took my leg to heal I wouldn't be regarded as the patient with the broken leg until I was discharged.
If you went into hospital with Covid having no prior health conditions and subsequently experienced complications like infection and organ failure from long term intubation then you should still be classed as a Covid patient. This is the pattern, as she well knows, in Covid deaths.

Started my Christmas shopping today. Like a few others on this thread I woke up feeling very on edge and can't pinpoint why. I'm desperate to get both my children their gifts in just in case the worse happens. I usually love Christmas and planning for it but this year I feel like I just want it all done and dusted.

• Sad
All I’ve done throughout is made sure that I’ve got supplies for if we did have to isolate that my little one was covered for at least a week. A few portions of food frozen, a few little bits of freezer food, some slices of bread in the freezer, bit of frozen fruit and an extra small pack of nappies and 2 packets of wipes I don’t touch. Other than that, I’ve not bought an extra thing throughout. Worst happens, I’ll spray my arse off in the shower and drink black coffee instead of eating. 😂

• Haha
I genuinely can’t foresee another national lockdown I think the long and short term effects would be horrendous
Already 700k unemployed which I bet will only get worse over the next few weeks
Have seen so many businesses struggle already and a lot not reopening a second lockdown would mean a lot of businesses would go bust that are teetering already and more people less willing to comply with lockdown rules than they did in March now that we’ve already lived through one so to speak

If you went into hospital with Covid having no prior health conditions and subsequently experienced complications like infection and organ failure from long term intubation then you should still be classed as a Covid patient. This is the pattern, as she well knows, in Covid deaths.
Those are complications arising from covid, it doesn't mean covid is still present.

In order to get a true picture of where we are with progress we need to know the present number of people with covid, not the number of people who have complications as a result of having had it.

Also, not everyone who is testing positive on admission is being admitted as a result of covid, or being intubated.

Just read that Patel was asked if a family of 4 could stop and talk to another family of 4 it seen in the street and she said absolutely not as it's classed as mingling and you must walk on by! duck sake.
So now we have to ignore friends in the street even if we stand 2 metres apart 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.