Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rule of 6 to be reviewed in a fortnight so see if it’s working

Interesting that story says recommending GPs to refer people for a Covid test. If you want to lie to get one to check if your ok after a bender though, you will just continue to lie over the phone to a GP.

Reactions: 1
Reactions: 3
If they do another lockdown it will be expected that there would be another furlough scheme, self employment grant etc etc and quite frankly we can't afford it.
There doesn't need to be another lockdown. But something HAS to give.

Keep shops open including non essential. Keep restaurants open... Close secondary schools and move to online learning....or blended learning with kids doing a week in, a week off.... Or in 1-2 days a week to allow staff to control the numbers mixing on corridors. This won't affect parents as most secondary pupils are able to stay home... Not all, but most.

I've not visited bars or pubs much since they re-opened but they need to be clamped down on.... When I've driven past my locals, there's so many drinkers not distancing, mixing with too many people... police (yes there's less police on the streets due to Tory cuts) should be able to do spot checks and if there's not satisfactory distancing going on, hefty fines for landlords.

Reactions: 5
I’m in a hotspot and PHE are saying cases are coming from pubs and homes. No great surprise.

I’m in a hotspot and PHE are saying cases are coming from pubs and homes. No great surprise.
They're opening our pubs to get people out of their homes to a more controlled drinking environment 😂 I'm not joking !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Headteachers are warning schools might close again with the whole testing fiasco..

Reactions: 1
Wow - look at this list of 110 schools in greater Manchester.

scroll to the bottom for the list

Reactions: 2
It's all kicking off. Local papers have gotten hold of the potential covid case at my kids school. Parents saying they're refusing to send their child in tomorrow and then those of us that are still sending them in until it's been confirmed are getting called bad parents. It's like a living nightmare!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Headteachers are warning schools might close again with the whole testing fiasco..
And I kind of make them right. The government are playing Russian roulette with the lack of tests available. Just when you think things can’t get any worse, the schools go back, life starts moving and tests aren’t available. Utter madness.

Reactions: 8
And I kind of make them right. The government are playing Russian roulette with the lack of tests available. Just when you think things can’t get any worse, the schools go back, life starts moving and tests aren’t available. Utter madness.
Yeah teachers are bearing the brunt of parents frustrations but what can they do ? the silence from Westminster is deafening :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Very surprised teachers aren’t going on strike to be honest.

absolutely want the kids back in school,
but let’s be real, it’s a mess

Reactions: 13
Just found out my partners work colleague (who he was sitting next to for 4 hours today in a meeting) has a confirmed case in her household 😬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
The buggers will end up striking.
I certainly hope we do. Lots of staff.are working in unsafe conditions, no distancing. Face coverings not allowed in many schools and now too no tests available. Why should teachers have to put ourselves at risk?? So yes, I hope we do strike.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I certainly hope we do. Lots of staff.are working in unsafe conditions, no distancing. Face coverings not allowed in many schools and now too no tests available. Why should teachers have to out our selves at risk?? So yes, I hope we do strike.
Teachers could still go to the workplace without students present and do virtual lessons. Why should children’s education suffer more?
I’m sure lots of teaching staff in favour of strike action will have been on holidays abroad and weren’t worried about the possible risks posed then!? Not by any means including you in that by the way but for many I know personally they enjoyed every minute of being off work during lockdown and only teaching assistants went to work, bit unfair really.

I'd fully back any teachers that strike.
I wouldn't. The bone-idle fuckers have just enjoyed a 6 month paid holiday, about time they did some work. If they can't be arsed to do their jobs sack them and replace them with people who do want to work!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.