Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alarm bells are ringing here apparently our numbers and hospital admissions have had a significant rise 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They're calling for one week in one week off how are working parents going to manage that 🤔(if there's a resurgence)
I've not looked into it but it wouldn't be AS much of an issue for secondary pupils. Maybe that's just for years 10+ for example. They are 15. Most old enough to stay a
Home alone...

Reactions: 1
I've not looked into it but it wouldn't be AS much of an issue for secondary pupils. Maybe that's just for years 10+ for example. They are 15. Most old enough to stay a
Home alone...
Not sure what age they're talking about ? but if parents are at work I don't think kids would be sat doing school work more than likely their phone or PS 😂

Reactions: 5
Honestly I cant understand it either. I think the last thing any teacher wants to do is wear a mask for 7 hours a day but if it reduces transmission and has the kids in school then they will do that! I don't know why the government aha such a big issue with it. Its all so silly.
I suspect the govt don't want to pay for the masks.... I'd be happy to wear my own though tbf and I'm sure many colleagues would too

Scotlands had 52 new cases since yesterday so it's rising everywhere ...US media are reporting Trump's thinking of blocking US citizens from entering the country if they have Covid symptoms ,he's a bit late to the party I think 😂
I'm so confused. I thought the media were saying that the UK is now seeing a reduction in cases and compared to Europe things were looking food over here?

Got back from France today. It was lovely. Glad we went. Weird wearing a mask on plane and in airport. 2 cabin crew wearing masks didn't have it covering their noses which annoyed me.

Some families kept swapping and changing seats mid flight. Not ideal for track & trace when you have to state your seat number for obvious reasons.

We don't have to quarentine but it'll be an interesting 2 weeks waiting to see if we show any symptoms... Eekk.

Last edited:
My brother has woken up not feeling great and coughing today! 😫 He booked a test for himself and my stepdad who was driving him there this afternoon and got a slot for 30mins later. Fingers crossed its negative 🤞🏻 He does suffer from hayfever though so hopefully its just that.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Think this is why actually it is important we do all get out and start doing things again if we can.

I'm lucky enough to have kept my job so am happy to go and eat out or go do leisure activities where my experience isn't going to be drastically different.

I also think in general we had more cloaures than other countries. For example we are the only country who closed our Mcdonalds fully (drive thrus stayed open everywhere else) because our workers complained they didn't feel safe.

Still ended up with the highest death rate.
What I mean is people that have lost their job or with the threat of redundancy hanging over them won't want to spend too many pennies on luxuries they'll be putting their bills first ...It's a black hole on the jobs front atm no industry is safe everyone seems to be affected right across the board ..

I suspect the govt don't want to pay for the masks.... I'd be happy to wear my own though tbf and I'm sure many colleagues would too

I'm so confused. I thought the media were saying that the UK is now seeing a reduction in cases and compared to Europe things were looking food over here?

Got back from France today. It was lovely. Glad we went. Weird wearing a mask on plane and in airport. 2 cabin crew wearing masks didn't have it covering their noses which annoyed me.

Some families kept swapping and changing seats mid flight. Not ideal for track & trace when you have to state your seat number for obvious reasons.

We don't have to quarentine but it'll be an interesting 2 weeks waiting to see if we show any symptoms... Eekk.
Glad you had a nice time hopefully you'll be fine you seem to follow all the guidance ,no one knows what to believe from the media to the Gov to the science all conflicting numbers and info they'd need to figure out a better way of informing people with whats going on..

Last edited:
What I mean is people that have lost their job or with the threat of redundancy hanging over them won't want to spend too many pennies on luxuries they'll be putting their bills first ...It's a black hole on the jobs front atm no industry is safe everyone seems to be affected right across the board
They are estimating it will bounce back though over time and I would imagine the eat out scheme has helped too. Hopefully Q3 we see a raise in spending.

Certainly most people I know saved a lot in lockdown and are back out spending at the weekends etc, just weekdays but hopefully once we are back in the office (which I just got an email saying beginning of October which I am THRILLED about!) we'll get back to spending as usual.

I for one will get back to buying my starbucks every day and buying lunch at pret etc as these are the things I've missed working from home (not my colleagues, just my snacks haha). Wandering up the road for a tesco meal deal just isn't cutting it.

It was reported last week there was a 30% increase in retail footfall as a result of the eat out scheme which is fantastic.

Our local Intu has reopened its multi storey car parks as well so demand is increasing.

Reactions: 9
They think the NZ cases came from imported freight ,the husband works as a lorry driver ..

• Wow
They are estimating it will bounce back though over time and I would imagine the eat out scheme has helped too. Hopefully Q3 we see a raise in spending.

Certainly most people I know saved a lot in lockdown and are back out spending at the weekends etc, just weekdays but hopefully once we are back in the office (which I just got an email saying beginning of October which I am THRILLED about!) we'll get back to spending as usual.

I for one will get back to buying my starbucks every day and buying lunch at pret etc as these are the things I've missed working from home (not my colleagues, just my snacks haha). Wandering up the road for a tesco meal deal just isn't cutting it.
You see I am almost the opposite, I am determined to keep saving as much as I can. I realised how much money I was wasting on coffee shops and lunch out on my days off! I work rurally so no food around me so need to bring packed lunch every day, however I live smack in a town centre so on my days off spend far too much.

I am off out for dinner on the scheme with hubby this evening which I am looking forward to though! I am in a covid funk at the moment, just can't see an end to this shite.

1,009 cases today. Awesome.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I haven't managed to go to any nice restaurants since the scheme stated!! ALL our restaurants have abandoned booking systems and its first come, first served. Its absolutely shambolic as the queues outside some of these restaurants goes on for AGES. No social distancing and in this hot weather, theyve said they cant turn on AC due to govt guidelines.

My aunt said people had sweat dripping off their faces and couldn't even enjoy food as it was too hot inside! I won't be waiting in any lines tbh. I've been to maccies and KFC and treated my siblings but other than that, I've not been to any of the 'respectable establishments' which are pandemonium. Anyone else cities like this?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I haven't managed to go to any nice restaurants since the scheme stated!! ALL our restaurants have abandoned booking systems and its first come, first served. Its absolutely shambolic as the queues outside some of these restaurants goes on for AGES. No social distancing and in this hot weather, theyve said they cant turn on AC due to govt guidelines.

My aunt said people had sweat dripping off their faces and couldn't even enjoy food as it was too hot inside! I won't be waiting in any lines tbh. I've been to maccies and KFC and treated my siblings but other than that, I've not been to any of the 'respectable establishments' which are pandemonium. Anyone else cities like this?
No where are you?! All our restaurants are most pre book only and no walk ins.

No where are you?! All our restaurants are most pre book only and no walk ins.
I'm in the midlands. Near Birmingham and most are walk in only! I've yet to phone a restaurant who are taking bookings. I think they had a lot of no-shows the first week when they were doing bookings so alot have changed it to walk ins only.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
5377 deaths removed from the toll because of PHE over counting. Now in line with other reporting methods we will have a 28 day cut off period.

Although they have also done a blog post about the fact we’re essentially going to receive 3 separate figures. What a joke.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
5377 deaths removed from the toll because of PHE over counting. Now in line with other reporting methods we will have a 28 day cut off period.

Although they have also done a blog post about the fact we’re essentially going to receive 3 separate figures. What a joke.
Some of the press are reporting the daily figures will be changing to a weekly update instead..

So testing increases and shock so do cases. 1009. Keeping quiet on the death toll of 77 though now aren't they. Surely showing it's not as deadly as it was?

Plus over 5k deaths to be wiped due to reporting. And saying anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive test is going down as covid? Piss off now. I've had enough of this piss.

The results of a recession will be worse than anything covid has done (MH/Suicides increasing etc). Unfortunately health and wealth go hand in hand. Govt aren't bailing anyone out anymore so need to give a plan.

Open beauty?! An industry worth billions to the tax pot and safer than pubs/restaurants etc.

I wasn't scared at the start. I'm not scared now and I won't be scared in the future. If I die I die it's life. I am following rules even though masks can F off ASAP because I'm fed up of panic attacks now but I just want answers and a proper road map now. Rage.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So testing increases and shock so do cases. 1009. Keeping quiet on the death toll of 77 though now aren't they. Surely showing it's not as deadly as it was?

Plus over 5k deaths to be wiped due to reporting. And saying anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive test is going down as covid? Piss off now. I've had enough of this piss.

The results of a recession will be worse than anything covid has done (MH/Suicides increasing etc). Unfortunately health and wealth go hand in hand. Govt aren't bailing anyone out anymore so need to give a plan.

Open beauty?! An industry worth billions to the tax pot and safer than pubs/restaurants etc.

I wasn't scared at the start. I'm not scared now and I won't be scared in the future. If I die I die it's life. I am following rules even though masks can F off ASAP because I'm fed up of panic attacks now but I just want answers and a proper road map now. Rage.
Could have typed all of this!!

I live in a place that’s being reported locally to have a big rise in numbers. My partners workplace have sent them all home again with immediate effect (many can work from home including him thankfully. Not all of them had returned - just those that find it easier being in the office and a number that were furloughed from a different dept). Our hospital is putting a ban on visitors again.

Watch this space 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I was so panicked recently when my local area (Aberdeen) was put into lockdown, there's 170+ cases linked to this 'cluster' that have closed all our pubs and restaurants 2 days after eat out to help out started.

So far no one has been hospitalised and everyone is stuck here and can't travel more than 5 miles, with all local businesses now suffering even more and potentially missing out on the gov scheme for the 50% off.

I am beyond fed up now and over it, there seems to be no end in sight and I am starting to feel it's a huge over reaction since no one has been admitted to hospital but they've shut our whole city down.

Cases are going up but deaths are dropping , people have been mixing up and down the country now for weeks yet deaths are not rising! I am so confused and saddened by the impact it's having on the economy and mental health, my kid is so shy now and I just want to get some normality back for him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.