Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had just wondered because I received a government shielding letter due to severe asthma. To give you an idea of what that looks like I’m on oral high dose daily steroids continuously, I have oxygen at home and other “rescue measures”, in addition to salbutamol and ventilon which are both inhalers. In 13 years the longest period I haven’t been hospitalised in a respiratory ward is 9 months. However I’ve also been in ICU 3x, HDU 6x and I’ve previously been intubated and in an an induced coma following an asthma attack. I’ve had double pneumonia 3x. My asthma is brittle, uncontrolled and I experience sudden symptom onset with attacks. Despite this I’m 28, a regular gym goer and otherwise have a very normal life 😂 You’d never know about my condition to look at me. People throw the term “severe asthma” around but a lot of people don’t understand what it actually looks like.
I’m very sorry to hear that and quite rightly you needed to shield.

Reactions: 1
I’m very sorry to hear that and quite rightly you needed to shield.
Yes, I’ve worked from home throughout successfully but my employer is currently trying to force me to return. Given that I work in a hospital (the irony) you can imagine it’s quite upsetting.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I had just wondered because I received a government shielding letter due to severe asthma. To give you an idea of what that looks like I’m on oral high dose daily steroids continuously, I have oxygen at home and other “rescue measures”, in addition to salbutamol and ventilon which are both inhalers. In 13 years the longest period I haven’t been hospitalised in a respiratory ward is 9 months. However I’ve also been in ICU 3x, HDU 6x and I’ve previously been intubated and in an an induced coma following an asthma attack. I’ve had double pneumonia 3x. My asthma is brittle, uncontrolled and I experience sudden symptom onset with attacks. Despite this I’m 28, a regular gym goer and otherwise have a very normal life 😂 You’d never know about my condition to look at me. People throw the term “severe asthma” around but a lot of people don’t understand what it actually looks like.
This is why we need a “care/hug” reaction.
Hugs.

You are wise to shield.

My best friends husband got “moderate” COVID a few months ago. No underlying health conditions. Was off work with it for 6 weeks but not hospitalised. He now requires 2 inhalers daily. It may have caused lung damage but they are waiting on tests.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, I’ve worked from home throughout successfully but my employer is currently trying to force me to return. Given that I work in a hospital (the irony) you can imagine it’s quite upsetting.
Oh no. My husbands company aren’t letting anyone back into the office until next year. He’s worked from home too.

Thank you so much for your kind reply and I’m so sorry you’ve suffered all of this worry too.

My eldest is 18 and the abuse he’s given me has been dreadful. He was great the first few months just got on with it and accepted it but the last 2 he’s been awful and hard to live with. The stress he has inflicted on me and my husband has worsened my CFS most definitely. He is a tad hot headed but a good caring bou, but lockdown has affected him and he’s been difficult to live with. We’ve done our best to keep our kids happy, family time, takeaways, nice treats etc...

Shielding ends tomorrow and today he had his friend knock the door, they stood less than a metre apart and he couldn’t understand why we were annoyed he did that so he blew up and he was awful to us. So we know he won’t respect the 1-2 meters rule once shielding ends tomorrow. I’ve been in floods of tears again today because I can’t handle his outbursts anymore.

My children have always been my world, my reason to keep trying to get better. I suffered an assault 8 years ago which led to ptsd, anxiety and then the CFS and other health issues began. So all of this conflict has been a huge trigger for me. I’m the least confrontational person, I hate arguments and stress. I feel so stressed out and all I want is for him to understand we have to social distance when lockdowns over and I’m not being ‘petty’ or ‘OTT’. Just stay 1-2 metres but he refuses and arguments start.

Right now at times I hate to say it but I’ve wished I lived alone because I’ve zero chance of healing here after the year we’ve had. We’ve explained it’s far better to be kind and accept the situation, lift each others spirits than be angry at us, we need to be safe, but he doesn’t get it. He will apologise but 2 days later he’s moaning again and he starts an argument about pushing the boundaries.

God being a mum is so hard when you have chronic illness 😢😢😢

Sorry I offloaded all of that. I’m glad things are getting back to normal and slowly you’re feeling less worried, that’s reassuring to hear xxxx

Yes it’s 16th August in Wales.
im sorry you r son is being a little sod, does he understand your illness at all? when people dont get it with me, i make them read an article on the internet as i quite often get all that rubbish about it being made up, i bet you have experienced that at times. we have an invisible illness and unless people have it themselves they just dont understand. keep explaining the rules about the virus is exhausting and the stress you feel if you know he will disobey the minute your back is turned is enormous. My bloody husbands the same ! i still have to tell him to wash his hands and mask! if you ever need somone to talk about your c.f.s to you can always msg if you like and if you feel nobody understands. im sorry its so hard for you, this bloody virus has been a nightmare. x

im sorry you r son is being a little sod, does he understand your illness at all? when people dont get it with me, i make them read an article on the internet as i quite often get all that rubbish about it being made up, i bet you have experienced that at times. we have an invisible illness and unless people have it themselves they just dont understand. keep explaining the rules about the virus is exhausting and the stress you feel if you know he will disobey the minute your back is turned is enormous. My bloody husbands the same ! i still have to tell him to wash his hands and mask! if you ever need somone to talk about your c.f.s to you can always msg if you like and if you feel nobody understands. im sorry its so hard for you, this bloody virus has been a nightmare. x
he shouldnt be giving you abuse i can imagine how traumatising that is, i dont even like loud noises x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

he shouldnt be giving you abuse i can imagine how traumatising that is, i dont even like loud noises x
Thank you so much, you’re so kind.

Yes, I broke down crying one day when he caused a huge argument in the house. I had a massive panic attack suddenly in front of him. It was horrible. He apologised, said he would never be so selfish again. My husband explained stress makes CFS fat worse and I’d neve ever have a chance of recovery living in this stress. 2 days later he did it again. I honestly have given up. It’s so exhausting. My mental health has taken a huge nose dive the last 2 months because of this stress. It’s been so hard. I put everyone’s wellbeing before my own in lockdown but it’s never been enough.

Thank you 💖💖💖💖

And yes, I’m exactly the same. I was assaulted by a male ex family member so to have my son be so angry about lockdown, taking his frustrations out on us with arguments and at times shouting it’s been so, so difficult to cope with. My anxiety and ptsd symptoms have returned quite badly. Xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

Yes, I broke down crying one day when he caused a huge argument in the house. I had a massive panic attack suddenly in front of him. It was horrible. He apologised, said he would never be so selfish again. My husband explained stress makes CFS fat worse and I’d neve ever have a chance of recovery living in this stress. 2 days later he did it again. I honestly have given up. It’s so exhausting. My mental health has taken a huge nose dive the last 2 months because of this stress. It’s been so hard. I put everyone’s wellbeing before my own in lockdown but it’s never been enough.

Thank you 💖💖💖💖
your more than welcome, im so sorry at least your husband sounds supportive, i understand stress being a trigger im exactly the same, you should put yourself first more , i do, but then i havent got kids, just a husband who is like a big kid ! do msg me if you need to , chronic illness is awful, it was my first thought when this happened, oh no how will i cope, i also get anxious. i hope he surprises you and behaves, perhaps your husband could have another word? take care it will get better x

This is why we need a “care/hug” reaction.
Hugs.

You are wise to shield.

My best friends husband got “moderate” COVID a few months ago. No underlying health conditions. Was off work with it for 6 weeks but not hospitalised. He now requires 2 inhalers daily. It may have caused lung damage but they are waiting on tests.
Thanks lovely.
Absolutely, I’m not immune to the realities. I described my dads experience with Covid a few pages back, and granted his illness was severe (he spent 2months intubated in ICU) his recovery will be a year and we don’t know if he’ll make a full one.
Strange times.

Oh no. My husbands company aren’t letting anyone back into the office until next year. He’s worked from home too.
I work in the NHS 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

@emmamatthews and @BethB I have Fibro amongst other things, the fatigue is so difficult to get people to understand at times! It’s exhausting. Good to know you both understand! Big hugs, it’s not easy is it x

• Heart
@emmamatthews and @BethB I have Fibro amongst other things, the fatigue is so difficult to get people to understand at times! It’s exhausting. Good to know you both understand! Big hugs, it’s not easy is it x
no its horrible, i am having a flare up today, thats one of the worst things , the lack of understanding from others. we need to look out for each other, msg me if it gets too much for you, i wish we could make our own thread ! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Why on earth are they saying no? Here, masks are required for school for students and teachers.
They are saying no as they keep on parroting the Public Health England message of not recommending face coverings in school. Personally, I think that many senior members of the education department of the local authority are wankpuffins, and have been lacking in support generally since March. I wouldn’t be surprised if my Head tells them where to put their ‘guidance’.... and as the sole carer for my 91 years young Dad, I’m trying my best to keep him germ free. My other half is a secondary teacher, and his school isn’t allowing face coverings either. TBH, we’ve all just tried to be as safe as we can, even if our two 16 year old twin sons are a little bit soap dodgerish!

Reactions: 3

Thank you 💖💖💖💖

And yes, I’m exactly the same. I was assaulted by a male ex family member so to have my son be so angry about lockdown, taking his frustrations out on us with arguments and at times shouting it’s been so, so difficult to cope with. My anxiety and ptsd symptoms have returned quite badly. Xxx
I’m so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time in lockdown. My husband has controlled asthma although when he gets a cold he gets an immediate chest infection which really affects his breathing. He works in a shop and had 4 months off work - I was (and still am!) so worried when he went back to work. Having your own problems on top of that must be awful to deal with and I can see why you have shielded so seriously.

Having said that, and I don’t want to undermine you and your illness in any way, I’m sure that lockdown and shielding has affected your sons mental health and may be why he is lashing out so frequently even when you have explained and asked him not to. Does he have any other outlets other than you and your husband? I know why you want him to shield with you and adhere to social distancing but I’m sure that at 18 it’s the last thing that he’s going to want to do and if you’re the closest people to him you’re going to bear the brunt!

• Heart
They are saying no as they keep on parroting the Public Health England message of not recommending face coverings in school. Personally, I think that many senior members of the education department of the local authority are wankpuffins, and have been lacking in support generally since March. I wouldn’t be surprised if my Head tells them where to put their ‘guidance’.... and as the sole carer for my 91 years young Dad, I’m trying my best to keep him germ free. My other half is a secondary teacher, and his school isn’t allowing face coverings either. TBH, we’ve all just tried to be as safe as we can, even if our two 16 year old twin sons are a little bit soap dodgerish!
Wow that is nuts. There have already been teachers who have died from Covid from working at the school and getting it from other staff/students. How utterly irresponsible of them to say that.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time in lockdown. My husband has controlled asthma although when he gets a cold he gets an immediate chest infection which really affects his breathing. He works in a shop and had 4 months off work - I was (and still am!) so worried when he went back to work. Having your own problems on top of that must be awful to deal with and I can see why you have shielded so seriously.

Having said that, and I don’t want to undermine you and your illness in any way, I’m sure that lockdown and shielding has affected your sons mental health and may be why he is lashing out so frequently even when you have explained and asked him not to. Does he have any other outlets other than you and your husband? I know why you want him to shield with you and adhere to social distancing but I’m sure that at 18 it’s the last thing that he’s going to want to do and if you’re the closest people to him you’re going to bear the brunt!
Thank you. I’m sorry you’ve also had a lot to deal with.

My son has his girlfriend and friends he talks to. As we’ve been shielding he’s not seen anyone so of course it’s why we get the brunt of it. I just hope as shielding lifts things don’t get worse at home because I’m super anxious he will put us at risk going out meeting multiple people and won’t social distance. It’s a horrible situation and my anxiety is not good right now with all that worry.

We’ve spoke to him calmly but he’s your typical teenager, they think they know best and it’s hard to reason with him when he’s so hot headed.

no its horrible, i am having a flare up today, thats one of the worst things , the lack of understanding from others. we need to look out for each other, msg me if it gets too much for you, i wish we could make our own thread ! xx
We should make a chronic illness thread, that would be amazing.

I just saw this online, it made me laugh and sums up my day 😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Only 3 deaths reported today... hopefully soon we will have a 0 day!

Reactions: 15
Had my first bad experience out ahopping today where 3 women behind me in the queue to get into Primark were chatting about their refusal to wear a mask but also standing right next to me in the queue rather than on the markers and 1 of them proceeded to violently cough 🙄

I'm normally very relaxed and live in an area where it's really unlikely I'll get it but even for me this made me feel a bit icky. The only bad thing that's happened though and it's my 3rd time at Primark since it reopened plus I've been to 10 plus restaurants and the pub twice so spose ive got off lightly there!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.