Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a shame for the employees, but sadly I’m not surprised. Long gone are the days of shopping at John Lewis because the customer service is so much better, since the centralised call centre was introduced the service (not in store) has been dire in my experience. We have a large John Lewis in the city I live in, they need to up their game to survive. So many other shops now offer a better experience.
I visited my local one last week can’t fault the staff they were lovely but the actual store was depressing to be in, as they’ve had to block off some exits and entrances they’re now shuttered which felt a bit like shopping in a warehouse ,was very dark and dingy and there was hardly any stock lots of empty rails
Wasn’t a enjoyable experience

Reactions: 2
I visited my local one last week can’t fault the staff they were lovely but the actual store was depressing to be in, as they’ve had to block off some exits and entrances they’re now shuttered which felt a bit like shopping in a warehouse ,was very dark and dingy and there was hardly any stock lots of empty rails
Wasn’t a enjoyable experience
I agree. I guess they have to follow the guidelines at the moment re COVID but aside from them the shops are very poorly merchandised. In our store they have expensive, Max Mara, Temperley, mixed in with their own brand and the cheaper end of the market. I like the ladies wear offerings and often buy across the brands. I am a big fan of Whistles and Jigsaw, they have closed our local jigsaw and have taken the brand out of JL as well (Makes me think they too are in trouble) The store and set up is unappealing, poor lighting, limited sizes available, they very often often only have one item per size. They are helpful and offer to order on line but I want to see it (and when allowed) try it on, I don’t want to order it. Yes the staff are lovely and they can only offer what the store has, but it’s just not enough any more. They need to offer something more and I don’t mean a free coffee.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think Covid is necessarily to blame for the demise of the high street, it’s just sped it up by a couple of years. The boots website is horrific to navigate, why would I use it when other websites are easier and cheaper? John Lewis stores are all very dated now. It’s a shame but not a surprise.

Reactions: 16
I don’t think Covid is necessarily to blame for the demise of the high street, it’s just sped it up by a couple of years. The boots website is horrific to navigate, why would I use it when other websites are easier and cheaper? John Lewis stores are all very dated now. It’s a shame but not a surprise.
All it has done is sadly speed up issues already present

Reactions: 6
I’ve just seen on the Simple Politics Instagram page that there’s due to be a 5pm briefing today regarding gyms, salons etc

Hi. We have been asked to start returning to the office for 2 days per week, but not forced. A friend mentioned today that she saw something on the news last night (and can't recall where) about air conditioning in the office, and air can get gathered in one spot (probably over my desk!), which can make this area more risky than others. Sorry I am not more specific. Has anyone seen this? I would be interested in seeing. Thanks.

Hi. We have been asked to start returning to the office for 2 days per week, but not forced. A friend mentioned today that she saw something on the news last night (and can't recall where) about air conditioning in the office, and air can get gathered in one spot (probably over my desk!), which can make this area more risky than others. Sorry I am not more specific. Has anyone seen this? I would be interested in seeing. Thanks.
The who are now considering calling the virus airborne and they believe it’s caused more by breathing it in than droplets. They now believe the virus can linger in the air for hours and that air con basically circulates it.

Reactions: 5
It's really sad about the job losses. I love John Lewis at Christmas time, luckily my nearest one is staying open for now. I only shop on the high street once a month, sometimes less, it's just not the same as it used to be, I don't enjoy it anymore. I shop on the high street more during the Christmas season. I use the Boots website a lot, but it really annoys me that you can't use Boots gift cards online. I've never understood why but it does my head in!!

Todays figures:
85 deaths, 642 positive.

Last week:
Thursday 2nd July: 89 deaths, 576 positive.

hello everyone, may i ask a question , it might sound stupid. my husband and i have been sheilding due to c.o.p.d since march. we really wanted to go to our local tesco tonight, but since the w.h.o. has said the virus is airborne it has frightened us and put us off. im worried that it could be in the shops air conditioning, or am i being overly paranoid. we are quite desperate to go out, we have been for walks but not the shops yet. thank you in advance, hope you are all safe x

Reactions: 2
hello everyone, may i ask a question , it might sound stupid. my husband and i have been sheilding due to c.o.p.d since march. we really wanted to go to our local tesco tonight, but since the w.h.o. has said the virus is airborne it has frightened us and put us off. im worried that it could be in the shops air conditioning, or am i being overly paranoid. we are quite desperate to go out, we have been for walks but not the shops yet. thank you in advance, hope you are all safe x
Meh I went to Waitrose today, didn't catch it. (well I'll let you know in two weeks).

But seriously I and loads of other people have been working in a Tesco superstore throughout the whole thing including well before they put perspex around the tills, and with the public and colleagues in our faces all the time, nobody caught it there either. (I'm not working there now, my temp job came to an end). I also spent a few days (and nights) in hospital recently, which was fully air conditioned, didn't catch it there either (was tested three times for it as part of their routine).

Until they come up with some proof, the airborne claims are nonsense, start worrying about that the day they ground all the airplane. If planes are safe then I'm damn sure the supermarket is. It's just the WHO trying to scare us and stay on the radar.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
No one here is qualified to advise you on this, we only have as much info as you unfortunately.

Having said that, the virus is currently in low circulation in the community in most areas and if yoy adhere to the guidelines it's very unlikely it would be dangerous but it's very much your call to make. If you will be anxious I would wait until shielding officially ends on 31st July.

Reactions: 11
It’s hard to compete with online shopping. As an amazon prime member , it’s so easy to order from there and get it at home next day without shipping costs. It takes away the Parking fee, the queuing up in shops or trying to navigate in god awful small shops where you can’t even pass each other without having to attemp to jump into the merchandise to avoid bumping into each other. Also; there’s nothing left in my town apart from a primark, a river island, wilkos and 10 coffee shops. Unfortunately it’s the way it’s been for the past 2 years

Reactions: 4
No one here is qualified to advise you on this, we only have as much info as you unfortunately.

Having said that, the virus is currently in low circulation in the community in most areas and if yoy adhere to the guidelines it's very unlikely it would be dangerous but it's very much your call to make. If you will be anxious I would wait until shielding officially ends on 31st July.
thank you very much, we may go and wear a mask and stick to the guidelines as you say. its very nice of you to reply as i never post on here, i feel somewhat reassured if the transmission is low. thanks again hope you are well x ( i find this virus stuff most confusing )

Reactions: 9
I'm still waiting for my dentist to start being able to use drills again as filling fell out at start of lockdown. They said they are waiting for PPE from welsh government and then have to have it fitted to ensure it fits properly. I just can't understand why the govt doesn't get a move on and deliver PPE to them!

Reactions: 1
I am not shielding but I have been to the shops a lot , without a mask and I’m fine. I don’t wash my shopping either, I just make sure i use hand gel and wash my hands when I come back home. X x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.