Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could this be why the data is late today then?
Most likely, given that they have to combine this data with existing Pillar 1, I imagine the data will come out tomorrow as there will be a lot of cases that haven’t been publicised like Leicester where we found out that their cases were extremely high. I wish the government was more clear on community transmission, I actually didn’t know that the data we see every day was just hospital testing, but now shops have opened and pubs are reopening we need to see how coronavirus is affecting us.

Reactions: 3
Most likely, given that they have to combine this data with existing Pillar 1, I imagine the data will come out tomorrow as there will be a lot of cases that haven’t been publicised like Leicester where we found out that their cases were extremely high. I wish the government was more clear on community transmission, I actually didn’t know that the data we see every day was just hospital testing, but now shops have opened and pubs are reopening we need to see how coronavirus is affecting us.
So will this give a higer figure then?

I wonder where they've pulled it from. I bet twitter is full of conspiracy theories as to why the figures are 'late' 😆
Haha surely they have better things to do with their life than sitting there freaking out and stressing making up weird theories 😂

It should only affect the number of infections not the deaths as I think they started to include pillar 2 from the beginning of June for the deaths ( I could be wrong )

Reactions: 2
Yes especially in local authority figures, apparently it won’t make a big difference in the actual daily round up we see daily but I’m not convinced because Leicester saw very big increases of cases per week, and they don’t seem to be included in overall figures. A few areas are convinced their cases are double the figure right now.

as Monga iterated, figures will only appear higher for number of infections as death rates appeared in June for all settings. There is a backlog for deaths which suggests that right now less deaths occur.

Reactions: 2
I think we may be given new testing ‘figures’ with a better breakdown of what is within hospitals/H&SC settings, community etc. I’m hoping that this delay will finally offer us the numbers of people tested again. I’m not feeling negative on it because I don’t think it’s a big jump in deaths like half of twitter seems to think.

Reactions: 1
Todays figures:
20200702_212603.jpg

Last Thursday:
20200625_145517.jpg

Edited to say sorry for posting again when already posted! Didn't see the others. But yay for the low figures today.

Reactions: 11
Little breakdown of today:

• NHS reported 35 deaths in total across 12 dates, of which the earliest was from 2nd April.
• Last Thursday they reported 55 deaths over 9 dates, again the earliest reported was on 2nd April.

I’m hoping the care home, community hospital, hospice and at home deaths are finally beginning to catch up and we are past the lag we have witnessed so far.

Seven day rolling average for deaths as of today now stands at 110. This was 288 at the beginning of June.

Reactions: 8
It doesn't say how many were tested just tests issued ...
Regardless, positive tests are reducing. We could sit for hours pointing out negatives but personally I’d rather look at what can be taken positively

Reactions: 9
Been out to shops today and it’s so weird queueing and things being so different. It’s so nice to see them numbers dropping. I said to my mum earlier I really don’t want life to be like this forever so this makes me slightly happier.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel so relieved to see much lower numbers today
It makes me so happy to see this. One of the reasons I post breakdowns every day that I can is to try and help at least one person feel better about those figures 😌

Reactions: 12
Regardless, positive tests are reducing. We could sit for hours pointing out negatives but personally I’d rather look at what can be taken positively
Yeah everyone's different I'd rather the full facts you're more prepared then ..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.