Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly how many people would pay for private testing?
Surely most of the tests are nhs.
Whys testing numbers significally down.
Its like trump said uf we test less we get less Postives.
Really is farcical.
Poor Leicester.

Saw on bbc news press preview
In schools wjole year groups stay off 2 weeks if postive cases at theur school.
Fines to return for parents who dont send their kids back to school in september.
I kept my kids of week longer than schools opened as became worried.
I would do same in autumn/ winter if i felt the virus was out of control locally.

Reactions: 2

I do kind of like that he hasn’t been a hypocrite though by having a haircut on the sly....also he could have asked Carrie to do it (it wouldn’t have looked any worse, let’s face it!) but he’s kind of joining the masses in a show of solidarity by not having it cut? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do kind of like that he hasn’t been a hypocrite though by having a haircut on the sly....also he could have asked Carrie to do it (it wouldn’t have looked any worse, let’s face it!) but he’s kind of joining the masses in a show of solidarity by not having it cut? 😂
I just think he's too hungover to worry about his appearance . I'm sure Carrie must be sick nagging him to wash his face and comb his hair 😂 but It'll be practice for when Wilfred needs reminding;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly how many people would pay for private testing?
Surely most of the tests are nhs.
Whys testing numbers significally down.
Private companies are performing the tests under Department of Health guidelines - Public do not pay for the tests. The government pays the private companies to perform them to increase testing capacity, which they are still missing terribly!

Edit: Harley Street testing and all of that is completely different x

Reactions: 1
Private companies are performing the tests under Department of Health guidelines - Public do not pay for the tests. The government pays the private companies to perform them to increase testing capacity, which they are still missing terribly!

Edit: Harley Street testing and all of that is completely different x
Ok get you now was confused.
I get fact they subcontractors out tests.
We had issues of 1 person counting as 2 tests to boost numbers.
Comments above are they saying the daily testing figures are wrong?
That they may seem low but they not not included within the daily figures they release.
I cant believe they not testing nhs workers and care staff weekly as routine.

How do we think parents and schools are going to manage sept.
Parents being threatened fines.
I assune no social distancing at all if full time attendance.
I assume child sick or someone in class self isolating they stay off and not fined.
But then it affects their siblings attendance too as they wont be able to go in as they be other year groups and classes or even other schools.
How the heck do schools and councils keep track of who to fine.
What about children of parents who sheild or is shielding ending for all.

How will bosses manage colleague absence sorry boss cant come in today childcare issues.
Theres already enough discrimination in the work place.
This whole debacle has really impacted on women more than men.
Now that husband back in work its his main focus.
Meanwhile in trying to do home school keep house clean and tidy, refree the many rows, shop , meal plan and cook im exhausted before i even go into work to do evening/ late night shift.
Even when I'm back by 11.30 by time have snack tidy and try and get some sleep.
Im shattered and i expect so many other mums are.

Reactions: 10
After sleeping on it, I feel less negative about this whole Leicester thing than last night.

The government are at least taking action to stop this from getting bigger which is what needs to happen, hopefully things like this will help in keeping overall numbers low. It's good that it's not just being left to spread until we all end up back in full lockdown.

Also, Hancock has said it's for 2 weeks now and if things improve before 2 weeks it will be lifted sooner, so that's good too.

Reactions: 14
After sleeping on it, I feel less negative about this whole Leicester thing than last night.

The government are at least taking action to stop this from getting bigger which is what needs to happen, hopefully things like this will help in keeping overall numbers low. It's good that it's not just being left to spread until we all end up back in full lockdown.

Also, Hancock has said it's for 2 weeks now and if things improve before 2 weeks it will be lifted sooner, so that's good too.
I think what's more concerning is why leicester is so bad.
Also lots in Leicester county asking who does it include.
Surely some will travel for work.
Without road blocks and increased police how will they manage and enforce lock down.
Why lockdown today but leicester schools thur?

Reactions: 4
I’m now worried the labour areas of the country will be voluntarily locking themselves down, they never wanted to reopen in the first place 😂

First time posting in this thread but I’ve been following every one. I’m from Leicester and they’ve sent 3 or 4 testing centres to various parts of the city, surely cases WILL go up if there are more tests being carried out. If you stick a lot of testing centres in other cities, their cases will go up too, no? I can’t help thinking we’ve been made a bit of a scapegoat here 🤔

Reactions: 6
I am also wondering if ethnicity plays a role as to why the outbreak in Leicester is worse than other areas of the country.

There was a study released previously on BBC News where they said that in hospital settings, people of South Asian descent were dying in larger numbers than people of any other ethnicity. I think it was around 20-25% higher.

Leicester has a fairly large British Asian community. I really hope that the authorities get a handle on this outbreak because I’m really worried for them otherwise. 🙁

Post edited to add the article I was referencing - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53097676

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this has already been answered. So Leicester is in lockdown for 2 weeks with all non-essential shops closing so does that mean that everything will immediately go back to normal after that such as pubs/restaurants reopening or will they be a step behind the rest of the country?

Sorry if this has already been answered. So Leicester is in lockdown for 2 weeks with all non-essential shops closing so does that mean that everything will immediately go back to normal after that such as pubs/restaurants reopening or will they be a step behind the rest of the country?
I wouldn’t be surprised if that two weeks gets extended. I imagine they’re going to have to gradually phase back into normality.

Will you be on lockdown too ? it said some surrounding towns will be affected also..
Its 45 mins down motor way, theres two cities and 3 towns between us. So I think we will be ok if its contained x

Same here. I’m just waiting for it to spread fast again 😩
Hopefully its contained. Weve got two cities and three towns between us. Its 45 mins down M1 x

I’m in Nottingham.. I hope they don’t all flood here hoping to get a pint and go shopping!
Oh that's close. Its probably the same distance from us to notts, than you are to Lecister. Love a notts xmas market 😂

Oh and Annie's burger shack 🤤

Last edited:
They aren't going to police this local lockdown, there is nothing to stop anyone from visiting the next countt for work, shopping, leisure.
Interested to hear from those living in Leicester, would you say on the whole people have flouted social distancing? Have their been mass gathering in public places? Any protests?
I think like someone else said, the government is trying to make an example of this one area.

For those planning on UK holidays, do you know what would happen if the area you visited went in to lockdown? I have no holidays booked so it's not something I've looked into. But would you be expected to lockdown on your holiday site for the duration of the local lockdown or would you be asked to leave and then self isolate for 7-14 days on your return to home?

I agree. I do think perhaps if they saw this a week ago then perhaps they should have done it a little sooner, but on the other hand perhaps they were trying to be sure it is a rise versus just increased testing.

I do believe Hancock said they’ve checked the amount of tests v cases to some extent and there is proven to be a rise of cases coming back positive and hospital admissions? I caught it on the news last night so probably not word for word

I agree. I do think perhaps if they saw this a week ago then perhaps they should have done it a little sooner, but on the other hand perhaps they were trying to be sure it is a rise versus just increased testing.

I do believe Hancock said they’ve checked the amount of tests v cases to some extent and there is proven to be a rise of cases coming back positive and hospital admissions? I caught it on the news last night so probably not word for word
He said they saw the rise happening for the past 2 weeks and so they put in 4 mobile testing sites, which they will now be increasing again.
Hospital admissions in Leicester are between 6-10 a day, other trusts are around 1.

He also said children had been particularly impacted by this outbreaks so schools are closing from Thursday for all but essential workers and the vulnerable. Does anyone know how children have been 'particularly impacted', are they asymptomatic and spreading it or are they catching it and becoming ill?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not been on the thread for a while but what does of everyone think about the comments on schools coming from Leicester Im glad Scottish schools didn't open. We are now on summer holidays and not due back till August.

Why are schools not closing now?
Extra testing in Leicester over the last 10 day had shown there was an "unusually high" number of positive results among children in the city, the health secretary told BBC Breakfast on Tuesday.

He said children were "very low risk" of becoming seriously ill from Covid-19 but that schools would close in Leicester to help reduce transmission of the virus.

Schools in the city will remain open until Thursday, Mr Hancock said, in order to allow parents to arrange childcare and to give people notice to prevent them "gathering outside the school gates trying to work out what's happened".

He said they saw the rise happening for the past 2 weeks and so they put in 4 mobile testing sites, which they will now be increasing again.
Hospital admissions in Leicester are between 6-10 a day, other trusts are around 1.

He also said children had been particularly impacted by this outbreaks so schools are closing from Thursday for all but essential workers and the vulnerable. Does anyone know how children have been 'particularly impacted', are they asymptomatic and spreading it or are they catching it and becoming ill?
Piers is on a rant and hes correct

Matt hancock said on bbc breakfast that he dident think knowing how many daily tests was important and then some waffle and wasent challenged.
Cleary they had some inkling leicester was problem 10 days ago.

The new plans schools load unworkable bollacks for senior schools

I keep willing them to do better
Yet still a tit show.
No confidence no reassurance now i worry about regionalised lockdowns other areas.
How mnay parents will lose their jobs over this.

Kids affected/kids not affected. Which one is it ffs. By October every kid is coughing. How will they police that in schools?

Kids affected/kids not affected. Which one is it ffs. By October every kid is coughing. How will they police that in schools?
Nurseries too. My daughter is due her 1 year jabs soon and will likely get a fever afterwards 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.