Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had 4 theatre trips cancelled or postponed so far. Have 3 more at the end of the year and not heard anything yet.
I feel for anyone who is in the arts right now, hope they get to go back to doing what they love soon. And il be right there to support.

Reactions: 6
Forced to wear glasses and a mask at the same time?
You might be entitled to condensation.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I absolutely love the theatre and have had six visits booked between now and end of the year, they have all been either cancelled or postponed. I cannot see a way of them being able to open unless there’s a vaccine. Very sad, but not surprised, to hear about Broadway as well. There will be no pantomime production at out theatre this year as they don’t have money to cover purchasing everything they need and are also worried about ticket sales being low, in addition there is the chance they will be told they cannot open, So they have decided not to take the risk.

I had my first Starbucks at the weekend, not quite the same as going for dinner but still nice. Have ventured into town to the shops, it’s been nice, I’ve felt ok with it. Although I miss the buzz of a busy shop, it’s nice to browse in relative peace!
So sad. We have a tradition of going to the ballet every Christmas Eve and it seems it won't happen this year. If they can social distance cinemas - spacing people apart, surely they could do the same for the theatre and require masks.

Well, the news about theatres has utterly depressed me. I thought because cinemas were opening, they wouldn't be far behind.

• Sad
Well, the news about theatres has utterly depressed me. I thought because cinemas were opening, they wouldn't be far behind.
They are asking for 3 months notice to get ready, government has told them they will get 2 weeks 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Have they said why Hancock's statement is to take place after 9pm ?

Reactions: 1
So sad. We have a tradition of going to the ballet every Christmas Eve and it seems it won't happen this year. If they can social distance cinemas - spacing people apart, surely they could do the same for the theatre and require masks.
I guess the difference with theatre is the cost of the production and artists and they wouldn’t cover their costs with reduced tickets sales or reduced prices. It just doesn’t seem there is a way around it.

Reactions: 4
How many ballets have you seen where the leading man and lady and all the other dancers all stay 2m (or even 1m) apart for the whole show?

How big does an orchestra pit have to be to accomodate an orchestra all sitting 2m apart?

Then there are all the stage crew, lighting and sound technicians, wardrobe assistants and dressers, hair and makeup artists, many of which work in the tiniest of rooms or backstage nooks and crannies.

Cinema staff these days is a few people to sell popcorn and tear tickets and clean up. Not even a projectionist any more as the film showing is all done on timers and remote control systems.

No comparison really between cinema and theatre/concerts.

Reactions: 7
How many ballets have you seen where the leading man and lady and all the other dancers all stay 2m (or even 1m) apart for the whole show?

How big does an orchestra pit have to be to accomodate an orchestra all sitting 2m apart?

Then there are all the stage crew, lighting and sound technicians, wardrobe assistants and dressers, hair and makeup artists, many of which work in the tiniest of rooms or backstage nooks and crannies.

Cinema staff these days is a few people to sell popcorn and tear tickets and clean up. Not even a projectionist any more as the film showing is all done on timers and remote control systems.

No comparison really between cinema and theatre/concerts.
Good points! So sad it has come to this though. They may never even get a vaccine which makes it all the more depressing.

Reactions: 1
I guess it leaves an element of surprise if you can order when you are there, rather than pre planned. It will be so nice to eat out. Enjoy and let us know how you get on and what the experience is like.
Whenever I go for a meal, I've always looked at the menu online and decided what I want

Will keep an eye out for news
Looks like they want to extend the lockdown there but the mayors not happy ! he said they cobbled the info together at 1am to let them know ....we'll find out later they said around 9 pm..

Reactions: 4
Forced to wear glasses and a mask at the same time?
You might be entitled to condensation.
Its bloody hard work, started back on Sunday and I only worked 4 hours, bit was glad to take the mask off. I have a cotton one and it's better to wear with glasses, I will say that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.