Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has already been covered but what’s the script with weddings??

all nations have their own rules but I’ve just read the list of rules for English weddings... honestly it sounds like a dystopian nightmare. No singing allowed, brides and grooms in masks.

It made me wonder if the uptake will still be high. I can fully get folk really wanting to get married now (as in just them, get married, no fuss/reception etc ) I’d be interested to know if any Tattlers are planning on having a covid wedding ceremony and reception this year?
My daughter was due to get married in November. At the start of lockdown they postponed the wedding and have since re-booked it for Feb 2021.

More and more public toilets are reopening, the council have had to refit some of them to adhere with social distancing. More importantly lifeguards are getting back to manning the beaches, slowly but hopefully by the summer holidays they will be fully up and running.
I wouldn't say locals are hostile,the most I've seen is locals saying they are making the most of the next week or two and will then stay away from the tourist hotspots until the end of the summer season. You see the odd prat on social media but in reality that is a tiny percentage who think like that and you'll likely not even come in to contact with those few. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time down here and hopefully the sun will shine ☀
I hope so! Not too fussed about the weather, as long as it’s dry and I can have a wee when out and about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

all nations have their own rules but I’ve just read the list of rules for English weddings... honestly it sounds like a dystopian nightmare. No singing allowed, brides and grooms in masks.

It made me wonder if the uptake will still be high. I can fully get folk really wanting to get married now (as in just them, get married, no fuss/reception etc ) I’d be interested to know if any Tattlers are planning on having a covid wedding ceremony and reception this year?
My bestie is thinking of getting married during lockdown (using those number limits to her advantage). They don’t have to wear a mask. She can have 6 people, and can’t walk down the isle or say any words of their own except the standard ones. The registrar is behind a screen.

She’s loving it. Nothing big and perfect excuse because people keep sticking their nose in. She’s thinking of having people back to the garden with a big party on their one year next year.

Reactions: 14
The wedding guidance is ok if you want to just be legally married, but for the thousands of couples and THOUSANDS of people who work in the wedding industry, this has been a real kick in the teeth.

30 guests max. But socially distanced so hard for some venues. Even a lot of outdoor weddings because of English law have to do the legal bit under cover in a small area, which is too small for couple, registrars and 2 x witnesses.

No contact with anyone outside your household. So dad's can't give away arm in arm.

'Absolute minimal service, just legal requirements' meaning no readings, no singing.

No reception at all afterwards.

And no idea of a map to get us out of this. Cue lots of very confused couples, many of whom have compromised a lot anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Booking confirmed for my favourite restaurant for saturday :D disposable menus, got to turn up exactly on time as no waiting at the bar area, 1 hr 45 slot with a 15 min turn around for them then to deep clean the area, contact details to be given on arrival for test and trace. I'm so excited to eat allllllll the food

Reactions: 17
Booking confirmed for my favourite restaurant for saturday :D disposable menus, got to turn up exactly on time as no waiting at the bar area, 1 hr 45 slot with a 15 min turn around for them then to deep clean the area, contact details to be given on arrival for test and trace. I'm so excited to eat allllllll the food
Something lovely to look forward to. Do you have to pre order?

Reactions: 2
Wow just been announced that all the Broadway theatres in New York will remain closed until 3rd January 2021 (they closed suddenly in March, about the same time ours did).

I few UK theatres and arts venues have already made similar announcements in recent days about not reopening until 2021, but I expect a lot more around the country will now, and no doubt a similar date will come from London's West End theatre organisations.

This is just devastating news for the Arts world. I would think that theatres staying closed that long also means the same for concert venues and probably even nightclubs too, although I realise there's a lot more behind the scenes work in very cramped conditions that goes into theatres than nightclubs. I know there's some open air / drive-in concert type stuff being announced here and there but the capacities for those are tiny and it's hard to see how they're making any money.

Tragic for all those employed in the Arts both here and in the USA.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Something lovely to look forward to. Do you have to pre order?
Nope. They did ask me how many households were included in the booking (think they’re only letting 2 or 3). Would have preferred an online order system than disposable menus though, seems a little wasteful

Reactions: 7

I'm due to get married in October. Its not a huge wedding, only 50 guests and no evening guests. I'm at the moment still holding out hope that they will allow this but all I can do is wait. If I need to postpone I will. I want nothing more than to just be married, but I have been looking forward to this day for ages. All our family and friends are also still hopeful for us and everyone is seeing it as a big party for us all to be together again, but again we will just see.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nope. They did ask me how many households were included in the booking (think they’re only letting 2 or 3). Would have preferred an online order system than disposable menus though, seems a little wasteful
I guess it leaves an element of surprise if you can order when you are there, rather than pre planned. It will be so nice to eat out. Enjoy and let us know how you get on and what the experience is like.

• Heart
I guess it leaves an element of surprise if you can order when you are there, rather than pre planned. It will be so nice to eat out. Enjoy and let us know how you get on and what the experience is like.
Thank you, I will do! I haven’t been to any shops (besides supermarket) so this will be my first social experience for months. I’m sure it’ll be strange but it’s nice to finally have things to look forward to!

• Heart
Wow just been announced that all the Broadway theatres in New York will remain closed until 3rd January 2021 (they closed suddenly in March, about the same time ours did).

I few UK theatres and arts venues have already made similar announcements in recent days about not reopening until 2021, but I expect a lot more around the country will now, and no doubt a similar date will come from London's West End theatre organisations.

This is just devastating news for the Arts world. I would think that theatres staying closed that long also means the same for concert venues and probably even nightclubs too, although I realise there's a lot more behind the scenes work in very cramped conditions that goes into theatres than nightclubs. I know there's some open air / drive-in concert type stuff being announced here and there but the capacities for those are tiny and it's hard to see how they're making any money.

Tragic for all those employed in the Arts both here and in the USA.
I absolutely love the theatre and have had six visits booked between now and end of the year, they have all been either cancelled or postponed. I cannot see a way of them being able to open unless there’s a vaccine. Very sad, but not surprised, to hear about Broadway as well. There will be no pantomime production at out theatre this year as they don’t have money to cover purchasing everything they need and are also worried about ticket sales being low, in addition there is the chance they will be told they cannot open, So they have decided not to take the risk.

Thank you, I will do! I haven’t been to any shops (besides supermarket) so this will be my first social experience for months. I’m sure it’ll be strange but it’s nice to finally have things to look forward to!
I had my first Starbucks at the weekend, not quite the same as going for dinner but still nice. Have ventured into town to the shops, it’s been nice, I’ve felt ok with it. Although I miss the buzz of a busy shop, it’s nice to browse in relative peace!

There is major lobbying going on within arts/entertainment at the moment for sector support etc

Reactions: 3
What’s the situation in England with travel? Are people allowed to go anywhere? I’m in Wales so we’re technically not allowed - my family is all in England and I’m wondering how I stand with going to visit. Not really allowed further than 5 miles but once I’m over the border it’s fair game? So weird.
I'm in Wales too. As from next Monday the 5 mile rule is gone....its anywhere. So we are travelling to Surrey on 10th July to see our grandchildren. Can't wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I absolutely love the theatre and have had six visits booked between now and end of the year, they have all been either cancelled or postponed. I cannot see a way of them being able to open unless there’s a vaccine. Very sad, but not surprised, to hear about Broadway as well. There will be no pantomime production at out theatre this year as they don’t have money to cover purchasing everything they need and are also worried about ticket sales being low, in addition there is the chance they will be told they cannot open, So they have decided not to take the risk.

I had my first Starbucks at the weekend, not quite the same as going for dinner but still nice. Have ventured into town to the shops, it’s been nice, I’ve felt ok with it. Although I miss the buzz of a busy shop, it’s nice to browse in relative peace!
I love the theatre too and have had several cancellations since lockdown🙁.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
There is major lobbying going on within arts/entertainment at the moment for sector support etc
I know, I doubt it will come to much though. Rishi has already spent too much on the furlough scheme (which way more companies took up than was intended) and other measures, there's no money left. Vast numbers of small Limited Company businesses and freelancers have been completely ignored for any assistance and I expect the arts world will be ignored as well.

Theatre lover here too. Had loads booked this year and thankfully most have been rescheduled for next year. Have booked school of rock for January for my daughter but not hopeful we will get there.
Missing concerts too. Should've been at westlife on Friday then taking my daughter to see little mix on Sunday. Both cancelled with no new dates 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.