Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well the woman confirmed who has it in my city is an elderly lady who never leaves the house 🤷‍♀️
This is it, I said to the woman in 111 we are now an infected country!! We can all pass it on to each othe. I’m worried sick about my daughter who’s 18 ☹

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I rang 111 again about my daughters cough that she’s had since Tuesdsy. No other symptoms now as her tight chest has gone today but the cough is lingering. Again because she hasn’t been to an affected country she can’t be tested despite having a parent with a chronic illness and father with asthma. We’re supposed to just sit and wait to see if I get it. I said well isn’t the UK now an affected country?? On the news it says there could be 5-10k infected and not tested. Absolutely disgusting.

Now on the news being told to self isolate for 7 days even if you have a cough, and the family too.

My son is too afraid to go to school tomorrow, we’ve a few cases as of today in our next town. He is upset and doesn’t want to go. What a horrible situation this is as a parent when your children are afraid. He snow scared incase his sister has coronavirus and he won’t let her in his bedroom, so we’re having to resssure him it’s likely just her mild asthma because her tight chest has now gone and today she’s coughed for less, all good signs. I understand his fears as I’m now watching myself closely for 14 days and I won’t lie I’m terrified having chronic illness.
I understand it to be anyone who has cough/temp/cold like symptoms to self isolate but they will bring in household isolation if things pick up in the next couple of weeks.

The UK government just don’t care about anyone and it pisses me off so much, I’m very anti Tory and I’d happily smack BJ’s head in to see if there’s anything actually in there

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Given his breathing last night during that clip, I wouldn't be at all surprised

Here it is for anyone that hasn't seen it
My sisters chest sounds like that, but she always puts it down to over use of hairspray in the 80's so ??

Reactions: 1
So disappointed but I somewhat understand what they’re saying in regards to schools. I get that they’re fully expecting it to get worse and this is basically just the starting line

not sure why it’s changed to 7 days from 14 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sad this government aren’t closing schools like the rest of Europe what a mistake .
A virologist said yesterday on TV that she does NOT recommend school closures... This would mean that many grandparents would need to look after their grand children because the parents still have to work (especially doctors.. nurses) and this would put them at very high risk and might strain the health care system.

Reactions: 5
I remember Karl Pilkington years ago saying China’s eating habits were problematic. Little did we know he was a prophet 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don’t disagree about schools not closing but surely large gatherings like parades, sporting events etc are completely unnecessary and easy to cancel? Almost every other affected country is doing it!

Reactions: 12
So it’s all over the world, why does everyone keep comparing it to Italy and not other countries? Just getting a bit confused about this?

Reactions: 4
So it’s all over the world, why does everyone keep comparing it to Italy and not other countries? Just getting a bit confused about this?
Because Italy has such a high influx and the media are lapping it up.
They seem to be the worst affected country closest to us = The perfect doom & gloom story.
Therefore it influences people to only compare to Italy because that's all we read.

They seem to be the worst affected country closest to us = The perfect doom & gloom story.
Therefore it influences people to only compare to Italy because that's all we read.
But France which is closer hasn’t been as bad as Italy? The media is doing my head in

Buy the polenta. You can make delicious cornbread if you have eggs, plain flour and butter. Easy to whip up and goes well with chilli.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For Germany :

Coronavirus Cases: 2,512
Deaths: 5
Recovered: 25

Chancellor Angela Merkel the German leader on Wednesday laid out some cold, hard facts on the coronavirus in a way that few other leaders have.

"Two in three Germans may become infected, Ms. Merkel said at a news conference that reverberated far beyond her country. There is no immunity now against the virus and no vaccine yet. It spreads exponentially, and the world now faces a pandemic."

Ms. Merkel, for her part, spent time studying science before becoming a politician: She is a trained physicist.

On Wednesday, when she addressed her fellow Germans, flanked by the health minister and the head of the public health institute, she took pains to say that the information she was sharing had come from the experts. And that information, she said, informed the public health decisions being made by the authorities.

The most important thing, the chancellor said, is to slow down the spread of the coronavirus to win time for people to develop immunity, and to prevent the health care system from becoming overwhelmed.

The chancellor urged Germans to observe restrictions and stand in solidarity with one another, for the common good.

Soccer games will play to empty stadiums. Big events will be canceled. If need be, Germany will even suspend its cherished balanced budget and borrow more.

“We must take all necessary measures,” Ms. Merkel. “That is true for the government and everyone in a position of political responsibility. But it is also true for all citizens, the 83 million people who live in our country. It is about protecting older people, those with previous illnesses and vulnerable groups.”

“This is putting our solidarity, our common sense and our openheartedness for one another to the test,” she said. “I hope that we will pass it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Don’t disagree about schools not closing but surely large gatherings like parades, sporting events etc are completely unnecessary and easy to cancel? Almost every other affected country is doing it!
yes this. They should be encouraging us to be socially distant if they reckon there’s 5000-10000 people with it, I mean reduced opening hours would be a start

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.