Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People with minor symptoms are not going to stay at home. The pressure from bosses and colleagues to go in to work will be insane. I’ve shared an office with a woman who has complained of a sore throat all week and thinks the whole thing is a fuss over nothing 🙄
What about people who don’t get sick pay? Who can’t afford to stay off? Mortgages don’t self isolate.

Reactions: 6
ba
What happens when 75% of the nurses don’t turn up for work because they’re needed at home though. I just don’t understand how the country would cope.
[/QUOTE]
I think the men of those households could pull their pants up and look after the children whilst there partner* goes to work.

*im aware not all nurses are female, but the vast majority.

Reactions: 4
At least they are acknowledging that there's probably about 10,000 cases rather than 600

Reactions: 8
"We are looking at the science"
"well......umm.........We are looking at the science"

At this rate Boris is gonna become a Meme

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anyone else see this? 😂😂😂
You hands down win the internet for me this is hilarious .

They are not filling me with confidence my anxiety is now through the roof . I wish they would have just said nothing . I don’t trust them at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bottom line is this is not about slowing the virus to protect the vulnerable.

It’s the opposite. Letting it run unchecked striking down down the weak, non productive members of our society and keeping the cogs of business turning at that cost.

duck them, it IS eugenics.

edit: and cherry on cake is you are not protected financially or contractually if you go off sick with “minor symptoms” as instructed. Absolutely batshit crazy. All about protecting business.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
We need to delay the peak- prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed essentially. Also if we do “too much too soon” people will become fatigued and it will lose effectiveness.

All of the testing will focus on people who are in hospital, anyone at home self isolating will not be tested. BUT they will test based on severity, regardless of their travel history.
Thank you.

So, if it peaks in a few weeks, when do they expect this madness to end?!

Reactions: 1
Bottom line is this is not about slowing the virus to protect the vulnerable.

It’s the opposite. Letting it run unchecked striking down down the weak, non productive members of our society and keeping the cogs of business turning at that cost.

duck them, it IS eugenics.
Completely agree, should wipe a fair few out on disability benefits, can imagine they will be rubbing their greedy hands together with glee 😡
Edit: I am aware that reads like the most depressing poem ever

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
They will only be testing people that are in hospital.
and that’s one of the biggest parts of the problem. These people could be lying in open bays infecting all and sundry before symptoms arise and they are tested. Next thing you know the NHS is on it’s knees. 😡

For anyone that can't watch it, in a nutshell

1584034247802.png

Reactions: 2
I have No words!

What the duck is going through their heads?!! Can they not see the utter devistation it's causing in other countries?!!

Reactions: 13
Completely agree, should wipe a fair few out on disability benefits, can imagine they will be rubbing their greedy hands together with glee 😡
Edit: I am aware that reads like the most depressing poem ever
You have to wonder don’t you!

Reactions: 1
"i'm washing my hands..... that's the crucial thing"
WHAT THA F**K?

Reactions: 3
Thank you.

So, if it peaks in a few weeks, when do they expect this madness to end?!
Until a vaccine is developed+ tested (12-18 months), manufactured and deployed globally this is going
to continue for some time to come. Some models point to the virus not reaching it's peak until winter 2020/21, there are a lot of unknowns.
Rather than following the science, I believe they are either deluded and taking a massive gamble or simply putting the health of the economy before the health of the nation, which does appear to have a whiff of eugenics to it.

Reactions: 5
"i'm washing my hands..... that's the crucial thing"
WHAT THA F**K?
I’ve come here to say this!!!! He was literally asked if there’s a plan of who will step in if he gets it!! Washing your hands isn’t going to fix it all you donut!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.