Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else dreading things going back to normal.

Dont get me wrong my partner and kids are driving me up the wall but it's the longest, by far weve all been together. Probably spent two probably together max.
Weve not had to get up, or rushed about.

Rushing tea to get to swimming/gymnastics or dancing. God knows how were all going to get ready when it comes to the school run. Were lucky if we make it out the house fed and dressed by 10!

Also I have alot of 6.30 starts. I've not got out of bed before 8 most days. Unless the baby says other wise.

Reactions: 14
Went food shopping with my other half yesterday, well I sit in the car and read while he goes in and does the weekly shop. I could see a group of men aged I'd say 65 plus, stood round a car with the boot open (one of them using it as a seat), there was a couple of other cars beside them with the boots open so they obviously belonged to them and had arranged to meet there, drinking coffee/tea from the supermarket cafe (it's open for takeaway drinks only). No social distancing and one of them had a face mask on but the whole thing was pulled down under his chin! 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Dont get me wrong my partner and kids are driving me up the wall but it's the longest, by far weve all been together. Probably spent two probably together max.

Rushing tea to get to swimming/gymnastics or dancing. God knows how were all going to get ready when it comes to the school run. Were lucky if we make it out the house fed and dressed by 10!

Also I have alot of 6.30 starts. I've not got out of bed before 8 most days. Unless the baby says other wise.
I’m the opposite.
i crave some normality. I’m on maternity leave,
my baby has been in lockdown more than half his life. I crave the days where we can go out and be normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m the opposite.
i crave some normality. I’m on maternity leave,
my baby has been in lockdown more than half his life. I crave the days where we can go out and be normal.

Oh bless. I was due to finish my maternity leave and go back to work the day before lock down. I'd be feeling completely different if my partner wasnt at home to help with the kids 🤯 x

Reactions: 1
Amazing news Northern Ireland 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

someone mentioned how these threads are slowing down. I was so anxious about the virus, but now I feel like I’m not worried at all anymore. Whether it’s acceptance or denial, I’m not too sure yet. My children are back at school and getting on amazingly. We have a much needed structure back in our lives and not staring at the same 4 walls every day. We’ve seen most family members (albeit in their gardens) and generally feel the most ‘normal’ I have done since lockdown. A far cry from a few short weeks ago.

I do wish we made the most of the time we had. I couldn’t relax throughout and in hindsight wish I had enjoyed the slow pace of life a bit more. We are pretty much back to normal now

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh bless. I was due to finish my maternity leave and go back to work the day before lock down. I'd be feeling completely different if my partner wasnt at home to help with the kids 🤯 x
Yes totally! One thing I appreciate about lockdown is the time my partner has had to spend with our baby too but I do just want a normal life back now!

So happy to see NI has no deaths again. And the UK deaths are definitely coming down a fair amount now. Crazy that a few weeks ago we were pretty much at 1000 every day! Hoping for social bubbles with no distancing to be introduced soon and then I don’t care much for opening restaurants/pubs etc.

Reactions: 9
I do wish we made the most of the time we had. I couldn’t relax throughout and in hindsight wish I had enjoyed the slow pace of life a bit more. We are pretty much back to normal now
Me too! I will never have as much paid free time as I did for those 7 weeks I was on furlough and I spent half of it crying. I get laughed at daily by my boyfriend for how sulky I am about being back at work after I whinged my way through lockdown 🤣 His favourite thing is to remind me of about 4 days in when I cried because he ate Mexican food without me. It wasn’t funny at the time 🙈

Reactions: 5
I understand your point but they are 6 and 1. They never knew the play grounds were closed. Weve not mentioned anything about the virus to my 6 year old, she knows theres some "germs" as we dont think she needs to know. We made sure they was well out the way and no one was around. Didnt want to make it awkward for any other parents.
I hope they enjoyed it 😌
It’s brilliant to see the kids in playgrounds again, they really did miss it so much.

summer camps are now being arranged for late July/August here which will be brilliant for them before starting school again.

it really does feel like things are back to normal.

And now, the fun times start....

The crisis will cast a long shadow over the world the OECD said”

That figure is significantly worse than predictions”

“The report describes both outlooks as sobering, but either way, the deep recession now unfolding will be followed by a slow recovery.”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've hated every minute of lockdown. Anxiety has been through the roof throughout and being unwell and feeling alone despite having my husband and children here has been really tough. I would love to have some normality back but at this moment in time the world actually terrifies me. It's definitely affected me mentally.

• Sad
  • Heart
At the moment the economy impact scares me more than the virus. I worry if school doesn’t get back to normal for a long time that my employer won’t put up with it for long term. I don’t have family I can ask for help with childcare as they all work full time too and I’m a single parent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m craving some kind of normality, even if family can get together. I have a 19m old who’s in desperate need of interaction with kids but too scared to put him in a nursery. My mom looks after him whilst me and my oh work but since lockdown we’re having to work opposite each other doing 12 hour days ☹

Boris is set to announce new measures and easing of restrictions in a minute. I wonder if this will be anything more than just zoos **prays for social bubbles**

I understand your point but they are 6 and 1. They never knew the play grounds were closed. Weve not mentioned anything about the virus to my 6 year old, she knows theres some "germs" as we dont think she needs to know. We made sure they was well out the way and no one was around. Didnt want to make it awkward for any other parents.
Thats fair enough, I know it can be akward for other parents so glad they weren't around.
When a playground here was still under construction people let their kids in and I heard one parent having to explain to their little boy why they couldn't go in.
Obviously completely different circumstances.

Thats fair enough, I know it can be akward for other parents so glad they weren't around.
When a playground here was still under construction people let their kids in and I heard one parent having to explain to their little boy why they couldn't go in.
Obviously completely different circumstances.
I know what you mean. It makes the parents who are doing the right think look like right dick heads, causes unnecessary drama.

We do have a park 2 minutes down the road in the new estate. Theres houses all around, mostly with kids. I would never dream of taking them there at the moment.

Hopefully wont be long until going to the park is legal and not ground up on 😅

Reactions: 2
Been away for a while just trying to get my head sorted out. Have missed a few threads I think. Daughter is going to nursery 3 hours a week while I’m at work. H is home but he’s working from home so he gets 3 hours to power through some work. That’s about as much risk as I can take. I am still anxious about it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.