Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there will be a huge uptake in children using childminders come September and the possibility by then of there being bubbles which could be used for childcare.
I have a friend who is worried about it, she's already started to look for a night job so someone can come and sit in the house whilst her child is asleep and she can be home for him when if school is part time.
I guess for a lot of people they will use family and friends for childcare, they won't really have any other choice.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This is what I don't understand, whilst employers are understanding how long is that going to continue? Also with the furlough scheme ending October I suppose that means they expect people to be back full time by then. Surely not possible with only part time schooling?
It can't be feasible in the long term, I work 4 days a week and rely on grandparents for before and after school care on 2 of those days. Are we expected to hand the job of home schooling over to grandparents for half the week? Honestly it's utter madness and I do worry about what's going to happen :(

Will that be two full days a week for the schools opening back up?

I am up in Aberdeen and my son is about to start p1. We are still waiting to hear how it is going to work up here. I have also a 3 year old in nursery. Really not sure how that will work. As there is around 60 kids in at the same time.

I am in Scotland and have received a letter from the local council. Our schools will be going back 2 days per week in August and have said that due to the distancing required they can only accommodate 40-50% of the kids at the one time. I do know that it’s not just my council who have sent a very similar letter with the same plan.

Obviously as a country we are being slightly more cautious.

if you are currently furloughed I think the scheme is allowing you to go part time and your employer cover 50% of your wage and the government cover 50% to facilitate part time working.

Todays figures:
20200609_163012.jpg

Edited to say last Tuesday was 324 deaths and 1613 positive for week on week comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Just read that some scientist thinks the UK could have zero daily deaths in the next 3 weeks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Shes working but she said she’s been told the guidance is atm that she can only have children from one household and she’s already got some children from another household whose mum is a frontline worker...
Not sure if that’s the guidance everywhere. But if it stays that way when I have to go back to work, I won’t be able to go back. I’ve got nobody to have them but I’ll also have no money 😭
Oh gosh. Hopefully its sorted by then xx

Will that be two full days a week for the schools opening back up?

I am up in Aberdeen and my son is about to start p1. We are still waiting to hear how it is going to work up here. I have also a 3 year old in nursery. Really not sure how that will work. As there is around 60 kids in at the same time.
10 hours of teaching per week per child, so 2 days 9-3. My youngest is currently receiving the 30 funded nursery hours but we’ve been told that it’s likely she will only receive 15 hours at present, but waiting to hear about that.

That is at least 3 councils I know of doing it this way. I have heard Falkirk might approach a one week on, one week off approach but it’s not been announced yet.

Reactions: 2
What's the difference between people tested and number of tests?
I think it's if they send out say 10,000 tests only 5,000 of those could actually be lab tested on that day depending on man power etc

Ive been to see family again today, been to my dads again for a couple of hours and sat in the garden to have lunch (took my own food)
Then been to sit with mum in the garden for a couple of hours and had a cuppa with her 😁
Its SO nice to see people again! Even if the only things there are to talk about are corona related 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ive been to see family again today, been to my dads again for a couple of hours and sat in the garden to have lunch (took my own food)
Then been to sit with mum in the garden for a couple of hours and had a cuppa with her 😁
Its SO nice to see people again! Even if the only things there are to talk about are corona related 😂
I can't wait to be able to do this. Weather is awful here at the moment though.

I had a hospital appointment today and had to wear a mask. I don’t wear one when I’m out and about and don’t plan to unless compulsory. I don’t know how people wear them all day - my glasses steamed up and my face was so sweaty! Yuk.

Depends on the factory really. Manufacturing was never officially shut so some kept working throughout. Our manufacturing plants are staffed at about 40% right now to keep them safe.

Are factory workers back in work?
[/QUOTE

What's the difference between people tested and number of tests?
I believe one person has at least 2 swabs (nose and throat), that is counted as 2 seperate tests in the figures. So 100,000 tests could be 50,000 people.

I think there will be a huge uptake in children using childminders come September and the possibility by then of there being bubbles which could be used for childcare.
I have a friend who is worried about it, she's already started to look for a night job so someone can come and sit in the house whilst her child is asleep and she can be home for him when if school is part time.
I guess for a lot of people they will use family and friends for childcare, they won't really have any other choice.
it's very awkward. I know it's not easy to figure out what to do & it's not necessarily anyones fault, but I'm really concerned about it. People will definitely use family, even if it goes against 'guidelines'.

it's very awkward. I know it's not easy to figure out what to do & it's not necessarily anyones fault, but I'm really concerned about it. People will definitely use family, even if it goes against 'guidelines'.
Yup we’ve had too. Had no choice, all my office has had to the same due to lack of childcare 😬

ok I’m confused my school had already risk assessed getting all primary year groups back on the 22nd and had confirmed a phased opening (with limited numbers of pupils). Does this announcement mean the school can’t now deliver this or just schools are given a choice (which most were anyway?)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.