Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woman desperate for a big mac..... It was only a matter of time.

How desperate do you have to be to do that?! 😂 I don’t get the hype with McDonald’s however if I change it to a chocolate shop for example if I was refused entry I’d go somewhere else. We’ve got about 4 McDonald’s very close to each other!

Reactions: 1
I mentioned our school had started zoom catch ups, spag and trail maths lessons. They've cancelled them now, my 8 year old has been in tears. She really misses school 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Alot of kids have gone back to my daughters school. Mainly those of key workers. My daughters teachers back at the school fulltime now.
I'm starting to feel like kids that are still at home (the school isn't open to everyone in the selected groups) are starting to hear less and less from their teacher/school.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Alot of kids have gone back to my daughters school. Mainly those of key workers. My daughters teachers back at the school fulltime now.
I'm starting to feel like kids that are still at home (the school isn't open to everyone in the selected groups) are starting to hear less and less from their teacher/school.
Yep, I mentioned this yesterday in a little rant. I wouldn’t choose to send my child back if school opened up to his year because luckily I’m not forced to do so, I can keep him at home for the foreseeable. However, we’ve been accessing the work set by school every day so far and I ensure he posts regularly on his class blog to stay in contact with his teachers. Now that’s being taken away from us it’s left us struggling as he needs the work for motivation and seems to think he can argue with me when I try and set work 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yep, I mentioned this yesterday in a little rant. I wouldn’t choose to send my child back if school opened up to his year because luckily I’m not forced to do so, I can keep him at home for the foreseeable. However, we’ve been accessing the work set by school every day so far and I ensure he posts regularly on his class blog to stay in contact with his teachers. Now that’s being taken away from us it’s left us struggling as he needs the work for motivation and seems to think he can argue with me when I try and set work 🙄
All we get every few weeks is a BBC bitesize link sent to us.

I know her teachers are really busy but 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
All we get every few weeks is a BBC bitesize link sent to us.

I know her teachers are really busy but 🤦‍♀️
Yeah it’s not great is it? Ours were good to be fair. He was getting about 5 pieces set daily but it was only taking about two hours max so it didn’t feel too much.
But now it’s nowhere near and I’ve noticed the kids that were regular contributors on their blog have all dwindled. It’s a shame as it gave them a place to talk to each other.

It’s not the schools fault, their hands have been forced.

Yeah it’s not great is it? Ours were good to be fair. He was getting about 5 pieces set daily but it was only taking about two hours max so it didn’t feel too much.
But now it’s nowhere near and I’ve noticed the kids that were regular contributors on their blog have all dwindled. It’s a shame as it gave them a place to talk to each other.

It’s not the schools fault, their hands have been forced.
Yes we used an website they upload their work, pictures and communicate with their teachers.

There was work and fun challenges nearly every day. Kids are still encouraged to used it. My daughters teacher often replies as late as 11pm at night and uploads alot at weekend. I'm not blaming her at all but just feel like my daughter and others that are still at home are being left out.

Reactions: 3
The education secretary is giving a statement at the commons later ,all schools won't open before the summer the news is reporting?

The education secretary is giving a statement at the commons later ,all schools won't open before the summer the news is reporting?
Yes I've seen on facebook (I know, I know). EARLIEST is Septemeber and it still wont be back full time and maybe not all kids. I know the source isn't reliable but I think it will be true.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes I've seen on facebook (I know, I know). EARLIEST is Septemeber and it still wont be back full time and maybe not all kids. I know the source isn't reliable but I think it will be true.
But they are staying open for R, year 1 and year 6 though I beleive. And years 10 and 12 back part time next week I think, they just aren't able to open it up to everyone as planned befote the Summer i guess. Such a shame, so many children missing out.

Reactions: 2
Our education sec has said only part-time school hours from now on, it's the only way they can do it safely .Won't be easy for working parents only having a 2 day school week.

But they are staying open for R, year 1 and year 6 though I beleive. And years 10 and 12 back part time next week I think, they just aren't able to open it up to everyone as planned befote the Summer i guess. Such a shame, so many children missing out.
Our education sec has said only part-time school hours from now on, it's the only way they can do it safely .Won't be easy for working parents only having a 2 day school week.
Yes my daughters in Y1. Breaks my heart when shes watching all her pals go to school. She sits at the window and shes like that so and so. Oh here comes ..... then its followed up by her asking when she can go back.

I've started giving her her breakfast in her bedroom so she cant see them.

Yes part time help when your working either 😒.

I know it's to keep them safe but it's IMO it's not good for their mental health.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.