Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m NHS too, and I have looked after positive covid patients, I’ve filled out the form today to be tested.
Will be so interesting to see how many direct healthcare workers have had it without knowing x

I have come to the realisation that I lead a very boring life! What with Prof Neil Ferguson and his open marriage relationship, and the Labour MP meeting up with her married lover. I just work from home all day on my laptop, log off, cook dinner, watch Coronation Street and go to bed with a good book. Couple of glasses of wine at the weekend. No frisson in my life! I am missing out!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Will be so interesting to see how many direct healthcare workers have had it without knowing x
Very few on my ITU, I suppose it’s good because the PPE obviously works but we were hoping with so much exposure to it in high risk area we might have built up some antibodies 😂😂

Reactions: 2
This is the saddest part of lockdown. The left picture I took the last time I went to see my cousin’s baby boy. The right picture she just sent me of him now. My whole family have missed out on so much of his first months😭
Ah I know that feeling. My youngest nephew is now 10 months, last time I saw him was middle of Feb, he was just about sitting up then and now he’s standing up and nearly walking. Best friends baby is a month younger, saw him two weeks before lockdown and he’s changed so much now 😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
This is the saddest part of lockdown. The left picture I took the last time I went to see my cousin’s baby boy. The right picture she just sent me of him now. My whole family have missed out on so much of his first months😭
This is so sad 😢 two of my friends were pregnant and have given birth since the start and their babies are two months old now and I haven’t even had a snuggle. I know there are bad things happening. But this is all so unfair. I feel like this is a dream, all of it and I don’t like it at all, 💔💔

In the time we’ve been in lockdown, my almost two year old has come out of her cot and is now in a big girl bed, talking more, her hair is getting all curly and beautiful, my three year old son is finally potty trained and in a high sleeper, stopped having a dummy and no more bed time milk and my mum is heartbroken that she has missed all of this time. My older two are ok, still seeing their dad at weekends so fine. But my mum is begging me to let the little ones stay with her for the weekend aaaand, I’m torn 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This is so sad 😢 two of my friends were pregnant and have given birth since the start and their babies are two months old now and I haven’t even had a snuggle. I know there are bad things happening. But this is all so unfair. I feel like this is a dream, all of it and I don’t like it at all, 💔💔

In the time we’ve been in lockdown, my almost two year old has come out of her cot and is now in a big girl bed, talking more, her hair is getting all curly and beautiful, my three year old son is finally potty trained and in a high sleeper, stopped having a dummy and no more bed time milk and my mum is heartbroken that she has missed all of this time. My older two are ok, still seeing their dad at weekends so fine. But my mum is begging me to let the little ones stay with her for the weekend aaaand, I’m torn 💔
That bought a little lump to my throat. It’s like a chapter of a book....and those you love never got to read it with you. Do what feels right, only you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x
Yes had mine last Thursday, got text Friday that it was negative. I’ve never had it, mixed feelings really. Wanted it out they way. Bless your mum, never thought of it that way ❤
Mixed result in our department just waiting on someone to do an audit with results

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was talking to my female boss today, and I said I have not worn make-up or a bra in 3 months! She is the same. Oh the relief.... Anyone else?
I wear a bra but my boobs are huge so I wouldn't risk it 😂
Haven't worn makeup or done my hair at all apart from when we had a doorstep photo, also been keeping on top of my skincare routine so my skin is so clear!

Saw this on twitter and found it quite interesting. These daily briefings are beginning to become incredibly negative and toxic.
I agree - I'm not sure how popular this is but I really feel the briefings could be stopped now, maybe 1/2 a week, and of course more if theres more news happening or more needs explaining. I don't really watch anymore because its like groundhog day, the press ask the same questions repeatedly, the same info is repeated and the data whilst is 'accurate' isnt accurate at the same time

Reactions: 5
Very few on my ITU, I suppose it’s good because the PPE obviously works but we were hoping with so much exposure to it in high risk area we might have built up some antibodies 😂😂
Have you all had the antibody test?
I’m a nurse and was redeployed to ICU, my hubby is a Dr, both been working throughout. Neither of us has had any symptoms, so we’re obviously both curious.

I’m a nurse and was redeployed to ICU, my hubby is a Dr, both been working throughout. Neither of us has had any symptoms, so we’re obviously both curious.
My trust did random testing last week to sort out the logistics and then it should hopefully be up and running this month for all staff testing

Reactions: 1
Completely fed up worked through at a nursery for key worker children and opened up fully on the 1st. Do not feel safe at all mixing groups up and staff swapping rooms and won’t bring more staff in to help out so we are all working arses off while half the staff are home safe on furlough. Totally disappointed in the company and feeling sorry for myself ☹ I’m still worried about getting sick i know cases are dropping but it’s still out there and feel totally unprotected

• Sad
yes I’m a nurse, my hospital started taking samples last week, with a lot of exposure to covid still even now, very few staff on my unit have antibodys, the staff who have treated positive have had confirmed covid

yes I’m a nurse, my hospital started taking samples last week, with a lot of exposure to covid still even now, very few staff on my unit have antibodys, the staff who have treated positive have had confirmed covid
You mean even staff that have had the virus don't have any antibodies?

yes with a lot of exposure to covid still even now, very few staff on my unit have antibodys, the staff who have treated positive have had confirmed covid
My friend is nhs lab technician she was ill marcg she had antibody test turns out she's not had it
Her lab worm rotation 1 week at home then in work I guess it's ensure they have staff as they only have quarantine 1 team..

Went retail park today just the range and wilkos..
Then I did food shop aldi.
All 3 shops were quiet and I was child free felt good.
Hopefully got 3 weeks worth of food in case we have self quarantine at last minute.

Yes had mine last Thursday, got text Friday that it was negative. I’ve never had it, mixed feelings really. Wanted it out they way. Bless your mum, never thought of it that way ❤
Mixed result in our department just waiting on someone to do an audit with results
Totally get the mixed feelings I think I'd be the same. I think shes seeing it as a positive now and happy she can feel less scared about it x

You mean even staff that have had the virus don't have any antibodies?
no they are the only people who do have antibodies.A few weeks ago we also started doing asymptomatic swabbing which picked up some positive cases, They don’t have the antibodies though, so maybe you only get antibodies if you actually have symptoms

Reactions: 4
I had my antibody test done, I tested negative for covid last month but I have antibodies. I know of a few within my trust who have never had a positive test or even felt ill but have shown antibodies. It’s quite terrifying really to think that we could have potentially had it and carried on as normal 🥺

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.