Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also had really bad ‘suspected’ pneumonia in January and then my Grandad caught whatever I had and was in bed for two weeks with ‘suspected’ pneumonia, I am sure that pneumonia isn’t contagious. He actually said to me, “Don’t tell your Nan this....But this week I actually thought I was going to die, I really couldn’t breathe...” I am certain that we both had it as I was also so poorly to the point that I stayed in bed for a week and my Nana babysat downstairs whilst my other half was at work. However no other family members caught it, my children didn’t and my partner had very very mild fatigue and a bit of a cough.

Reactions: 5
It could be he just reacted to it in a different way. I know quite a few people who developed pneumonia around Christmas/jan time. I’ve never experienced that before unless I’m just getting to the age where people just get pneumonia I had something in Feb where I lost my sense of taste and I thought it was sinusitis and I heard kate garraway say her husband thought he had sinisitus before he was admitted. My son and husband had z fever at the same time. That just seems too coincidental to me. I suppose we won’t know without these antigen tests

There’s a lot of talk out that we’ve just gone through the second peak but that’s coming from doctors and consultants

Reactions: 8
There’s a lot of talk out that we’ve just gone through the second peak but that’s coming from doctors and consultants
Is there really a lot of talk though? I can’t find a single reputable source reporting that.

Is there really a lot of talk though? I can’t find a single reputable source reporting that.
I don’t think people would report it at this stage anyway as it’s an uncertainly but I posted earlier that a doctor had also said this to me also so I suspect it’s conjecture between medical professionals at the minute.

Reactions: 1
I work with respiratory consultants and that’s all they were commenting on and they said fellow respiratory consultants in the north east felt the same way

Reactions: 4
Yes there were queues outside our little IKEA on Saturday and Sunday. Really? In the rain you want to stand in a queue for an hour to buy some tealights? People have been going to the shops as a family outing again which is irritating at the best of times. The protests went have helped and the people who decided to join in just for a tear up who couldn't care less about Black lives matter certainly havent helped but it wont be the only reason for a second peak. At least most of them are young and wore masks.

Reactions: 2
Secondary school teacher here. We’ve been told by our head that it won’t be back to normal for quite some time and that “blended learning” will be the new normal (a combination of in school and online learning)

Facebook removed over the weekend. Absolutely sick of the virtual signalling, home made party political broadcasts and accusations of racism because people don’t agree that now is a good time to be protesting because of C-19

Reactions: 9
I don’t understand the blanket 14 day quarantine for travellers coming from outside of the U.K./ROI. A German man on the news pointed out that he was travelling to an area that was very low risk so it seemed illogical that he’d have to self quarantine when returning to a relatively high risk area (U.K.). If the government is keen to get the economy moving again, wouldn’t it make sense to only enforce quarantine on people travelling from high risk areas?

Or is it largely to prevent people from unnecessarily travelling as few people will want to/can afford to self quarantine for 2 weeks plus whatever quarantine in the destination country?

Reactions: 1
I have just dropped my 6 year old off for her first day at school (they are doing alternative weeks) it was nice to see how happy she was to see her friends. I'm happy with my decision to send her back..

Reactions: 20
I have just dropped my 6 year old off for her first day at school (they are doing alternative weeks) it was nice to see how happy she was to see her friends. I'm happy with my decision to send her back..
I sent my daughter today. She’s absolutely miserable at home. Having 5-6 tantrums a day, not sleeping well. She’s become very clingy to me like she sits on the floor in the bathroom whilst I shower. She’s obsessing over events that have happened. I don’t know if I’ve done the right thing but stAying at home wasn’t good either

Reactions: 10
My 2 year old has sailed into nursery saw her little friends and was so excited

Reactions: 9
My six year old went back Thursday, we’ve just received a text to say a child in her class developed mild symptoms over the weekend and all children in that Bubble need to isolate until we have test results. If this happens often we may have to consider pulling her out because we can’t afford my partner to be taking days off a couple of times a week, does this mean he should come home from work now and we now have to isolate?!

I’m sure she’ll have a lovely time, it really isn’t anything like what some the media have made out. My son is only in 2 days a week and he has already said he wishes he was in today (so do I )

Reactions: 6
Ah hope all is ok. That’s the only thing if one becomes ill they’re all off which is understandable. Hope they all stay well

I’m sure she’ll have a lovely time, it really isn’t anything like what some the media have made out. My son is only in 2 days a week and he has already said he wishes he was in today (so do I )
Ah thank you. There’s 8 in their bubble and she loves the teachers she has (2 as they’re part time) although literally don’t know what to do with myself now, son playing his guitar (as he does most days) baby asleep and low maintenance even when awake he’s a settled little baby. I’ve just drank a coffee hot! Not happened in 3 months

It sounds like the best thing, my 6 year old has been having a lot of mood swings at home. I hope shes enjoys her day. It's hard isnt it to make the decision x

Made myself a sock mask last night out of a new white trainer sock its not actually that bad Shoved some kitchen roll down the back and it seems ok.
Using it for the first time today so will see how I go! Not used a mask yet and theres not many people round here using one so I'll probably feel a right wally

Reactions: 4
I felt silly wearing mine (started just after lock-down when not many were), but I forget it's there now! I have to remind myself that I might have to repeat what I'm saying if I mumble a bit because no one can see my mouth haha

Today I went to Tesco and the little town I live in/Post Office and almost everyone was wearing one so it's definitely more the norm than not now. It's actually more noticeable when someone isn't wearing one tbh. They even have them for sale at the door of the M&S food court.

Reactions: 3
Wearing the mask makes my glasses steam up loads which is a pain and dangerous since I’m blind as a bat if I can’t see with my specs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.