Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Birmingham Hippodrome are now closed until 9th November.

They are asking people to continue to support them by buying gift vouchers for future performances, by accepting a credit rathe than refunds that can be used against future performances or to swap your tickets for rearranged performances.

I've accepted rearranged performances for We Will Rock You which is now 2021 and Mamma Mia which now 2022. Just waiting for new dates for Phantom and Les Mis and the Pantomime (NYE for us)

Got 3 gigs/concerts too that I expect to be cancelled (September, November and December)

Holiday still not cancelled (8 weeks today) weekend break to Manchester (10 weeks today) has been cancelled, Weekend in Devon (Oct) not cancelled and weekend in Liverpool (Nov) not cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That sounds so good . I would be happy for them to attend something like that.
Yes he does a lot for the kids tbh, he was saying the older teens parents were ringing him asking could he do something with that age group ,as they were just wanting to stay in bed gaming all day .So people are worried what effects this will have on their kids.

i know an only child who hasn’t seen his friends since nursery/schools closed.
He’s just turned 5, lives quite close so was invited to join them on Thursday, but he didn’t want to play with them (there was 5 of them together all from the same group of houses) because he’s scared to join in, not because of the virus he was just scared to join his own friends 😞 Like he forgot how to play.

He eventually did join and had fun,
but he was very upset and overwhelmed yesterday.
It’s effected them more than I ever thought.
This is where parents really need to mind their language and behaviour in front of their children. This is what's going to cause the damage to mental health. Scaring your child into behaving how you want them to is abusive.

We are now ready to open on Monday. I can't wait. I've also been enrolled on a course, as recommended by our LA for working with children with mental health issues. We've been told to prepare for children who have been traumatised by behaviours at home in response to Covid 19.

Reactions: 3
That was a depressing read. We got it so wrong didn't we?
controversial opinion,

from the outside looking in, since Brexit was first mentioned,
The U.K. seems to have completely lost its way.
Trump level lost it’s way. 🤦‍♀️

Scaring your child into behaving how you want them to is abusive.
Na, you’re blaming the parent, Without knowing what’s going on it’s the parents fault, it’s not, not even close,

The kid is an only child, taken out of nursery - who hasn’t seen other children for over two and a half months, society made it that way, he (I assume) felt scared to join kids who were natural whilst playing with each other, he didn’t know their games, he didn’t know where he fit in the game,
Exactly like a kid in a new school, but all kids are now the “new kid in school”

it’s hard for them to adjust back but that’s not a parents fault, look at this thread, it’s hard for anyone to adjust back!
We have people having panic attacks and washing down shopping.

I don’t blame the parents or expect them to have done differently, kids will experience emotions like this regardless, because it’s scary!

I’m with a 5 year old right now who handed me his toys and said “remember when we put them away we need to wash our hands”

bleeping weird from a five year old who’s diet pre ‘rona was probably 20% snot 😐

fully agree some kids will have been effected by what’s been happening at home, I fear for those kids and what they’ve seen and heard, but to a lesser extent every child is going to experience a certain amount of uncertainty in the next 6 months.
Parents will feel guilty and they shouldn't

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Sorry I didn’t take into account that there are people that don’t do hugs), (my fiancé included. Bless you, I hope you get to see someone soon, it is horrible.
I have been naughty my mum and dad sat in my garden when the kids were asleep. They were heartbroken that I didn’t let them see the kids but I cannot explain to an 18 month old and 3 year old that they can’t cuddle Nana 😢. She is BEGGING me to let her have them overnight and I just can’t.
I have Aspergers and it has been overly difficult to stay away because I am SO prone to being a little over affectionate and over the top. I am itching to cuddle up with my mum or even MY Nana.
I know what you mean. I’m very close with my Nana, I used to visit her everyday with the kids, and not being able to see her properly for months has been killing me. I feel so bad because I’m looking after other people’s grandparents yet have to maintain my distance with my own. I also worry if something else happens to her health-wise during all of this and we don’t get that time together.

My son has autism and he is very tactile, overly affectionate and loves a cuddle. We’ve had to avoid seeing family because he just wouldn’t understand to keep his distance. None of them do, it’s such a shame for them. Hopefully things will get back to some semblance of normality. ❤

• Sad
what I don't get about the pubs in particular opening is surely they need to make sure the virus is fully gone before opening them as everyone and their mother is going to want to go to the pub? especially the first night out after lockdown it'll be black friday but worse. You can't socially distance in a pub on an average saturday night as it is
I live in Australia and here some states have reopened restaurants and pubs while others are still waiting.
The way they are doing is that only 10 or 20 people are allowed at the restaurant at the same time and tables must be 1.5m apart from one another. The pubs are only allowed to serve alcohol with a proper meal.

By the end of July every state will have it all opened but still with certain restrictions as this is a trial. If all goes well than they will increase the numbers. Our government is trying at all costs to avoid a second wave. Cause if does happen then we will be in lockdown again for a longer period.

In some countries in Europe, clubs and bars will be reopening next month. I don't see this happening here anytime soon though. Same goes for hair salons. I'm desperate for a haircut though 😖💇‍♀️ My hair is a tangled mess these days.:ROFLMAO:
As weird as it seems our PM said that hairdressers were considered "essential" so they were never asked to close down same goes for remedial massage, acupuncture etc. We never really understood the reasoning behind as gyms, beauty places had to close down.

I really hope that you all get to go out and enjoy life soon. But to be honest even now that we are allowed to go places I am still a tad concerned as I don't wanna catch anything. The point is that while this virus is around and no vaccine is found I don't think we will be able to live a normal life like before.

Last edited:
I've also been enrolled on a course, as recommended by our LA for working with children with mental health issues. We've been told to prepare for children who have been traumatised by behaviours at home in response to Covid 19.
We had a lovely email from the school pastoral worker and it made me feel confident they are putting the kids mental health at the forefront when planning.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This whole situation genuinely terrifies me. I'm worried that I'm not going to cope once I'm allowed back out. Doctor gave me permission to go for short walks but I did it once last week and it frightened the life out of me. I don't know if I'll ever feel normal or safe again

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This whole situation genuinely terrifies me. I'm worried that I'm not going to cope once I'm allowed back out. Doctor gave me permission to go for short walks but I did it once last week and it frightened the life out of me. I don't know if I'll ever feel normal or safe again
The wellness society have a brilliant free online course on coronavirus anxiety.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We had a lovely email from the school pastoral worker and it made me feel confident they are putting the kids mental health at the forefront when planning.
That's absolutely how it should be. We care for the whole child and that includes mental health.

Ofsted and Local Authority have even said that in early years, the focus should be on personal, social and emotional development for the next few months to ensure the whole child is healthy and being made to suffer.

One worker from a nursery on a Facebook group this morning has said they will be splitting into groups of 5 and those 5 children will be made to stay 2 metres apart from each other. They've removed all toys out of the garden and taped up built in equipment as they can't play on it.

This goes against ALL guidelines.

We have to split our attending children into groups. Equipment in the room has been cleaned and cut down in half so our own bubbles can play with them together, then they get cleaned, put away, go outside then different toys out.

We've been told to spend as much time outside as possible. Equipment used in our bubbles then wiped down before the next bubble use it

Seats moved further apart round the table for snack and meals

I've made Mark making bags for all the children so they have a fabric bag with their own chalk and playdough in. The bags can be washed and they have their own chalk as chalk cannot be washed. Pencils and pens can be wiped so they can be shared in bubbles and wiped after use. Again these have been divided so there's enough to use while others are being cleaned.

No one other than staff can come into nursery. Pre school will enter via a slide through the door (wiped after use)

Everyone else gets popped in a bubble car and drove to their rooms (wiped after use)

We've ourchaed cat litter trays for every child so they have an individual tray for water and messy play.

Even the LA are encouraging the groups to be divided into friendship groups so the children can still have familiar friendships.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes our school is doing the class of maximum 15 but then doing 'friendship bubbles' of 4 who can play more closely.

I've seen photos on Facebook from 3 different garden parties with absolutely no social distancing. I'm in Scotland so that was only day one of the looser restrictions and people are already doing as they please. I don't care if people bend the rules slightly but at least maintain distance 😩 I can't cope if we go backwards with all this.
Same here!! I'm in Scotland also. A neighbour (well, 2 doors away) had a gathering in their garden yesterday, no social distancing and more than we've been advised to meet. To them it seemed like lockdown was all over. They also have a disabled daughter, if she gets covid she will die, no two ways about it. It was actually shocking!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ll be interested to know what our school proposes, because at The moment it seems a shambles

This is where parents really need to mind their language and behaviour in front of their children. This is what's going to cause the damage to mental health. Scaring your child into behaving how you want them to is abusive.

We are now ready to open on Monday. I can't wait. I've also been enrolled on a course, as recommended by our LA for working with children with mental health issues. We've been told to prepare for children who have been traumatised by behaviours at home in response to Covid 19.
She literally said that the child isn’t scared of the virus, he’s just forgotten how to play after being away from everyone so long. Calling the child’s parents abusive is a stretch if I ever saw one....

Reactions: 9
Email from school yesterday, they now wont be opening next week and have delayed until at least the 22nd of June. They have said they want track and trace up and running effectively before they go ahead with opening. And that they definitely will not be opening to wider years before the summer holidays.
They've said plans are already in place for September and it is looking likely that all children will be on a part time/staggered timetable to allow for every child to have some time in school with teachers and peers.
Lots of upset parents on Facebook who had told their children they would be returning next week and now have to tell them they won't be.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My trust in the Government slips more and more into the minus! Something needs done about the tories, this can't go on!
BBC News - Coronavirus: Risk in UK lockdown easing too soon, warn scientists
That's exactly what I mean ,it's going to be more detrimental to the economy .We'll be back to square one in no time 😐 plus all the people rushing out of furlough will be worse off if their employer has to close to isolate who is going to pay them ?

That's exactly what I mean ,it's going to be more detrimental to the economy .We'll be back to square one in no time 😐 plus all the people rushing out of furlough will be worse off if their employer has to close to isolate who is going to pay them ?
Exactly 😔 scary times are getting scarier!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Yes he does a lot for the kids tbh, he was saying the older teens parents were ringing him asking could he do something with that age group ,as they were just wanting to stay in bed gaming all day .So people are worried what effects this will have on their kids.
He would definitely game all day if I let him. Hes enjoys the stuff we are doing but the last couple of weeks it's getting more and more frequent him asking to go out with his mates , especially the older one. He truly believes he's the only one not allowed out still. Unfortunately lots of his friends have been out in huge groups for weeks , well before things were loosening with lockdown. I have seen them myself on the way to supermarket etc . The fact that so many of his friends have been out and together as long as they have with no distancing is putting me off him joining them even more 😩

I am trying to keep him as busy as possible and introduce as much new and fun stuff as I can while keeping us all safe. I have PTSD from a previous life event so this whole thing triggers that slightly which isn't helping.

I have stopped grocery wiping now though as that was sending me insane 😁😁

She literally said that the child isn’t scared of the virus, he’s just forgotten how to play after being away from everyone so long. Calling the child’s parents abusive is a stretch if I ever saw one....
Calm yourself down. I never said that regarding the child she mentioned, it was a general comment.

And whether you want to admit it, scaring children into behaving a certain way is abusive.

We've all got to go on further training specifically related to this as some children are being made fearful in order for the parents to get them to behave.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.