Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's exactly what I mean ,it's going to be more detrimental to the economy .We'll be back to square one in no time 😐 plus all the people rushing out of furlough will be worse off if their employer has to close to isolate who is going to pay them ?
Everybody is just behaving like it's gone. It's really worrying. I find the time scale of the changes are really odd too. Why are the changes always implemented in a few days ?? What's changing in those few days for it to go from safe to unsafe. I don't feel like any science or evidence is provided to back up any of the rules anymore.

I hate not knowing all the answers . I need to know WHY we are doing things. 😂🙈 It just seems like money is the driving force of all the decisions and that worrys me most of all

I know what you mean. I’m very close with my Nana, I used to visit her everyday with the kids, and not being able to see her properly for months has been killing me. I feel so bad because I’m looking after other people’s grandparents yet have to maintain my distance with my own. I also worry if something else happens to her health-wise during all of this and we don’t get that time together.

My son has autism and he is very tactile, overly affectionate and loves a cuddle. We’ve had to avoid seeing family because he just wouldn’t understand to keep his distance. None of them do, it’s such a shame for them. Hopefully things will get back to some semblance of normality. ❤
Yep agree we all find no seeing them easier than distanced. Distanced feels unnatural and I feel so awkward. It's horrible. The kids just want to see their cousins and and stuff but they want to see them like before with laughing and chaos and fighting and piggy backing and squeezing 3 in a bed for sleepovers, makeovers, wrestling all the crap they did before that pretty much involved them touching each other one way or another the entire time they are together. not stand 2 metres away and look at them ( obviously they will forget anything they have to say ) 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
controversial opinion,

from the outside looking in, since Brexit was first mentioned,
The U.K. seems to have completely lost its way.
Trump level lost it’s way. 🤦‍♀️

Na, you’re blaming the parent, Without knowing what’s going on it’s the parents fault, it’s not, not even close,

The kid is an only child, taken out of nursery - who hasn’t seen other children for over two and a half months, society made it that way, he (I assume) felt scared to join kids who were natural whilst playing with each other, he didn’t know their games, he didn’t know where he fit in the game,
Exactly like a kid in a new school, but all kids are now the “new kid in school”

it’s hard for them to adjust back but that’s not a parents fault, look at this thread, it’s hard for anyone to adjust back!
We have people having panic attacks and washing down shopping.

I don’t blame the parents or expect them to have done differently, kids will experience emotions like this regardless, because it’s scary!

I’m with a 5 year old right now who handed me his toys and said “remember when we put them away we need to wash our hands”

bleeping weird from a five year old who’s diet pre ‘rona was probably 20% snot 😐

fully agree some kids will have been effected by what’s been happening at home, I fear for those kids and what they’ve seen and heard, but to a lesser extent every child is going to experience a certain amount of uncertainty in the next 6 months.
Parents will feel guilty and they shouldn't
Again, that wasn't aimed at that child.

But 100% parents need to mind their mouths around their children as they are projecting their own fears onto their children and that's not healthy.

One of our children isn't coming back and I'm worried for her staying at home. This is the same child who throws up at nursery and shakes and cries if her hands get dirty because "Mommy says I will die if I come home dirty" she has cream where the skin is literally cracked all over hands from washing them and this was last year. Mom carries her from car to nursery covered with a blanket and doesn't want her outside.

When Mom picks her up, she takes her to the bathroom, washes her hands, face, removed her clothes, puts new clothes on and antic bac gels her hands, arms and legs.

There's things now on place.

Intentionally or not it is abusive. Abusive includes damage to mental health and well being.

I certainly couldn't ignore a situation where a child is terrified because of what's been said by a parent. We shouldn't be scaring our children this way, it's bloody awful.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
He would definitely game all day if I let him. Hes enjoys the stuff we are doing but the last couple of weeks it's getting more and more frequent him asking to go out with his mates , especially the older one. He truly believes he's the only one not allowed out still. Unfortunately lots of his friends have been out in huge groups for weeks , well before things were loosening with lockdown. I have seen them myself on the way to supermarket etc . The fact that so many of his friends have been out and together as long as they have with no distancing is putting me off him joining them even more 😩

I am trying to keep him as busy as possible and introduce as much new and fun stuff as I can while keeping us all safe. I have PTSD from a previous life event so this whole thing triggers that slightly which isn't helping.

I have stopped grocery wiping now though as that was sending me insane 😁😁
Your right not to let him out with his mates if you don't feel comfortable about it .My older boy was asking to go out with his mates too, but I've told him the police be out in force here and they'll get in trouble if they're stopped ,as that's the age group they're looking out for.But you seem to be keeping him busy enough and lifes too short to be washing shopping 😂 x

Reactions: 3
Your right not to let him out with his mates if you don't feel comfortable about it .My older boy was asking to go out with his mates too, but I've told him the police be out in force here and they'll get in trouble if they're stopped ,as that's the age group they're looking out for.But you seem to be keeping him busy enough and lifes too short to be washing shopping 😂 x
The shopping washing had to stop. I felt Insane and I could feel myself getting out of control.chucked all kids in car, went in a shop bought us all a drink to drink immediately and some bird seed and we went and fed the ducks. Just doing something impulsive that involved touching unwashed groceries helped me break the habit. ...and we didn't die so woo winning😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone's school.not reopening at all, with no date given?

I had come to terms with this then over the last few days found out most of our local schools are reopening next week, now I feel like my daugthers being cheated out of the chance to go back.

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Sorry to continue but it just blows my mind that the world could be like this forever, humans thrive on touch and love and affection, I don’t think I could continue to live in a world that would feel so cold and distanced. I love people, I thrive in the company of people, my children love people, they love affection and chatting to elderly people in the supermarket. I can’t imagine a world where people freak out because an old lady tried to coo at their children. This doesn’t feel like a world full of love if everybody has to be apart. There’s nothing better than dinner in a bustling restaurant and people watching, sitting in a park and watching my children make friends with other kids, the chat in the morning at school and having my children holding hands with their friends when they leave the classroom. Play dates and bbqs and parties. This isn’t natural, I bleeping hate all of it. I don’t see the point of a life of distanced chats and keeping away from everyone.
to be honest, once this is over I sincerely hope we keep the 2m in the queue. I’ve loved not having someone breathing on my neck. Also the rate of pick pocketing will go down :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, I wouldnt worry about the kids too much. just adapt and likelihood is we’ll just float back to normal maybe with more awareness on hand washing. there is some worry about kids immune systems though. Especially babies, they need to be out to build it. But I do think kids will be less likely to get ill with d and v and all that stuff.

That said, I quite like idea of people not being all over me. I really dislike physical contact unless it’s with people I really know and love and I really struggle with people’s touchy affection, especially customers in work who mean well and are just being kind but I get really uncomfortable with it. I’m quite enjoying people being far away from me

Intentionally or not it is abusive. Abusive includes damage to mental health and well being.

I certainly couldn't ignore a situation where a child is terrified because of what's been said by a parent. We shouldn't be scaring our children this way, it's bloody awful.
I think right now it’s hard to know how kids will behave over the next few months/years.

but at the same time it’s unfair to put any parent on blast or assume they’ll pass their insecurities onto their kids.
99.99999% of these kids will be fine, they’ll adjust because kids do.

there is always going to be real cases of abuse and neglect but I feel uncomfortable linking a parents worry over this virus (even if the kids have picked up on it) to the word “abuse”

just my opinion, not saying you’re wrong.
But in the environment you’re working in, you’re not working against the parent, you shouldn’t be viewing this as abuse, just as families that might need more support getting back to “normal”

a parent is not a bad parent because they’ve struggled during a pandemic and they’ve found it hard to hide those struggles from their kids.

Reactions: 14
I think right now it’s hard to know how kids will behave over the next few months/years.

but at the same time it’s unfair to put any parent on blast or assume they’ll pass their insecurities onto their kids.
99.99999% of these kids will be fine, they’ll adjust because kids do.

there is always going to be real cases of abuse and neglect but I feel uncomfortable linking a parents worry over this virus (even if the kids have picked up on it) to the word “abuse”

just my opinion, not saying you’re wrong.
But in the environment you’re working in, you’re not working against the parent, you shouldn’t be viewing this as abuse, just as families that might need more support getting back to “normal”

a parent is not a bad parent because they’ve struggled during a pandemic and they’ve found it hard to hide those struggles from their kids.
I never work against the parent and its extremely insulting of you to imply that and patronising as duck too.

I work With certain demographic of children and families where abuse is rife and normal and we have to break those bonds. This is why we are having to under go the extra training to recognise the abuse that might be underlying.

Sadly in our setting, there's abuse going on in many many forms on around 80% of our families.

We have facilities to signpost anxious parents to and work with them to ensure that they don't pass these onto their children but if course we will step in and take appropriate action if we suspect abuse. This doesn't mean their child is getting removed but it does mean help will be put into place for them.

If a child returns and are over anxious and says things that are of concern, it won't be ignored because I want to placate the parents. It will be addressed and dealt with to get the possible outcome for the whole family. Same if parents approach us first.

I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I ig ored these things and justified damaging behaviour.

• Wow
  • Heart
Regarding the testing my sis went and got tested this morning as she is travelling back to Switzerland next week and may need a test result. She went to Bristol airport and said there was only her and one other person . Looks like people are not getting tested due to test and trace

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
The shopping washing had to stop. I felt Insane and I could feel myself getting out of control.chucked all kids in car, went in a shop bought us all a drink to drink immediately and some bird seed and we went and fed the ducks. Just doing something impulsive that involved touching unwashed groceries helped me break the habit. ...and we didn't die so woo winning😂😂
Ive never washed my shopping.

Reactions: 8
If a child returns and are over anxious and says things that are of concern, it won't be ignored because I want to placate the parents. It will be addressed and dealt with to get the possible outcome for the whole family. Same if parents approach us first.

I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I ig ored these things and justified damaging behaviour.
let’s leave this conversation here,
And I wish you and the families you care for well.
but I stand by what I say, a child who has picked up on their parents anxiety, who display anxieties themselves,
Are NOT VICTIMS OF ABUSE.

You took my comment about a child, who was finding it hard to mingle with his peers and play with them again and you ran with it.

sometimes you don’t need courses and guideline and cv updates to know how to be with a kid or parent that’s struggling 🤷‍♀️

I work With certain demographic of children and families where abuse is rife and normal and we have to break those bonds. This is why we are having to under go the extra training to recognise the abuse that might be underlying.

Sadly in our setting, there's abuse going on in many many forms on around 80% of our families.
Not where this conversation started....

Ive never washed my shopping.
clearly you haven’t tried Brussel Sprouts with fairy non bio..... 😐
Game changing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
let’s leave this conversation here,
And I wish you and the families you care for well.
but I stand by what I say, a child who has picked up on their parents anxiety, who display anxieties themselves,
Are NOT VICTIMS OF ABUSE.

You took my comment about a child, who was finding it hard to mingle with his peers and play with them again and you ran with it.

sometimes you don’t need courses and guideline and cv updates to know how to be with a kid or parent that’s struggling 🤷‍♀️

Not where this conversation started....

clearly you haven’t tried Brussel Sprouts with fairy non bio..... 😐
Game changing
Totally agree it’s not forms of abuse or safeguarding issues . Nobody even predicted there would be a global pandemic , nobody knows how to behave during this . Everyone is bound to be scared and anxious about some elements of it but it doesn’t mean if your kid picks up on this , that it’s some form of abuse

Reactions: 11
to be honest, once this is over I sincerely hope we keep the 2m in the queue. I’ve loved not having someone breathing on my neck. Also the rate of pick pocketing will go down :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, I wouldnt worry about the kids too much. just adapt and likelihood is we’ll just float back to normal maybe with more awareness on hand washing. there is some worry about kids immune systems though. Especially babies, they need to be out to build it. But I do think kids will be less likely to get ill with d and v and all that stuff.

That said, I quite like idea of people not being all over me. I really dislike physical contact unless it’s with people I really know and love and I really struggle with people’s touchy affection, especially customers in work who mean well and are just being kind but I get really uncomfortable with it. I’m quite enjoying people being far away from me
Yes for sure . The handful of people I want to hug is very small.

Social distance in shops etc can stay forever as far as I'm concered

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I can tell you, having had the virus has sort of changed my outlook on things. I’m definitely not as uptight and anxious about it, but still have to be careful as not much is known with regards to antibodies and reinfection.
Same here. I’ve had it and my partner did too. Our 5 year old either didn’t catch it from us or did and had no symptoms. I’m eager to get back to some sort of normality now 😩 We both suffered pretty badly with it but no hospital admission thankfully and both fully recovered now

How are they allowing football to be played when you have stay 2 metres apart?

Its a load of tit.
All will be tested prior to games. Anyone positive will isolate and not be able to play, so it's pretty safe.

This includes all those who work at grounds/refs/tv crew/coaches as well as all players.

Sound really horrided but shopping in asda is easing loads been in today people with children. one family had their daughter running round shop crying about not being able to have a barbie picking things up off shelves not being told not too etc. Then Not following arrows and not keeping distance. Yet again making me the snappy witch saying I might not be at risk but your obse arse might be

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Same here. I’ve had it and my partner did too. Our 5 year old either didn’t catch it from us or did and had no symptoms. I’m eager to get back to some sort of normality now 😩 We both suffered pretty badly with it but no hospital admission thankfully and both fully recovered now
My husband didn’t have a test it was just myself, and a few days after I was confirmed he developed the same symptoms as I did. Our kids were both fine so they could be immune or like you say, they took it without symptoms. I’m glad you’re both better now though. To me it felt like a bad flu that I couldn’t shake. I think a lot of it is fear of the unknown, and not being able to predict how badly you’ll take it. The idea of being put on a vent would terrify anybody.

Reactions: 1
Sound really horrided but shopping in asda is easing loads been in today people with children. one family had their daughter running round shop crying about not being able to have a barbie picking things up off shelves not being told not too etc. Then Not following arrows and not keeping distance. Yet again making me the snappy witch saying I might not be at risk but your obse arse might be
Ive seen that the last few times Ive done my food shop kids wandering in the middle of the aisle. Im not saying they shouldn't bring kids because the woman could have been a single parent but at least keep them close. :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.