Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its so wonderful to see Boris thinks the Cummings questions are amusing. Really puts things into perspectives.
Doesn’t it just! It isn’t a government it’s a dictatorship!

Reactions: 5
Its so wonderful to see Boris thinks the Cummings questions are amusing. Really puts things into perspectives.
Tbh I hope they never stop asking, ever. It can fizzle out a bit now and then when he thinks he's safe from them, in like 6+ months, they should suddenly start again 😂

And one day when it's his last day as PM, I hope they ask again.

Reactions: 10
So you can go to the dentist but you cannot get your hair cut?
I don’t feel confident about going to the dentist to be honest. I thought when treatment is done particles become airborne? Surely there is more risk to catching it?
Am I being stupid? If I do t have a checkup now and wait six months will that be OK?

Reactions: 3
I don’t feel confident about going to the dentist to be honest. I thought when treatment is done particles become airborne? Surely there is more risk to catching it?
Am I being stupid? If I do t have a checkup now and wait six months will that be OK?
For procedures that are AGP, staff wear FFP3 masks, treatments rooms have a downtime post procedure and then staff go in to clean it ready for the next one

Reactions: 1
I think they are relying on people being unlikely to go to the dentist unless they really need to vs, if they open hairdressers there will be a huge rush to go. They also will be, to put it bluntly, relying on the fact that fewer people will catch it and if they do, the NHS now has capacity. You have to get back out there at some stage...

I'm desperate for the dentist and can't wait for them to reopen as have had toothache since start of lockdown! I'm in Wales so hope it's the same as England

Reactions: 3
I think they are relying on people being unlikely to go to the dentist unless they really need to vs, if they open hairdressers there will be a huge rush to go. They also will be, to put it bluntly, relying on the fact that fewer people will catch it and if they do, the NHS now has capacity. You have to get back out there at some stage...
My 12 year old desperately needs to go. He's had two brace tightenings cancelled now. Next booked for 11th June

• Sad
I'm desperate for the dentist and can't wait for them to reopen as have had toothache since start of lockdown! I'm in Wales so hope it's the same as England
Also need a dentist for a prolonged lockdown toothache! It really adds to the fun 😂

I think because the dentist is more essential than the hairdresser. That's the thing with it all. They have to pick and choose certain things to ease as they can't ease it all. They have to make those choices through a mix of what is least risky and what is most needed. Everything can't open just now and some people will be in pain with dental problems and others will end up in pain if they don't have checkups and have things found and treated.

We were due to go last week and it was cancelled. I am nervous for when it is rebooked but I would imagine the airborne particles would be yours so more of a worry for the dentist.

They are normally very hygienic you wouldn't want dirty hands or equipment in your mouth any time so I would think this will be increased even more with masks and extra cleaning of things like the waiting room.

Reactions: 6
Have just seen that under 5's can be tested, school did say that they will be reviewing it with Governors regularly so they might open up for Reception in the coming weeks.
Did they mention if the 6 person rule includes children in that number or not, I imagine it does but wasn't sure if they clarified it?

Tell that to the people who couldn't be with their dying family members. Everyone has made sacrifices during these months and they deserve justice and fairness and to see that prick Cummings made accountable.
Yes! My friend has just annoyed me, as she said she switched it off when the journalists came on as she thinks they should stop asking about DC and people should get over it 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Someone who is in agony with toothache needs a dentist more than anyone needs a hairdresser though. A whole nation has been left without adequate dental care.

Reactions: 8
I disagree that the death rate is high, 400 deaths a day on average in a population of almost 70 mil is not high in my opinion. Sadly most of those people will have been on their death beds already as well. I really dont think the country can be on hold any longer with those sort of numbers.
I thought it was about 1/3 of when it was peak. It was 900odd deaths at peak. Now it's 300odd....

Although I don't think you (I mean me) can compare like for like as the 900odd peak figures were just hospitals...

Maybe it isn't that high now... The R is fettering on the edge of 1 though. I suspect schools and shops opening will push it well over 1.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.