Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first time in a while I’m feeling really crap. I’ve barely ventured out with my children, only the odd walk around our neighbourhood. Today they asked to go on a bike ride so I took them out. I’ve really tried to encourage the children to stay with me and to not get too close to others (but I haven’t gone into too much detail about the virus for fear of scaring them long term... perhaps I’m wrong here). Anyway, both kids are on their bikes and was gradually getting closer to a lady on a walk. I told them to wait and let the lady go past (which they did! Whilst keeping two meters at least apart). Well, this lady went absolutely mental at us, throwing her hands up at us. And to be honest, I get why she panicked but its made me afraid to go back out. Maybe I should tell them more, at the minute they think there’s a germ about and we need to wait until it disappears. I suppose I’m worried if I tell them too much then they will be scared in months/years to come. They are only 3 and 4. Just feel really crap about it really - sorry about the ramble x
Just try not to scare them. It's so hard working with children who are scared and cry at messy play because their parents don't allow it and who get into trouble for getting messy.

We are going to have some seriously anxious children with the amount of fear and projecting I'm seeing directed towards the children.

It's the whole child we need to look after and that includes their mental health as well as their physical wellbeing.

Reactions: 3
So, I don’t know whether I can claim baby brain when the baby is now 1, but I have just checked and I didn’t miss the deadline at all... I was actually a day early 🤷‍♀️ I’ve forwarded them my email from yesterday so I’ll see what they say tomorrow 🙄
Maybe it’s a sign?!

We’re secondary so are mainly working from home
Same here, but still automatically get priority as an essential keyworker. Might be worth checking

Reactions: 2
I can't edit my comment but I meant it's hard enough looking after children who cry and get upset at messy play because their parents don't allow it nevermind the children that are going to be terrified of this "killer virus" and won't do anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Sooo angry today ! Was out for a walk with my kids there was a couple sat and a man on his own . The couple were saying that they think they had it back in February but no test but there convinced after coming back from a holiday abroad.. the man asked if they were better and they said yes after being I'll with it for 5 weeks . Then man then said that he had it also from travelling abroad however unlike the couple this man is still ill with it ..... well why are you out and about 🤬
I think the official advice is after 7 days you can go out. You can defo go back to work.

Hopefully he's had it a good few weeks, and isn't being a selfish tool

I think the official advice is after 7 days you can go out. You can defo go back to work.

Hopefully he's had it a good few weeks, and isn't being a selfish tool
7 days??? In Canada, you can't until you test negative twice.

• Wow
I’m so annoyed with myself. My husband and I had so many discussions about whether to send our son to school on June 1st. We spoke to our son about it too and eventually all agreed he would go (my son is desperate to go back even though we were very frank with him with regards to what it will be like). We’re both secondary teachers so wanted him to go back whilst we’re still around to support him if there are any problems etc.
Anyway, turns out my email didn’t get to them until an hour and a half after the midday deadline so he can’t now go back. I feel so useless 😞
😲 We haven't even heard a word from our school. Surely you can ring and explain? If he's in the correct year group they can't deny him a place??

7 days for some people to go back to work. My work wouldn’t have me back until I’d SI at home for 14 days. Didn’t re-test me either though, just asked if I’ve had anymore symptoms and that was it. They take our temp every day when we start our shift.

So I've chickened out of going for a walk. Got a bit panicky about it so decided to leave it for now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My flights for July have just been cancelled, time to fight for a full refund with Ryan Air🙃😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's got more chance of finding the pot of gold at the end of the🌈than getting a refund from O'Leary☘
I’m stressed just thinking of the battle I have ahead🤯 Might palm it off to my boyfriend to deal with😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.