Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our children’s school seem not to happy with the idea at all, such a huge school with nurserys attached, ours seems to be trying to encourage people not to send children unless it’s absolutly needed i.e mental healths deteriorating , work, or your child’s under the care system.. they’re doing it very subtle though by informing parent no one will be fined and it’s our decision.. but I know my child been 4 she won’t be able to abide by the rules and sit still, the government says it’s the best place for some children to be due to abuse and neglect at home which is why they wanted to reopen ASAP then I seen a teacher write to the government saying she was an educator not a social worker and as rude or blunt as some may take it it’s also absolutely true In my opinion not sure how others feel?
Very true, tbh, they are teachers first and foremost, there to teach our children, they are not a babysitting service or social worker...obviously the nature of the job is that you want to protect your children in your school which is why they have been open for the key worker children and the most vulnerable.

Sending classes back to school in June increasing the risk of these children catching it and taking it home, to their key worker parents,

There is no right or wrong answer regarding schools, our head doesn’t seem to happy for Yr R and yr 1 to return.

Reactions: 7
Some good-ish news from Australia: Schools are going back gradually starting next month. We can now have up to five visitors in your home, and soon cafes and restaurants will be allowed to open for service and not just takeaway (with social distancing measures in place). They have made it clear that if you can stay home you still should, but the relaxation of restrictions has really occurred just as everyone was going stir crazy so will be good for morale I think? Both AFL (Australian football) and NRL (rugby league) are going to start playing modified seasons next month too. It’s still not normal, and I doubt things will be until a vaccine is available. But things feel slightly less unknown which has definitely helped my mental health.

For context, we’ve had according to the health dept 7048 cases and 98 deaths. In a population of 24 million approx (and though it’s a big country most of us are on the coast).

Reactions: 7
Very true, tbh, they are teachers first and foremost, there to teach our children, they are not a babysitting service or social worker...obviously the nature of the job is that you want to protect your children in your school which is why they have been open for the key worker children and the most vulnerable.

Sending classes back to school in June increasing the risk of these children catching it and taking it home, to their key worker parents,

There is no right or wrong answer regarding schools, our head doesn’t seem to happy for Yr R and yr 1 to return.
I think the teaching unions will call a strike tbh ,there's a lot of unrest there.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what the older kids will do come September regarding college etc .There's hundred's in our local college distancing would not be possible (unless courses will be done online) they don't seem to be discussing this at all and there are hundreds of 16+ yr olds due to leave school nxt month.

Reactions: 4
I think they’re easing it prematurely because they know either way a second wave will come and put a halt on the economy again but at least we can get the world moving for a few months..I don’t agree with it at all, it’s sad that money come before lives

Still waiting for a refund from my March flight. O'Leary can feck off.
I’m due to fly with them in September as part of a package put together by one of those random online travel agents. If it doesn’t go ahead then I can imagine it’ll be September 2021 I get my refund. He’s not handled this well which is a shame as I’ve used them frequently for holidays/weekend breaks and never encountered an issue.

luckily I have travel insurance through work and the Insurance Company have sent all staff a letter that said that as long as your break was booked before a certain date they'll honour c-19 claims.

I hope you get your money back soon x

Reactions: 2
I keep seeing people say this but unfortunately it isn't true, children who's parents aren't working or who have the resources to continue with tutoring over skype will continue to progress and the children of parents working out of the house or both working demanding jobs from home will be falling behind. If anything this time will increase the divide for children imo. Some parents have lots of time to dedicate to their child's education now, some have no time and some just have no desire and leave their kids to fend for themselves. All children are not in the same boat with their education.
Ok these are thoughts falling out my brain so would be inserted in where the pit falls lie.

I understand that but I feel like we are not getting anything new to learn really. It seems to be going over things they had already been learning so I feel since all children have been off school for however long it has been there should be a way to start from where they all left school. I'm guessing logistically this may be hard but surely in this unprecedented situation and to stop years and years of trying to catch everyone up and sort those who have fallen further behind it would make sense to restart the curriculum where it left off. Someone mentioned this could cause an issue at college/university level first years but perhaps at that stage in education the students could be able to cope with catching up alongside there new work ? Or be given time to catch up and then condense the rest of the year with extra study ?

Could they completly change the school terms so that the current school year ends in December instead of August ? What knock on issues would this have ? Again University and college ? Could a solution be found ? I am not sure but something this big may require a total shake up of the current format to ensure children are not left behind.

Reactions: 2
8 schools in France have had to close days after opening as 70 pupils have tested positive for the virus, a massive track and trace is underway..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.