Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Less than 10 children have died and children were in school right until lockdown. They are the group who are the least likely to catch it and if they do, symptoms are most likely to be mild. I honestly don’t believe the issue is with schools and that children are at risk. I am confident in my choice to send my Son back.
Except from the Kawasaki like disease that it’s been known to cause in children....

Kawasaki disease is awful, my brother had it as a toddler and suffers lifelong complications from it.

Everyone should make an informed decision about their own children and not worry about other people x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Off topic of schools but is anyone else having the most crazy and vivid dreams in lock down? I am in a happy committed relationship and am dreaming in detail about my ex bf about 3 times a week! Gahhhhhh!
My daughter keeps dreaming about her baby sister drownding. Its heart breaking 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Crazy! I read somewhere that it’s because our brains aren’t being stimulated at all (seeing the same places day in day out) so they’ve gone into overdrive at night time. Interesting if that’s the case!

Reactions: 9
I’ve woken up crying a couple of times, that’s never happened to me before this
My best friends had this. She’s had some awful dreams 😔

Everyone should make an informed decision about their own children and not worry about other people x
Exactly, it doesn’t matter what my neighbour does. It matters what we do as a family. I will make my decision based on my own family not what everyone else does. If you need or want to send your kids back then that’s up to you, if you can and want to keeps your kids at home do 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.
Wow. I have no words. My children are allowed an hour on a device a day, except my ten year old who is allowed to FaceTime her friends so they can do their school work together and help each other out.
My six year old is REALLY struggling at home and I am so scared about sending her back but for her to continue to learn in an effective way, I might have to. For BOTH of our mental healths.

Just...stop

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wow. I have no words. My children are allowed an hour on a device a day, except my ten year old who is allowed to FaceTime her friends so they can do their school work together and help each other out.
My six year old is REALLY struggling at home and I am so scared about sending her back but for her to continue to learn in an effective way, I might have to. For BOTH of our mental healths.

Just...stop
My Y1 is getting more fed up by the day. We try and keep her busy. Shes getting more jealous of her baby sisters she take up alot of time and attention. Shes been spending more and more time in her room every day 😔.

• Heart
  • Sad
My Y1 is getting more fed up by the day. We try and keep her busy. Shes getting more jealous of her baby sisters she take up alot of time and attention. Shes been spending more and more time in her room every day 😔.
Yes I totally get you, I have two toddlers too and that takes a lot of time as they get jealous then when I’m trying to do school work with the older two. It’s hard isn’t it 😢 x

Yes I totally get you, I have two toddlers too and that takes a lot of time as they get jealous then when I’m trying to do school work with the older two. It’s hard isn’t it 😢 x
My kids are the same. And you know what? If a bit of iPad takes their attention off what is going on in the real world, so be it.

Reactions: 10
Like someone said I feel a bit like currently the kids aren't falling behind as there is no one ahead of them as they are all in the same boat but if they start sending select year groups or kids back to school teaching the curriculum then yes some kids are going to be ahead of others.

I don't quite understand what the thoughts are on sending back 3 year groups. In terms of childcare I wonder how many families this actually helps ? Ie where they have children only in those three years. I imagine it has to be a small number ? A lot of people will either have other children to consider as well or 1 child but not in those years.
I keep seeing people say this but unfortunately it isn't true, children who's parents aren't working or who have the resources to continue with tutoring over skype will continue to progress and the children of parents working out of the house or both working demanding jobs from home will be falling behind. If anything this time will increase the divide for children imo. Some parents have lots of time to dedicate to their child's education now, some have no time and some just have no desire and leave their kids to fend for themselves. All children are not in the same boat with their education.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They both want my attention 24/7. All I seem to say is "give me a minute".
I do her work when her sister having a nap. Sometime shes only has 20 minutes so barely get anything done. I've started getting in the shower at 6am, baby still not sleeping all night. My days are soooo long. Just like I'm waiting for bed time at half 7.
I've spoke to a few of her friends mums on the street and they are sending their kids back. So she will see them walking past going to school whilst shes fed up and bored at home.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My Y1 is the same, she never ever used to sit in her room, now she just keeps saying she wants to be alone :(

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.