Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they are worried about disadvantaged kids why dont they just send those ones back to school first?

No. Schools won’t fine. Speaks volumes to me. If they truly believed it was safe to bring kids back they would actively encourage every parent.
Yes, if they truly believe it was safe (expect for those shielding) they would be fining parents.

If they also believe the education was paramount they would enforce sending kids back. They aren’t therefore it cannot be essential for kids to go back. They are doing so people can go back to work, that’s it.

If they are worried about disadvantaged kids why dont they just send those ones back to school first?
I thought they were already open for these kids, any kids on social services list can go in can’t they?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

The Coronavirus in detail table for new cases UK alternating between red and black and I think worse in Europe.

USA black. (>5k new cases)** The past data for new cases is a three day rolling average. Due to revisions in the number of cases, an average cannot be calculated for this date.
Screenshot_20200518-084519.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
This may come across as a bit of a brain fart and I know I’m not going to be able to articulate it well but I’ll give it a bash....

So if this virus kicked off from only one person but has managed to travel at the rate it has and infected millions of people in a few short months, how can any country lift lockdown until there are zero cases?

For example, there are some countries that have lifted lockdown because they have very low cases. But there are still cases? So surely the virus will still be rife as it only took one person to spread it in the first place?

Despite many people adhering to social distancing, it hasn’t been possible for many (or some have flouted), so again, if it only took the virus to infect one and then in turn infect millions, surely it will continue to be deadly until it’s completely eradicated?

Sorry I can’t put my thoughts into words very well.... my mind boggles. I’m very happy for things to be lifted slightly despite what I’m saying. Just confuses me that if it only took one person to be contagious for it to have the affect the way it did, how can it be ok to lift lockdown (for all countries, not just here). Does that make sense?! 🤣🤣

Reactions: 11
Yes, if they truly believe it was safe (expect for those shielding) they would be fining parents.

If they also believe the education was paramount they would enforce sending kids back. They aren’t therefore it cannot be essential kids go back. They are doing so people can go back to work, that’s it.

I thought they were already open for these kids, any kids on social services list can go in can’t they?
I meant more those without computers who cant do the school work.

Our school was doing paper packs for those who couldn't access the online resources and the Government were supposed to be supply laptops. Not sure if they actually did though.

Reactions: 1
For our school work you just need access to the internet,to find out what today’s tasks are they put everything on a class blog, there is no need for a computer, it can all be done by hand x

Reactions: 4
This may come across as a bit of a brain fart and I know I’m not going to be able to articulate it well but I’ll give it a bash....

So if this virus kicked off from only one person but has managed to travel at the rate it has and infected millions of people in a few short months, how can any country lift lockdown until there are zero cases?

For example, there are some countries that have lifted lockdown because they have very low cases. But there are still cases? So surely the virus will still be rife as it only took one person to spread it in the first place?

Despite many people adhering to social distancing, it hasn’t been possible for many (or some have flouted), so again, if it only took the virus to infect one and then in turn infect millions, surely it will continue to be deadly until it’s completely eradicated?

Sorry I can’t put my thoughts into words very well.... my mind boggles. I’m very happy for things to be lifted slightly despite what I’m saying. Just confuses me that if it only took one person to be contagious for it to have the affect the way it did, how can it be ok to lift lockdown (for all countries, not just here). Does that make sense?! 🤣🤣
Yes it will always be deadly until its eradicated, a bit like measles etc but as it mutates constantly the likelihood of this is very low. Thats why heard immunity was the inital way forward, the human immune system in those who do not have any underlying health conditions need to gain some antibodies for it, to reduce the spread to those who cannot do this. Which is exactly what happens with vaccines.

I honestly don't know the best way forward, unless the whole world is 100% clear there is always going to be a chance of it spreading.

Yes it will always be deadly until its eradicated, a bit like measles etc but as it mutates constantly the likelihood of this is very low. Thats why heard immunity was the inital way forward, the human immune system in those who do not have any underlying health conditions need to gain some antibodies for it, to reduce the spread to those who cannot do this. Which is exactly what happens with vaccines.

I honestly don't know the best way forward, unless the whole world is 100% clear there is always going to be a chance of it spreading.
Thank you! I was going to mention about herd immunity and if that’s why it’s ‘safer’ (if that’s the right word!) for us to relax restrictions despite it still being around. So mutations of the virus means that even if there is a few cases around, it’s not as deadly as the very first that has caused the pandemic?

I think it’s pretty clear I’m clueless when it comes to the science of it all 🤣

Reactions: 1
There may not be any fines this term.
Who knows what will happen in September
The government wants to be back to normal by July.
Confused on my area the news puts r rate high but number of cases in local crap rag still seems low.

These are my thoughts too. Everyone saying wait till Septemeber to send your kids back to school. Do they think Coronas packing their bag end of August? I highly doubt a vaccine will be ready by then. If so how safe would be it be? They need to get antibody tests sorted asap (easier said than done) so people know where they stand with it.

I know this is going to sound selfish but, we are taking it day by day but with my partner and I due back at work any time, I need to be sorting the kids out.

I could take some unpaid leave, let's say for a few months. Takes me to October. But I think their will be a second spike when it comes to flu season. Hospitals will be busy again. So do I send her back into a tit storm then? Or send her in June where god forbid something happens but the hospitals will be less busy?! Literally feel like I'm gambling with my daughters health.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
There may not be any fines this term.
Who knows what will happen in September
The government wants to be back to normal by July.
Confused on my area the news puts r rate high but number of cases in local crap rag still seems low.
I think if they introduce fines again, they will have a lot of parents deregister their kids (obviously not everyone has that choice but the ones that do and feel strongly about it will!)

I’m all for getting ‘back to normal’ but only when the numbers are way down!

My kids aren’t going back unless I feel it’s safe, as someone who is self employed and can work around the kids being home I can obviously do that x

Reactions: 4
Like someone said I feel a bit like currently the kids aren't falling behind as there is no one ahead of them as they are all in the same boat but if they start sending select year groups or kids back to school teaching the curriculum then yes some kids are going to be ahead of others.

I don't quite understand what the thoughts are on sending back 3 year groups. In terms of childcare I wonder how many families this actually helps ? Ie where they have children only in those three years. I imagine it has to be a small number ? A lot of people will either have other children to consider as well or 1 child but not in those years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Like someone said I feel a bit like currently the kids aren't falling behind as there is no one ahead of them as they are all in the same boat but if they start sending select year groups or kids back to school teaching the curriculum then yes some kids are going to be ahead of others.

I don't quite understand that the thoughts are on sending back 3 year groups. In terms of childcare I wonder who.mant families this actually helps ? Ie where they have children only in those three years I imagine it has to be s small number ? A lot of people will have other children to consider as well or 1 child but not in those years.
I agree with the sibling situation. Also if they are going back 2 days or only mornings/afternoons this isn't going to help with most people child care.

Thank you! I was going to mention about herd immunity and if that’s why it’s ‘safer’ (if that’s the right word!) for us to relax restrictions despite it still being around. So mutations of the virus means that even if there is a few cases around, it’s not as deadly as the very first that has caused the pandemic?

I think it’s pretty clear I’m clueless when it comes to the science of it all 🤣
So in theory as it mutates from human to human it becomes less deadly and humans are able to create antibodies to recover better but as this virus is so unknown this isn’t a given.

There is a really good analysis that I read earlier on about a man-made disease that was created to control rabbit population on an island somewhere. When the virus was released it killed nearly 50% of the population within two weeks and that was never the plan. But within another two weeks of the virus mutating within the rabbits it had controlled itself and was killing off 20% of the rabbits which was always the plan.

Reactions: 5
So in theory as it mutates from human to human it becomes less deadly and humans are able to create antibodies to recover better but as this virus is so unknown this isn’t a given.

There is a really good analysis that I read earlier on about a man-made disease that was created to control rabbit population on an island somewhere. When the virus was released it killed nearly 50% of the population within two weeks and that was never the plan. But within another two weeks of the virus mutating within the rabbits it had controlled itself and was killing off 20% of the rabbits which was always the plan.
All of this to kill some flipping rabbits?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh wait you’re talking about a different virus aren’t you? It’s too early for me to be on tattle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All of this to kill some flipping rabbits?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh wait you’re talking about a different virus aren’t you? It’s too early for me to be on tattle 😂
🤣 yes sorry completely different but I felt it was a good explanation. It was a man made virus to control rabbit population on an island and explained heard immunity (to me) well.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.