Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
If my parents had the room I would 100% move over for a while and have some help. I say do it, you would be there for longer than a short visit and it would do all of your mental healths some good.

I’m so excited for you if you do go ♥

People are definitely not going who need to be there, short story for you about this for everyone. Two weeks ago a family member of mine was walking dog and fell over and cut his head open, went home his wife cleaned it and put steristrips on and refused to go to the hospital, he took pain and went to bed. Next day he collapses, both of them too scared to go, over the next week he collapses SIX times, begins to get a bit ashen, being sick, fainting. They go to the hospital finally to find out that is ‘little’ cut is so deep they can see his skull and it’s infected, the infection spread to his stent in his heart and they couldn’t operate to heal it. The next day he was starting to look a bit better and then he just died. Heartbreaking for all of our family because they were too terrified of catching virus, they didn’t go and he died.

Thank you for your response. I'm so sorry for your loss - that's so sad. Sending you love x

We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.
I get what you’re saying but when I’m working from home and I’m in meeting after meeting, I have no choice but to give my nippers an iPad. Don’t get me wrong, when I am able to get off a call early, I give me kids my all and try my best but sometimes the only thing I can do is rely on electronics. Otherwise I’m faced with ‘mummy I need a poo’ mid call with senior management.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
🤣 yes sorry completely different but I felt it was a good explanation. It was a man made virus to control rabbit population on an island and explained heard immunity (to me) well.
It was a perfect explanation - I’m just stupid 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So judgemental 🤣 what about parents who need to go back to work and have no other alternative than to send them back to school? Or the alternative being an elderly relative looking after the child which would then put them at risk?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I see your point but let's not pretend it's easy for the parents or children in the meantime.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I see your point but let's not pretend it's easy for the parents or children in the meantime.
its not easy for my daughter at all. The risk of her getting poorly with this virus is so so small compared to mental health impact this whole thing is having on her. She hasnt seen or played with another child in 9 weeks its breaking my heart.

I feel like parents who are not sending their children back to school are trying their hardest for others to do the same to justify their own anxieties however irrational they may be. I dont see parents who are sending their children back to school calling other parents who arent paranoid this that and the other but certainly the other way around is the case

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Ooof, so much shade online so early on a Monday morning 🤣😂

There is a really good analysis that I read earlier on about a man-made disease that was created to control rabbit population on an island somewhere. When the virus was released it killed nearly 50% of the population within two weeks and that was never the plan. But within another two weeks of the virus mutating within the rabbits it had controlled itself and was killing off 20% of the rabbits which was always the plan.
a part of my brain thinks this was all planned to happen but they fucked it up and it went further than expected,

ok, that’s not completely true 🤦‍♀️
but, I think there’s something all governments know about that they’re not telling us.
And I don’t believe any of the numbers that are coming out of any country.

Reactions: 11
Ooof, so much shade online so early on a Monday morning 🤣😂

a part of my brain thinks this was all planned to happen but they fucked it up and it went further than expected,

ok, that’s not completely true 🤦‍♀️
but, I think there’s something all governments know about that they’re not telling us.
And I don’t believe any of the numbers that are coming out of any country.
My dad is adamant it was man made in China to effect the worlds economy. I half believe it and they never anticipated it would have the effect it has.

Less than 10 children have died and children were in school right until lockdown. They are the group who are the least likely to catch it and if they do, symptoms are most likely to be mild. I honestly don’t believe the issue is with schools and that children are at risk. I am confident in my choice to send my Son back.

Reactions: 6
Off topic of schools but is anyone else having the most crazy and vivid dreams in lock down? I am in a happy committed relationship and am dreaming in detail about my ex bf about 3 times a week! Gahhhhhh!

• Haha
Off topic of schools but is anyone else having the most crazy and vivid dreams in lock down? I am in a happy committed relationship and am dreaming in detail about my ex bf about 3 times a week! Gahhhhhh!
Yes! My dreams have been so vivid the last few weeks, I’m sure it’s something to do with our brains not having the same stimulation as normal

My dad is adamant it was man made in China to effect the worlds economy. I half believe it and they never anticipated it would have the effect it has.
i know I shouldn’t agree, but I agree 😐
Or something along those lines, I don’t know if they were developing it as a weapon and it leaked by accident 🤷‍♀️
I just don’t buy into bat and basil soup... or whatever that mess of an explanation was.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Less than 10 children have died and children were in school right until lockdown. They are the group who are the least likely to catch it and if they do, symptoms are most likely to be mild. I honestly don’t believe the issue is with schools and that children are at risk. I am confident in my choice to send my Son back.
Id also like to add I know their are children from vulnerable homes and I understand that those in this environment and others who feel anxious and that’s fine. We need to focus on how they can be supported. C-19 isn’t going anywhere for a long time 🙁

I dreamt that I murdered my stepdad, chopped him up and threw him in my bin. So that was a cute dream and not disturbing at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
My boyfriend had a dream he had five willies last night. If only. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.