Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm having few wobbles tonight.
Had crappy shift and came home watched sky news to catch up.
Update we may never find a vaccine that panics me.
In my head I keep telling myself we have works best scientists and loads money I am sure they will come up with something in next year.
Now sky news is saying 2.
The rows around schools is making me feel anxious.
Right now they not going back and not in right years.
But not sure how I feel in September either will I be a neurotic worried minority if I don't send them back in Sept..
2 years my eldest misses her gcses
My 2nd born misses year 6 and year 7
3rd child with SEN falls behind.
Youngest unaffected apart from missing huge chunk preschool but can defer reception.

Also another worry is government treating all England the same.
We not it seems the high numbers were London/ Midlands have gone down.
But South West and north has gone up.
Is this inevitable or should we have been given different instructions per area .
Based on my local area I expect massive spike within next few weeks
I always like reading your posts, a little summary of your thoughts and how your day has been. They’re always very similar to my ponderings x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm having few wobbles tonight.
Had crappy shift and came home watched sky news to catch up.
Update we may never find a vaccine that panics me.
In my head I keep telling myself we have works best scientists and loads money I am sure they will come up with something in next year.
Now sky news is saying 2.
The rows around schools is making me feel anxious.
Right now they not going back and not in right years.
But not sure how I feel in September either will I be a neurotic worried minority if I don't send them back in Sept..
2 years my eldest misses her gcses
My 2nd born misses year 6 and year 7
3rd child with SEN falls behind.
Youngest unaffected apart from missing huge chunk preschool but can defer reception.

Also another worry is government treating all England the same.
We not it seems the high numbers were London/ Midlands have gone down.
But South West and north has gone up.
Is this inevitable or should we have been given different instructions per area .
Based on my local area I expect massive spike within next few weeks
There's a lot of what it's in this and from that perspective I'd urge you to take a moment and not think about it for an while. I know it's hard but we don't have enough information at the moment to project what may or may not happen.
I prefer to plan too and I've found it hard all this not knowing.

Sorry, you just sound really stressed. Have a hug 🤗

Reactions: 2
We ended up in A&E tonight because my son threw himself of the couch right onto the fireplace. Baby’s first stitches.

A&E was eerily quiet. Usually it’s so busy. Either people usually go for things they don’t need to go for, or people aren’t going who need to be there. Only had so many chairs available to ensure social distancing and there wasn’t many staff walking around (more police than medical staff) but most of the ones I saw walking around didn’t have masks on. We were asked whether any of us had symptoms, though, despite the fact we weren’t there for anything related.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We ended up in A&E tonight because my son threw himself of the couch right onto the fireplace. Baby’s first stitches.

A&E was eerily quiet. Usually it’s so busy. Either people usually go for things they don’t need to go for, or people aren’t going who need to be there. Only had so many chairs available to ensure social distancing and there wasn’t many staff walking around (more police than medical staff) but most of the ones I saw walking around didn’t have masks on. We were asked whether any of us had symptoms, though, despite the fact we weren’t there for anything related.
Hope your little one is ok, what a shame ❤

Reactions: 5
For some reason I just assumed they'd be open. Under the selling fitness stuff maybe. I don't know. I have no logical reason for my assumption. Not had any reason to look into it other than the bike.
They are still open through Sainsbury’s stores
I went in the other day to collect some stuff

Advice on visiting family.

We have socially isolated since before official lockdown, we both work from home and have followed all lockdown rules (ie. Walks in the park and the odd trip to the supermarket). I had a test last week and it was negative.

We are exhausted and my parents who live several hours away suggested we come to stay so they could help with childcare. One of our kids in particular is not coping well with lockdown and we think it might do good to see other people without the confusion of keeping 2m apart.

My parents are in their 60s, reasonably fit and active with no known health problems. Dad is a smoker though. They are retired and also following all lockdown rules.

Our worry is that now lockdown is easing as people return to work, the infection rates in our city will rise again esp as people take public transport. Then we'll have a 2nd lockdown. And without a vaccine this could continue indefinitely.

So, is this a less risky time to increase our lockdown bubble?

I'm massively conflicted and know the pros and cons. But I'd love other people's perspectives.

Editing to add: our children aren't yet school age, so we don't have to worry about that yet.
If my parents had the room I would 100% move over for a while and have some help. I say do it, you would be there for longer than a short visit and it would do all of your mental healths some good.

I’m so excited for you if you do go ♥

People are definitely not going who need to be there, short story for you about this for everyone. Two weeks ago a family member of mine was walking dog and fell over and cut his head open, went home his wife cleaned it and put steristrips on and refused to go to the hospital, he took pain and went to bed. Next day he collapses, both of them too scared to go, over the next week he collapses SIX times, begins to get a bit ashen, being sick, fainting. They go to the hospital finally to find out that is ‘little’ cut is so deep they can see his skull and it’s infected, the infection spread to his stent in his heart and they couldn’t operate to heal it. The next day he was starting to look a bit better and then he just died. Heartbreaking for all of our family because they were too terrified of catching virus, they didn’t go and he died.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
If my parents had the room I would 100% move over for a while and have some help. I say do it, you would be there for longer than a short visit and it would do all of your mental healths some good.

People are definitely not going who need to be there, short story for you about this for everyone. Two weeks ago a family member of mine was walking dog and fell over and cut his head open, went home his wife cleaned it and put steristrips on and refused to go to the hospital, he took pain and went to bed. Next day he collapses, both of them too scared to go, over the next week he collapses SIX times, begins to get a bit ashen, being sick, fainting. They go to the hospital finally to find out that is ‘little’ cut is so deep they can see his skull and it’s infected, the infection spread to his stent in his heart and they couldn’t operate to heal it. The next day he was starting to look a bit better and then he just died. Heartbreaking for all of our family because they were too terrified of catching virus, they didn’t go and he died.
that’s so sad. Makes me angry that such fear is being put into people and its all media’s fault! And the governments of course although they have now changed their tune entirely and dont sound concerned at all in daily briefings 🤯

That’s awful @Hayles1990. Sorry for your loss.

A lot of medical staff have stressed people aren’t going to doctors or hospitals if they need it and people will die because of not seeking treatment.

One thing said a few post back, London’s rate has rapidly reduced. I think this is purely because of the amount of people working from home. The numbers of people who travel into London daily normally is staggering.
They come from all over and could have easily been brining it it. Now that’s reduced the R value has but as more and more people are encouraged back to work it will increase, a train is a hot bed for infection at the best of times. I don’t see myself returning until September.

Reactions: 5

Wow that's heartbreaking 💔 so sorry for your family.

A few people I know have had to go to a&e since lockdown. They have all swithered but luckily they thought about it and decided they still needed to go. They have all said how quiet it was and that they were seen quickly.

The couple of times I have had to take my kids to a&e over the years (nothing too major) I have always debated if it was needed as I didn't want to waste time so I can see how people would be even more so now but it's sad to think people are not getting help who need it.

There's a lot of what it's in this and from that perspective I'd urge you to take a moment and not think about it for an while. I know it's hard but we don't have enough information at the moment to project what may or may not happen.
I prefer to plan too and I've found it hard all this not knowing.

Sorry, you just sound really stressed. Have a hug 🤗

Thank you it's good to know others feel the same way.
In the day I try keep busy and distracted from negative thoughts.
I try and stay postive for the kids.
It's always at night it's just me made worse by hushand returning to work today.

Every now and then government say scary things quite bluntly
Your loved ones night die. Schools are shut indefinatly. We may never find a vaccine.
It's safe to go back schools are never entirely risk free.
The newsletter from the head spelling out she cannot guarantee staff or children's safety.
I know the media doesn't help in scaring us.
I keep saying to the kids of will all be fine I'm lying all the time I don't know.
It's postive the r rate is coming down
However it's shooting up in some areas I don't blame Liverpool council.

A mp who's also a scientist did a video on Facebook to reassure parents about schools more propaganda.
The truth is it's a brand new virus.
They still don't know the source even.
It keeps mutating so making a decision on the limited evidence they have doesn't reassure me.
The media told us they were super spreaders they just have posed some risk as why tit schools in the 1st place.
They say we can't compare to other countries unless it suits them.
It's not even political thing now I'm just cheeseed off with how they managing it and how most people are reacting.
I see what I see which I know is beyond my control loads visitors to the street like grandparents. Parties bbq picnics with no socially distancing.
I see very busy roads and shops and I just think we'll that's the r rate up.
But then like we discussed here now the r rate is pushed aside and in not sure if we would go back into lockdown as they taking a different path.
Except we still not sure if you can get it twice and build up heard immunity.
I'm a definate planner and prepper. I am trying meal plan, cook and do stuff around house to keep busy.
When your kids see no other adults ie teachers grandparents suddenly parents become their everything and the enormity of that seems immense. Ie keeping them postive, learning and happy.
I know I'm fortunate they have each other they not only children.

Reactions: 7
food for thought ❤

If they cancel the rest of the school year, students would miss approx 13 weeks of education. Many people are concerned about students falling behind because of this. Yes, they may fall behind when it comes to classroom education...but fall behind who ?

BUT WHAT IF ....

What if instead of falling “behind", this group of kids are ADVANCED because of this? Hear me out.

What if they have more empathy, they enjoy family connection, they can be more creative and entertain themselves, they love to read, they love to express themselves in writing.

What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own garden and sitting near a window in the quiet.

What if they notice the birds and the dates the different flowers emerge, and the calming renewal of a gentle rain shower?

What if this generation are the ones to learn to cook, organize their space, do their laundry, and keep a well run home?

What is they learn to ride a bike, play a board game, do simple crafts, learn to bake, climb a tree, play without a screen?

What if they learn to Understand the value of money, what’s important and to live with less?

What if they learn to plan shopping trips and meals at home.

What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding the good to share in the small delights of the everyday?

What if they learn to just be, to be more resilient, to be content ?

What if they are the ones to place great value on our teachers and educational professionals, librarians, public servants and the previously invisible essential support workers like truck drivers, grocers, logistics, and health care workers and their supporting staff, just to name a few of the millions taking care of us right now while we are sheltered in place?

What if among these children, a great leader emerges who had the benefit of a slower pace and a simpler life to truly learn what really matters in this life?

What if they are AHEAD? 🙏🏼🏡♥🏫

• Heart
Reactions: 23
food for thought ❤

If they cancel the rest of the school year, students would miss approx 13 weeks of education. Many people are concerned about students falling behind because of this. Yes, they may fall behind when it comes to classroom education...but fall behind who ?

BUT WHAT IF ....

What if instead of falling “behind", this group of kids are ADVANCED because of this? Hear me out.

What if they have more empathy, they enjoy family connection, they can be more creative and entertain themselves, they love to read, they love to express themselves in writing.

What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own garden and sitting near a window in the quiet.

What if they notice the birds and the dates the different flowers emerge, and the calming renewal of a gentle rain shower?

What if this generation are the ones to learn to cook, organize their space, do their laundry, and keep a well run home?

What is they learn to ride a bike, play a board game, do simple crafts, learn to bake, climb a tree, play without a screen?

What if they learn to Understand the value of money, what’s important and to live with less?

What if they learn to plan shopping trips and meals at home.

What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding the good to share in the small delights of the everyday?

What if they learn to just be, to be more resilient, to be content ?

What if they are the ones to place great value on our teachers and educational professionals, librarians, public servants and the previously invisible essential support workers like truck drivers, grocers, logistics, and health care workers and their supporting staff, just to name a few of the millions taking care of us right now while we are sheltered in place?

What if among these children, a great leader emerges who had the benefit of a slower pace and a simpler life to truly learn what really matters in this life?

What if they are AHEAD? 🙏🏼🏡♥🏫
13 weeks is around 65 days and I am sure our school had couple of Inset days.
When they return they just part time and not learning the curriculum.
It all seems irrelevant if they fall I'll and react badly, die , have lasting helath conditions of grieving a teacher or loved one.

Reactions: 3
Kids in most other countries don’t start school until they are 7. Here we start at 4. I am not concerned about my kids being behind as I see a lot of what they learn to be box ticking, where are the life skills etc. This is what they’ve gained at home and to me that’s invaluable.

I know it’s not the same for all kids but I’m sure with some planning some of the less relevant curriculum can be left out to ensure they all meet what is needed when they do go back.

Reactions: 9
13 weeks is around 65 days and I am sure our school had couple of Inset days.
When they return they just part time and not learning the curriculum.
It all seems irrelevant if they fall I'll and react badly, die , have lasting helath conditions of grieving a teacher or loved one.
dont think theyre allowed to be part time anymore, new guidance says rotas for children cant be used and the years stated reception yr1 and yr6 need to return on a full time basis.

my daughter will be going back she is 5 and is missing her friends and school very much so. I need to go back to work as well. i just saw that post on fb and thought it was lovely, in case they are unable to go back it puts it into perspective as i was so worried about her missing out on education but that post made me realise a lot of that happens at home too.
Ive spoken to my daughters head teacher and they will be following the curriculum just not to the extend of assessing students on the progress but they will be getting taught as usual as much as possible.

Reactions: 1
dont think theyre allowed to be part time anymore, new guidance says rotas for children cant be used and the years stated reception yr1 and yr6 need to return on a full time basis.

my daughter will be going back she is 5 and is missing her friends and school very much so. I need to go back to work as well. i just saw that post on fb and thought it was lovely, in case they are unable to go back it puts it into perspective as i was so worried about her missing out on education but that post made me realise a lot of that happens at home too.
Ive spoken to my daughters head teacher and they will be following the curriculum just not to the extend of assessing students on the progress but they will be getting taught as usual as much as possible.
I don't see how schools manage with big intake and limited classrooms full time if every class is no more than 15.
Seems different depending on area.
Our school is local authority run so been told to teach emergency council curriculum.
Many schools are academies so can do what ever they want teaching wise.

Reactions: 3
If schools do open will it be a fine for not sending them? I have year 6 and nursery children but will 100% not be sending them in.

If schools do open will it be a fine for not sending them? I have year 6 and nursery children but will 100% not be sending them in.
No. Schools won’t fine. Speaks volumes to me. If they truly believed it was safe to bring kids back they would actively encourage every parent.

Reactions: 11
A lot of schools are academies now aren't they? So can they do what they want? So confusing for everyone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.