Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't realise they were fully shut. I presumed they were doing socially distanced collections. This may explain why the bike I wanted to buy my son was out of stock for all click and collect (as well as unavailable for home delivery). We bought one from somewhere else but now I'm not sure how I feel about my purchase 😂.
I just assumed there had been a run on bikes 🤦‍♀️
Oh well, at least they are putting it together for us before we collect it.
The ones inside Sainsburys are still open but then our stand alone Argos had closed down anyway

Reactions: 1
I didn't realise they were fully shut. I presumed they were doing socially distanced collections. This may explain why the bike I wanted to buy my son was out of stock for all click and collect (as well as unavailable for home delivery). We bought one from somewhere else but now I'm not sure how I feel about my purchase 😂.
I just assumed there had been a run on bikes 🤦‍♀️
Oh well, at least they are putting it together for us before we collect it.
not to sound like Argos spokesperson but we literally have completely run out of bikes :ROFLMAO:

everyone and their mother have been buying them

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this sounds super ignorant - my kids aren't school age yet. Why would they need to when they don't normally open over school holidays? Won't people just have to use their annual leave or their usual arrangements? Like if corona wasn't here they'd still need someone to look after their kids over the summer. Or do you mean like they do summer school club that parents pay for? (I had this at my school and it was run by dinner ladies but this was in about 2001 so no idea if still a thing!)
that being said I wonder if they may open holiday clubs over the summer (this is me speculating on absolutely zero information). But it sounds like the government are talking about using the holidays for actual teaching.

Lots of parents use grandparents for childcare which you aren’t meant to do at the moment.

Can we place bets on how long before the unions call us to strike 🤔 I reckon before June 1st 😂

We don't have any within our Sainsburys we have separate stores..
Our Argos has closed but we can click and collect in Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s local. Much to the annoyance of the cashiers apparently when I did it at the start of this 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Dreading xmas shopping queues are bad enough as it is and people will be bulk buying whatever people need. Ie my other half said people are bulk buying garden furniture just to sell on at a stupid prices.

I think there is a high possibility the summer holiday clubs will happen at schools if social distancing is still in place then as a lot of key workers will be denied annual leave that was already arrange like they have been for the past 2 months and also wont be able to rely on elderly grandparents for childcare so i think it might be a possibility for key worker children.

My first memory of the Argos catalogue was the late 80’s when you had to bring it back from England like a bleeping gift 🤣
I follow someone on Instagram from Ireland and she has a young daughter. Every year they make a big thing about the Late Toy Show is it? They stay up to watch it and have lots of sweet treats.

That sounds more fun than circling toys in the Argos book!

• Haha
I live in a very backward small minded town. Every other weekend I allow my kids dad (we have 4 kids) come and stay in my house so he can see his children... one of my neighbours has let my tyres down twice now because of it and left nasty notes. Is this really what’s become of people? No common sense and letting down tyres of a single mum with 4 kids trying my best for everyone
I just feel so done with ignorance

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I follow someone on Instagram from Ireland and she has a young daughter. Every year they make a big thing about the Late Toy Show is it? They stay up to watch it and have lots of sweet treats.

That sounds more fun than circling toys in the Argos book!
confirmed.

D56C919F-E50F-4C62-A6A7-69A95065AEE7.jpeg

I'm having few wobbles tonight.
Had crappy shift and came home watched sky news to catch up.
Update we may never find a vaccine that panics me.
In my head I keep telling myself we have works best scientists and loads money I am sure they will come up with something in next year.
Now sky news is saying 2.
The rows around schools is making me feel anxious.
Right now they not going back and not in right years.
But not sure how I feel in September either will I be a neurotic worried minority if I don't send them back in Sept..
2 years my eldest misses her gcses
My 2nd born misses year 6 and year 7
3rd child with SEN falls behind.
Youngest unaffected apart from missing huge chunk preschool but can defer reception.

Also another worry is government treating all England the same.
We not it seems the high numbers were London/ Midlands have gone down.
But South West and north has gone up.
Is this inevitable or should we have been given different instructions per area .
Based on my local area I expect massive spike within next few weeks

• Sad
Reactions: 7
This is exactly how I approach it also.
us as well. the indian we have used is also providing meals to NHS staff at local hospital so i feel happy they are taking precautions, the only one i wouldn't use at the moment is the local bbq grill kebab/pizza/fried chicken as im not 100% sure they are being that good with disatancing , reducing customers numbers in shop

Reactions: 2
I live in a very backward small minded town. Every other weekend I allow my kids dad (we have 4 kids) come and stay in my house so he can see his children... one of my neighbours has let my tyres down twice now because of it and left nasty notes. Is this really what’s become of people? No common sense and letting down tyres of a single mum with 4 kids trying my best for everyone
Wtf that's awful. I must admit when my son goes to his dad's I feel paranoid the neighbours are watching 🙈

that being said I wonder if they may open holiday clubs over the summer (this is me speculating on absolutely zero information). But it sounds like the government are talking about using the holidays for actual teaching.

Lots of parents use grandparents for childcare which you aren’t meant to do at the moment.

Can we place bets on how long before the unions call us to strike 🤔 I reckon before June 1st 😂

Our Argos has closed but we can click and collect in Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s local. Much to the annoyance of the cashiers apparently when I did it at the start of this 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Jeez you pesky teachers can do nothing right 😂

• Haha
thats disgusting. It’s not even against lockdown cause kids were allowed to go between parents anyway. So sorry that happened to you! Could call crime stoppers or report it? They won’t do much but at least if it happens again they’ll have a record

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.