Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d imagine takeaway places will have protective measures in place anyway, even more so now because of the virus. I don’t disinfect my shopping, never have, and we eat our takeaway food on our own plates. We wash our hands before and after.
This is exactly how I approach it also.

Reactions: 11
Wonder when the Welsh schools are to open,all the chaos with the English is bound to have a knock on effect on the other regions..
(Welsh person here) my mum works in a school and from what I can gather there’s no plans to reopen them in June. My mum has been working in a centre for kids who have key worker parents and it’s open until 6 for them and on the weekends. It’s a different teacher/TA but social distancing is in place.I think they’re going to keep on with that until it’s safe to open schools again...
there’s been no talk of schools opening on June 1st here unless I’ve missed it

Reactions: 3
Thank you, I think I spoke to you yesterday. You have four children too?

Our issue is my partner has been working since the start and it’s very hard to get away from a toddler or 6 year old when you are feeling like you need a ten minute break, that’s not possible. I am really really trying to take each day as it comes but it’s getting increasingly harder and unfortunately some people do not understand and think that mental just disappears during this time.....it doesn’t it’s very raw for some and it’s very very real.
I know your husband is working but would it be possible for him to take them out on a walk by himself on a day he is off maybe even when the toddler is napping ?

My husband did this last week and the relief I felt to have the house to myself was amazing. I did some tidying and sorting that had been building up and making me feel more agitated or just watch crap TV or sit in the garden with tea and cake.

This IS hard xx

View attachment 132114
Just seen this on Facebook, a school who 'aren't doing books', not sure wether i believe that or not. Surely you cant not 'do books' in an educational setting?
I don't see how you can do books if everything has to be disinfected. They may do reading from the smart board or on iPads ? Those can be wiped down I guess.

I don't imagine they will be sending any books or jotter etc home.

Reactions: 4
Right and it’s easy to say that and easy for that to be the plan but very very very hard to swallow when you are already struggling with the isolation. It’s not as easy to just not see people, 9 weeks without my lifeline which is my mum and Nan. I am starting to think duck it. I need them for my mental health. The doctor seems to be uninterested when I tell him I feel suicidal, so wtf am I supposed to do?
Can you request to speak to a different doctor? I had this problem to begin with (I've had mental health problems for years), the doctor had no empathy at all back then. I got a different doctor and she has been amazing. I hope you can get the help you need 😞 Trying to cope when you suffer from mental health issues isn't an easy battle.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We drove to my mums earlier to pick something up and my 7 year old got out of the car and it was very hard to get him to socially distance! He’s well aware of how people should be, stays to one side when we’re out walking etc. but I just don’t think he understands with family because “we know them so it’s different”. He ended up hugging my sister’s legs (she lives with my mum) and my mum gave him a kiss on the head and now I feel really guilty! 😩💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think I will continue to socially distance myself from my mum and Nan for another few weeks or so and my best friend who is at home anyway and furloughed, only going to the supermarket is going to wait until Tuesday when she would have been home 7 days and come and stay with us for the time being, just to take the edge off and give me some help.
Just seen this message that sounds a very good plan. It will be nice to have another adult to chat with as well as share the load.

I've been to see my mam and sister this week. I went through the side gate didn't go in the house and spent an hour in the garden. Its done absolute wonders for me and my 6yr old who is used to spending weekends with them

I have no regrets. We abided by social distancing rules yet still got to spend some time together 🤗🤗

My mam has very limited mobility so couldn't and wouldn't get to a park or public place

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've been to see my mam and sister this week. I went through the side gate didn't go in the house and spent an hour in the garden. Its done absolute wonders for me and my 6yr old who is used to spending weekends with them

I have no regrets. We abided by social distancing rules yet still got to spend some time together 🤗🤗

My mam has very limited mobility so couldn't and wouldn't get to a park or public place
We sat in our in laws garden yesterday, had a glass of wine 2m apart, kids ate some sweets and trampled the flowers and grandad told them off. It was as if nothing had changed 🤣🤣💓

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyone else feeling jealous of all those that are seeing family? My Facebook has been full of friends meeting up with their parents and I want to be happy for them but I just feel sad. 9 weeks since I've seen my parents and still 7 weeks until the end of June and the current shielding period. Praying it doesn't get extended as it's killing me.
Me too. My boyfriend and I live in Wales, ae moved here in January from England and most of my friends and family are living there. I've mostly coped well, still working from home so that has kept me busy but I am struggling with not seeing my mum, can't wait to be able to see her!

We’re not doing any of that. We just received it normally and washed our hands. I’m also not doing anything different with my shopping either.

If I did I think I’d rather go without 🤣
Glad it's not just me :ROFLMAO:

This thread moves so fast! My youngest daughter is in year 3 so don’t need to make the decision just yet but when I do I am completely torn. Part of me feels what’s the point? The risks far outweigh the positives for me, ie, they’ll only be there for 4/5 weeks max before summer holidays. Then there is the fact that in all honesty this could go on for the next year (dipping in and out of peaks/ new waves) so I can’t protect her and keep her home for two whole years! So she may aswell go now. She’s happy being at home, loves it! Says she never wants it to end 🤣

Another thing I’m confused about is takeaways! Please don’t take this as criticism as it’s definitely not. I’m just genuinely not sure I understand the logic. People don’t want to be near others and touch each other etc but you feel safe eating/touching food and packaging that others have JUST had their hands all over? With our weekly shop we leave it in the bags for a few days but the stuff that needs to go in the fridge gets cleaned. Just saw a dominoes AD on Tv of people making the food with no gloves on. I just feel it’s an unnecessary risk. Why can’t we touch our relatives but it’s ok to touch a tuppawear take away container and eat food a stranger has made five mins previously? I’m confused 🤣 again I’m not criticising! I would bloody love a takeaway. Seen people say haveinv a takeaway but don’t worry we practiced social distancing, but then had their hands all over packaging and food that someone else just had in their hands. How do people work around that on here that have had a takeaway?
We usually have far too many takeaways probably 3 a week at least. Kids were desperate for a KFC so we got one last week as it was next door to the supermarket we had been to. I was initially excited but then from the drive thru window I could see their fingers holding the boxes and sort of inside them as they were scooping in the pop corn chicken 🤮🤮put me right off. We transferred it straight to our own serving dishes so we could throw the packing away straight away. Not sure how the kids felt about it but they didn't finish it all which is unusual. It felt a lot of effort and stress for me so we won't be getting anything else again for a long time .

We usually have far too many takeaways probably 3 a week at least. Kids were desperate for a KFC so we got one last week as it was next door to the supermarket we had been to. I was initially excited but then from the drive thru window I could see their fingers holding the boxes and sort of inside them as they were scooping in the pop corn chicken 🤮🤮put me right off. We transferred it straight to our own serving dishes so we could throw the packing away straight away. Not sure how the kids felt about it but they didn't finish it all which is unusual. It felt a lot of effort and stress for me so we won't be getting anything else again for a long time .
Yes that was the issue for me. Eating things that someone has just had their hands all over irrespective of whether it’s been cooked thoroughly or not. Far worse than giving my mum a cuddle as it’s going directly into my mouth after they’ve just been touching it 🤣 so will avoid for now but each to their own and what works for everyone! I can’t be arsed with cooking food again and all that kind of stuff so will just wait. xx

Shes a child acting out to get attention constantly. Like a child it's best to ignore the negative behaviour.
People say she’s a great troll but how sad is your life if it revolves around saying ignorant and shocking things to get negative attention

Reactions: 9
Anyone else feeling jealous of all those that are seeing family? My Facebook has been full of friends meeting up with their parents and I want to be happy for them but I just feel sad. 9 weeks since I've seen my parents and still 7 weeks until the end of June and the current shielding period. Praying it doesn't get extended as it's killing me.
Did you not get a letter end of April, stating to shield for 12 weeks from receipt of that letter? If so, then unfortunately shielding has effectively been extended for you. I got one 😔 (can take a pic if you want to read it)

I'd love to think shielding won't get extended, but I honestly think it will. I think we will be shielding all summer 😔 I'm WFH & my work haven't planned for me to return to the office this year at all 😭

• Sad
Did you not get a letter end of April, stating to shield for 12 weeks from receipt of that letter? If so, then unfortunately shielding has effectively been extended for you. I got one 😔 (can take a pic if you want to read it)

I'd love to think shielding won't get extended, but I honestly think it will. I think we will be shielding all summer 😔 I'm WFH & my work haven't planned for me to return to the office this year at all 😭
I recieved my letter on the 26th March but had been shielding 2 weeks prior to that on advice of my oncologist. My 12 week period took me to 18th June but then recieved another letter stating to shield until the end of June

Reactions: 2
my grandma's care home remains covid-19 free 🎉

The staff is all being tested though, so hopefully it stays that way when the results are returned.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes that was the issue for me. Eating things that someone has just had their hands all over irrespective of whether it’s been cooked thoroughly or not. Far worse than giving my mum a cuddle as it’s going directly into my mouth after they’ve just been touching it 🤣 so will avoid for now but each to their own and what works for everyone! I can’t be arsed with cooking food again and all that kind of stuff so will just wait. xx
[/QUOTE)

All I could think of was somebody coughing during making it , and the weather was pretty hot last week so must get sweaty working in a kitchen 🤮

I am also in the category of people who are obsessively washing groceries and I remove as much outer packaging as I can . I can't help it . Even doing the shopping myself I can't help but touch items and put them back. I want to check dates so I can go out as infrequently as possible . So I am assuming many other people may have possibly touched all the groceries 🙄 it is making me feel a bit crazy but the thought of just coming home and putting it all away straight away feels crazier

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.