Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread moves so fast! My youngest daughter is in year 3 so don’t need to make the decision just yet but when I do I am completely torn. Part of me feels what’s the point? The risks far outweigh the positives for me, ie, they’ll only be there for 4/5 weeks max before summer holidays. Then there is the fact that in all honesty this could go on for the next year (dipping in and out of peaks/ new waves) so I can’t protect her and keep her home for two whole years! So she may aswell go now. She’s happy being at home, loves it! Says she never wants it to end 🤣

Another thing I’m confused about is takeaways! Please don’t take this as criticism as it’s definitely not. I’m just genuinely not sure I understand the logic. People don’t want to be near others and touch each other etc but you feel safe eating/touching food and packaging that others have JUST had their hands all over? With our weekly shop we leave it in the bags for a few days but the stuff that needs to go in the fridge gets cleaned. Just saw a dominoes AD on Tv of people making the food with no gloves on. I just feel it’s an unnecessary risk. Why can’t we touch our relatives but it’s ok to touch a tuppawear take away container and eat food a stranger has made five mins previously? I’m confused 🤣 again I’m not criticising! I would bloody love a takeaway. Seen people say haveinv a takeaway but don’t worry we practiced social distancing, but then had their hands all over packaging and food that someone else just had in their hands. How do people work around that on here that have had a takeaway?
When we get takeout, my husband goes and picks it up. I turn the oven onto 350. He comes home, I take the food (pizza for example) out of the packaging and put it onto an oven tray then throw it in the oven for 15 mins and was my hands. He holds the dip packaging and I spoon it into a bowl. My husband puts the packaging into the outside bin straight away and then changes his clothes, disinfects the door handles and washes his hands. The heat from the oven would kill any germs that got onto it after cooking.

We are the same when it comes to groceries. We disinfect things before taking them in and products we can remove from packaging (pasta etc) we do.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
20200517_115456.jpg

Just seen this on Facebook, a school who 'aren't doing books', not sure wether i believe that or not. Surely you cant not 'do books' in an educational setting?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Right and it’s easy to say that and easy for that to be the plan but very very very hard to swallow when you are already struggling with the isolation. It’s not as easy to just not see people, 9 weeks without my lifeline which is my mum and Nan. I am starting to think duck it. I need them for my mental health. The doctor seems to be uninterested when I tell him I feel suicidal, so wtf am I supposed to do?
Go see your mum ! always look after your mental health,if she can give you what you need do it x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am not in the UK but what is the point of the schools opening for a few weeks when they don't even have the virus under control? Here in Canada they're note opeing tentatively until September and that may not even happen. They are concerned about the inflammatory condition caused in children.

Reactions: 16
Right and it’s easy to say that and easy for that to be the plan but very very very hard to swallow when you are already struggling with the isolation. It’s not as easy to just not see people, 9 weeks without my lifeline which is my mum and Nan. I am starting to think duck it. I need them for my mental health. The doctor seems to be uninterested when I tell him I feel suicidal, so wtf am I supposed to do?
Please go and see them, go through the garden and stay outside at 2 metres apart. I did this a few days ago and it really helped my mental health to be able to chat with my Mum in person.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you, I think I spoke to you yesterday. You have four children too?

Our issue is my partner has been working since the start and it’s very hard to get away from a toddler or 6 year old when you are feeling like you need a ten minute break, that’s not possible. I am really really trying to take each day as it comes but it’s getting increasingly harder and unfortunately some people do not understand and think that mental just disappears during this time.....it doesn’t it’s very raw for some and it’s very very real.
Yes 4 kids and dog and overgrown man child.
I'm lucky my teenager helps.
Netflix been a life saver and they all have kindles
I choose my battles.
Some days we do loads work other days we do none.
We try go on regular walks.
Can you carve some quiet time in evenings bath wine and face mask.
I phoned my best mate in London.
Prefer phone than video call.
Be kind in yourself. It's ok not to be ok.
My mental helath pre lock down has been up and down it's really hard for me bot to revert back to negative destructive behaviours.
But I feel like in captain of a ship and now is not the time to crumble they depend on me to make tit meals they don't like.
Nag them to do work or tidy their rooms

Ask me how I feel in few months who knows.
I have worried and anxiety that I dwell on in the evening when they all in bed.
Me and husband avoid any deep and meaningful conversations about our worries .

I have good days and bad days now.
I do feel stressed but I'm trying so hard not to overwhelm myself with worried or show it to the kids

In my head in saying we have to manage to sept beyond that who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
View attachment 132114
Just seen this on Facebook, a school who 'aren't doing books', not sure wether i believe that or not. Surely you cant not 'do books' in an educational setting?
Not sure about the book thing, but they were interviewing teachers on a programme a couple of night ago and they were saying desks,pencils,paintbrushes etc all have to be disinfected after each use they were wondering how it would be possible while teaching as only 1 teacher and 1 TA are allowed in the classroom .They said canteen would take up the whole school day as limited space meant only 7 pupils at a time could enter in this particular school going by the distancing guidelines..

Our school have said nothing from home to come into school and nothing from school to go home ie pencil cases, books, bags

I personally don't get why they are going to bother attempting to social distant in schools. I think some places just cant do it and schools is one of them. Hospitals care homes etc obviously cant social distance so why not just not bother at school..

Reactions: 13
View attachment 132114
My son's school were doing this for a week or two before they closed. The teacher read to them instead and they were doing extra outdoor learning/activities. Homework had to stay at home and not be brought back into school, sometimes it had scanned pages from books.

Reactions: 2
When we get takeout, my husband goes and picks it up. I turn the oven onto 350. He comes home, I take the food (pizza for example) out of the packaging and put it onto an oven tray then throw it in the oven for 15 mins and was my hands. He holds the dip packaging and I spoon it into a bowl. My husband puts the packaging into the outside bin straight away and then changes his clothes, disinfects the door handles and washes his hands. The heat from the oven would kill any germs that got onto it after cooking.

We are the same when it comes to groceries. We disinfect things before taking them in and products we can remove from packaging (pasta etc) we do.
Bloody hell I couldn’t be arsed with all that faff as much as I’m dying for a dominos 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Go see your mum ! always look after your mental health,if she can give you what you need do it x
I think I will continue to socially distance myself from my mum and Nan for another few weeks or so and my best friend who is at home anyway and furloughed, only going to the supermarket is going to wait until Tuesday when she would have been home 7 days and come and stay with us for the time being, just to take the edge off and give me some help.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have eaten takeaways once a week during lock down. It doesn't worry me at all just wash my hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’d imagine takeaway places will have protective measures in place anyway, even more so now because of the virus. I don’t disinfect my shopping, never have, and we eat our takeaway food on our own plates. We wash our hands before and after.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Anyone else feeling jealous of all those that are seeing family? My Facebook has been full of friends meeting up with their parents and I want to be happy for them but I just feel sad. 9 weeks since I've seen my parents and still 7 weeks until the end of June and the current shielding period. Praying it doesn't get extended as it's killing me.

• Sad
I think I will continue to socially distance myself from my mum and Nan for another few weeks or so and my best friend who is at home anyway and furloughed, only going to the supermarket is going to wait until Tuesday when she would have been home 7 days and come and stay with us for the time being, just to take the edge off and give me some help.
Yes take any help you can, don't suffer in silence reach out to people x .Maybe try your GP again you might have more luck nxt time you ring.

Reactions: 2
I am so sorry you are feeling so awful please keeping asking for help it's terrible your GP isn't supporting you . There are some helplines here please call one and speak to people who do want to support you x https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/

And if you need to see your mum go see your mum either do it socially distant or go and cuddle her if that's what you need. Please do not let this situation overwhelm you xx I did not want to make you feel worse x

And I wasn't meaning it isn't an awful situation we are all in I just mean when people say they don't understand the reasoning behind the decision that has been made it is basically that they haven't made an emotional decision but one based on science perceived what is best for society. Nicola sturgeon has acknowledged this is not suitainable emotionally and we need the government to tell us that they are working on creating a better balance where they can allow us to see some people we want to see and still do some things we need to do. I do not know how that can be done but surely people with more knowledge than me can work it out please.

Reactions: 4
Bloody hell I couldn’t be arsed with all that faff as much as I’m dying for a dominos 😩
We’re not doing any of that. We just received it normally and washed our hands. I’m also not doing anything different with my shopping either.

If I did I think I’d rather go without 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.