Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
I have friends that are Dettoling every single thing that comes in the house. Post and parcels sit in a holding area for 3 days until they open them. They flat out refuse takeaways too.
I am doing deliveries for a supermarket, I do about 30 deliveries a day, for all of them we put the shopping on the door step, ring the bell and step back while they take it in, or a few keep the door closed and wait till we're gone to take it in. But every day I get at least one house where the occupants will get fully geared up in marigolds and facemasks to take the shopping in, and occasionally I'll see a spray bottle come out to disinfect everything :D. Some of them have me open up the garage door and put it in there for them, where I think they leave it for a few days to "decontaminate".

I chatted to a lady yesterday (from about 3m away from her door) - luckily my supermarket is being quite "nice" about it all and we have time on the route to take a few minutes to chat to some of the customers if they want to - she was one that had had "the letter" so she hasn't left the house at all in 8 or 9 weeks or whatever. But her house was directly on a village high street so she was seeing people walking past her windows all the time, and she was dreadfully upset that she couldn't go out and join them :cry: . There is going to be a tremendous toll on mental health by the time this is over.

And then I'll go to a house with middle aged people and they'll whinge and bitch about how the shop is putting everything in bags and it's such a waste etc. Get a grip, a few excess plastic bags is a tiny penalty in the grand scheme of us efficiently and safely getting important shopping to a lot of old and vulnerable people. If you don't put those bags in the sea then no turtles will die, it's not difficult. The oldies are generally delighted that their shopping is now coming with free rubbish bags again.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Can we move on for the shopping washing chat now? Some people do and some people don’t. There is no wrong or right so do as you see fit.

I’ve realised that really my life hasn’t changed much in lockdown, I’m pretty shy and an introvert and spend a lot of time at home.I was never brought up in a hugging overly affectionate home. I tried to reconnect with some old friends at the beginning of lockdown, but I think my shyness puts people off, I find social interaction quite overwhelming so I think I come across badly. When I first started dating my husband people thought I was rude and he always had to explain I was painfully shy.
Couldn’t agree more about moving on from the shopping washing. I much preferred yesterday’s talk of the persons boyfriend who dreamt he had five willies 😂

• Haha

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.
I get what you’re saying but when I’m working from home and I’m in meeting after meeting, I have no choice but to give my nippers an iPad. Don’t get me wrong, when I am able to get off a call early, I give me kids my all and try my best but sometimes the only thing I can do is rely on electronics. Otherwise I’m faced with ‘mummy I need a poo’ mid call with senior management.

• Haha
  • Heart

Bellaboo1994

Chatty Member
In response to the poll subject I think it’s time to send children back to school. I personally don’t see the point in sending them back in June as it’s so close to the summer holidays so seems a bit pointless but I think they should all be going back by September.
I myself have worked all the way through this pandemic for 40 hours a week in a child care setting that care for primarily children of NHS workers. To this date 3 of our NHS parents have contracted the virus and they’ve all recovered well. There is no such thing as social distancing when you work with children. They still require cuddles, nappy changes, bottle feeds. We as Early Years Practitioners get sneezed on, coughed on sometimes several times a day it’s one of the not so nice parts of the job! However I do hope it reassures some of you that not one single member of staff where I work has contracted the virus (touch wood) for this reason and it’s only my personal opinion I don’t see the harm in sending children back to school.

Gembo

VIP Member
Is it just me or is the lady answering questions today giving a bit of attitude? She reminds me of how I am when I’m at work and people are getting on my nerves 😄

• Haha

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I am not in the UK but what is the point of the schools opening for a few weeks when they don't even have the virus under control? Here in Canada they're note opeing tentatively until September and that may not even happen. They are concerned about the inflammatory condition caused in children.

Reactions: 16

nbt

VIP Member
Not watched it tonight. What's happened?
I didn’t really understand how it all started, but it caught my attention because she was so short with her answers and getting quite stroppy with people. At one point she kind of answered a question whilst staring at the ceiling. You know like when you’re proper just sick of all the shit and losing the will? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Tonight's briefing at 4.30pm.

Amok Sharma will be joined by NHS England medical director Prof Stephen Powis.
#wherethefuckisboris

it’s hilarious that sky news are saying the U.K. should look to Ireland for “advice”

We don’t even have a fucking government and the caretakers spend their days scraping with each other 🤦‍♀️

We’re all fucked 😂🤣

• Haha

idk2

VIP Member
So.. We're still not on Level 3 yet? He's still saying R is down but its only 'down' in London. Its back to 0.6-1 in every other region and call me cynical but maybe they've leaked it being significantly lower in London so people will feel better going back to work.

WHERE is Boris!?

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Thank you for making me smile for first time in few days “deep clean broccoli”.
I’m mega phobic of the virus but even I don’t wash all groceries. I just wash my hands after I touch them and by time I get to most of it, it’s gone 3 days anyway.
Thanks for link to Louvre! Awesome 😘
Always around to be inappropriate and upset someone 😉

I think there’s a recipe for Zoflora and Zucchini pasta bake on the Goodcleanfood website

(I will add, just to be clear for anyone who’s going to get upset, it’s a joke. It’s just a joke, no judgment.... well the usual amount of judgment, no extra judgement 🙂)

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I anticipate this all being deleted anyway but hopefully enough people read it before it is.
practice what you preach because it looks like you're the one dragging the attitude onto this thread right now.

I genuinely can’t cope with this anymore. I was simply asking that we could be more mindful. If that makes me a snowflake then so be it. Will leave it there.
if you’re struggling with the thread, take some time away, don’t bring your issues here and lay them on everyone else.

i don’t even know how this started but I don’t see anyone else making drama right now 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow

Kermy5

Right and it’s easy to say that and easy for that to be the plan but very very very hard to swallow when you are already struggling with the isolation. It’s not as easy to just not see people, 9 weeks without my lifeline which is my mum and Nan. I am starting to think fuck it. I need them for my mental health. The doctor seems to be uninterested when I tell him I feel suicidal, so wtf am I supposed to do?
Please go and see them, go through the garden and stay outside at 2 metres apart. I did this a few days ago and it really helped my mental health to be able to chat with my Mum in person.

• Heart

Kermy5

What about us singletons? The dating pool was bleak before Lockdown and now we can’t even interact in person! I’m officially screwed and not in the good way 😂😂
Same. I haven't been near a penis since 2018. My fanny is like a boarded up mineshaft.

• Haha

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Off topic of schools but is anyone else having the most crazy and vivid dreams in lock down? I am in a happy committed relationship and am dreaming in detail about my ex bf about 3 times a week! Gahhhhhh!
I dreamt that I murdered my stepdad, chopped him up and threw him in my bin. So that was a cute dream and not disturbing at all.

• Haha
  • Wow

Full19

Does everyone think they will just push ahead with easing the lockdown, unless something major happens?

Seems like they are trying to say we need to get on with life as we don't know how long a vaccine will take etc

idk2

VIP Member
End of the day, it all depends on your children and how they're coping, what measures their individual schools are taking and what your home situation is like (shielding, living with elderly etc). No shaming, you do you x

• Heart