Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kermy5

Anyone else just feeling hopeless right now? I just can't see how things will ever be normal again. I do an alright job of powering through day by day but fuck me it's all so overwhelming when you mull it over isn't it. The thought that this could be life now for the foreseeable, kids losing their instinct to hug people and having to sit away from their friends when schools do return, that's made me really sad tonight.
Sorry just needed to write that down.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

AutumnGhost

Chatty Member
When we get takeout, my husband goes and picks it up. I turn the oven onto 350. He comes home, I take the food (pizza for example) out of the packaging and put it onto an oven tray then throw it in the oven for 15 mins and was my hands. He holds the dip packaging and I spoon it into a bowl. My husband puts the packaging into the outside bin straight away and then changes his clothes, disinfects the door handles and washes his hands. The heat from the oven would kill any germs that got onto it after cooking.

We are the same when it comes to groceries. We disinfect things before taking them in and products we can remove from packaging (pasta etc) we do.
Bloody hell I couldn’t be arsed with all that faff as much as I’m dying for a dominos 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 21

monga

VIP Member
8 schools in France have had to close days after opening as 70 pupils have tested positive for the virus, a massive track and trace is underway..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

KateESJ

VIP Member
I have a few friends in healthcare and they have said over the last few weeks theres been a slight (but noticeable) increase in attempted suicides which makes me so sad to think of the long term mental health impact this is going to have on so many people
This... really doesn’t surprise me. I’m fortunate enough that I haven’t attempted it since having kids (I’ve always managed to pull myself back) but I’ve made calls to helplines and Ive made one trip to A&E about a month and a half ago over thoughts. My normal symptoms of my depression and PTSD are worse than usual. I’m starting to reach a breaking point and it scares me because I know exactly what I’m like at that point and I worry I won’t be able to pull myself back as well without the usual support and without ability to just get out of the house.

It’s just shit. I’ll be the first person to say I support lockdown but it’s not doing me any favours mentally. I do worry for those mentally vulnerable. Especially if they live alone. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I've been to see my mam and sister this week. I went through the side gate didn't go in the house and spent an hour in the garden. Its done absolute wonders for me and my 6yr old who is used to spending weekends with them

I have no regrets. We abided by social distancing rules yet still got to spend some time together 🤗🤗

My mam has very limited mobility so couldn't and wouldn't get to a park or public place

• Heart

Doeli70

VIP Member
Yes I thought so, thanks for replying. I guess I’m just a worrier! Yes they would have to have it on their hands but we all know how much we touch our faces/mouths and wouldn’t want my hands on something they’ve just had their hands on when I can’t cuddle my parents. Like you said wiping down etc before opening it up! 😀
I've had takeaways every week since lockdown. I haven't wiped down anything and I don't wipe down my shopping either. It would send me over the edge mentally if I did that.

Reactions: 19

coconochanel

VIP Member
Lets just clear this parenting thing up shell we....your going to HELL if you send them to school and your going to HELL if you don't ok? :giggle:

• Haha

Ciechoslava

We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.
So judgemental 🤣 what about parents who need to go back to work and have no other alternative than to send them back to school? Or the alternative being an elderly relative looking after the child which would then put them at risk?

• Heart

hnoz

VIP Member
Finally got the news I was expecting and my company has started the consultation process for redundancy. Ahhh stressed! 😬

• Sad

Fudgecakes

Nicola Sturgeon just made a great dig about Boris not being present for questioning alot of the time 😂
I didn’t even like her at the start of all this, and now I’m considering getting “I love Nicola Sturgeon” car bumper sticker, and a cardboard cut out of her to stare at me while I sleep 🤣

• Haha

KateESJ

VIP Member
Lets just clear this parenting thing up shell we....your going to HELL if you send them to school and your going to HELL if you don't ok? :giggle:
Maybe we should just skip school entirely and send all the kids to work to help kickstart the economy back up?

It’s about time my daughter contributed financially. Kid eats my food, uses my electricity and sleeps under my roof and gives me nothing for it 🙄

• Haha

Hayles1990

I am sending my child to school however one thing I am getting increasingly annoyed about is, that’s ok but they can’t start ‘non-essential’ hospital services now, even at a reduced rate?? My son is 3 and has a foot deformity that can now only be mended or reduced with serial casting or surgery and he is getting older, his feet are getting worse and they will not see him. I get it, I understand but my poor boy is in pain every single day and falling over, his ankles are weak now too and they give way all the time. It is a time bomb for an injury and it’s making me very emotional and very sad. So hard to listen to him moaning when he walks and telling me his feet hurt ☹😢

• Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
Good numbers today - I know weekends are lower anyway but it’s the lowest we’ve had 👏🏼
Just wanted to say, I feel like every day you come in with the numbers and give it a little postive spin. It really helps me to put things in perspective when the numbers seem scary, so just wanted to say thank you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 18

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Been outside my house today for the first time in 9.5 weeks. Broke my shielding rules but I was one step away from getting carried off by men in white suits! Only went along the field outside our house and was out for 20 minutes max. The kids were in their element as they've also not left the house. Was strange and I got really emotional then panicky but going to do it once a week for my own sanity. Didn't see a single soul either so very low risk.

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I think Boris has furloughed himself.

can someone give him a text and tell him that’s not how it’s meant to work please?

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Well that's the thing the government PR team have whipped everyone into a frenzy and put the fear of god into people ..in so much some are afraid to set foot outside ! then they've done a complete turn around and expect people just to skip happily back into the swing of things .This is a monster of their own making !!
couldn't agree more.

maybe I’m just over it all, I know how bad that sounds btw,
fully aware how bad it sounds 😂

But I feel like I’m at the point where I’m happy to go back to normal (while being careful 😬)

I don’t trust what we’re being told on briefings and in the media.
I don’t trust the stats anymore,
Or the scare mongering,
Or any of it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Pinch of salt ...Summer schools are planned under a leaked government dossier..
Sorry to drag this up from page two by they can absolutely get stuffed if they think I'm working this. Teachers have worked solidly from day one of lockdown and many have already worked through easter and soon may half term. Give me an extra 6 weeks pay or 6 weeks back another time (I'll take a term-time holiday for 2 weeks for the next 3 years thanks) and I might consider it.

This is just another way for facebook warriors to hate on the "too many holiday days" teachers get so we absolutely should work it. UGH

• Heart