Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
I was watching lives from the reopening of Disney springs and City Walk last night because I was interested to see how it was arranged and how the public were reacting,

All you see are people with masks on touching their face adjusting and pulling at said masks 😐
we have been so excited to go back to Orlando but I think we’ll be waiting a year or so!

coconochanel

VIP Member
Yes, if they truly believe it was safe (expect for those shielding) they would be fining parents.

If they also believe the education was paramount they would enforce sending kids back. They aren’t therefore it cannot be essential kids go back. They are doing so people can go back to work, that’s it.

I thought they were already open for these kids, any kids on social services list can go in can’t they?
I meant more those without computers who cant do the school work.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Get in contact with them, perhaps it’s just the sheer amount of applications they have received
I have, I'm waiting a reply... In 5 working days! I'm just panicking I've done it wrong and it will be rejected. This sort of thing always happens to me.

Thats interesting. The government has said everyone can seek alternative employment whilst on furlough when they were looking for farmer/fruit picker jobs etc.
Provided your employer allows it. Under the furlough system its allowed, but if your employer wont allow it then it trumps that.

Argos are doing online /home deliveries, only the stores are closed..They always have been.
For some reason I just assumed they'd be open. Under the selling fitness stuff maybe. I don't know. I have no logical reason for my assumption. Not had any reason to look into it other than the bike.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I am a wiper of everything too. I can't help it it just feels the right thing to do. And as you say the science and advice changes almost daily.

I am pretty sure a few weeks ago we were all told masks were useless if not worse as you fidget with them and touch your face more. ...now they are pushing for then to be compulsory🙄

Yep!! My daughter is sad she is missing out on all her year 6 leaving activities. The year 6s usually spend ages rehearsing a play to do to the entire school, go on a residential, have a party . Non of that will be happening, she won't be able to say goodbye to all her year 6 classmates and hug and exchange gifts and sign year books.

I honestly think the new school set up will make her sad and really highlight how the world is today , which so far she has been isolated from.

I just think staying at home where we snuggle and laugh and she can fight with her brothers, without worrying about how close she is to another human is the better option for her.

And from selfish point of view we have a new routine right now in our house and I really can't be bothered complicating it when I don't need to by having 1/3 at school
They've consistently said that wiping over boxes, post and shopping with anti bac does nothing, it just spreads it around if it's on there. It's still recommended to wash, if you want to, with hot soapy water as it breaks down the lipids in the virus and then drying it removed them.

Oh yes sorry, thought theres been some more added since yesterday. So am i correct in thinking loss or smell or taste now means we and the whole household have to isolate for 14 days? 🤔
Any symptom means you need to follow the isolation rules

Attachments

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
@Keiffers pipe i could be missing something. But I can’t see how it’s anything to do with VAT. It should have been paid into your personal bank account and be classed as drawings/earnings.

VAT wasn’t part of the payment so there is none to claim or pay. How are you inputting it on quickbooks? As a supplier payment?

Sorry if this has been asked but do babies / toddlers count as people?! As in can myself and my 3 year old meet my friend and her one year old (social distancing obv) both our husbands are still at work so it’s not like we have childcare... and surely us mums can exercise and see some one too?
If you have no child care you can take them, obviously they must also observe social distancing.

Hayles1990

My Y1 is getting more fed up by the day. We try and keep her busy. Shes getting more jealous of her baby sisters she take up alot of time and attention. Shes been spending more and more time in her room every day 😔.
Yes I totally get you, I have two toddlers too and that takes a lot of time as they get jealous then when I’m trying to do school work with the older two. It’s hard isn’t it 😢 x

Keiffers pipe

Yes i saw this too and this is why I feel they have been right not to advise around masks here so much.. they are only truly effective if used properly and realistically the majority of people will not be doing that.

It's the illusion of preotection it gives which i guess people like...
Florida is hot .imagine how many times you will need to adjust the mask just to have a drink !! Also I saw plenty of influencers on insta who had taken the mask down for a selfie. ( Good to see lots of them got slammed in the comments)

Youbelter!

We usually have far too many takeaways probably 3 a week at least. Kids were desperate for a KFC so we got one last week as it was next door to the supermarket we had been to. I was initially excited but then from the drive thru window I could see their fingers holding the boxes and sort of inside them as they were scooping in the pop corn chicken 🤮🤮put me right off. We transferred it straight to our own serving dishes so we could throw the packing away straight away. Not sure how the kids felt about it but they didn't finish it all which is unusual. It felt a lot of effort and stress for me so we won't be getting anything else again for a long time .
Yes that was the issue for me. Eating things that someone has just had their hands all over irrespective of whether it’s been cooked thoroughly or not. Far worse than giving my mum a cuddle as it’s going directly into my mouth after they’ve just been touching it 🤣 so will avoid for now but each to their own and what works for everyone! I can’t be arsed with cooking food again and all that kind of stuff so will just wait. xx