Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Staveyavb

I don't know if this is the right place, I've just been scrolling through a load of comments. I honestly just need to let someone, anyone know. I FUCKING HATE HOME SCHOOLING.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I don't think anyone isn't expecting any further waves but there is a very understandable concern that it's not a huge massive tidal wave. We have spent the last 7 weeks watching 30 off thousand people die from a virus and now we are being told that we should go out but they can't tell us how this can be achieved safely without risking our health. I can see why people are worried. We know the virus is sticking with us for the long run but it's about working out how we can live alongside it and not due from it (general we). I hate that people go "it's OK for the majority of us" when there are vulnerable people living with a very real fear its a death sentence. People are not expendable.

Yesterday it was shown that male unskilled workers were 4 times more likely to die from it, and it's these that would have had to be going out yesterday to work (or Wednesday). That's a pretty shit statistic.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Guys don't worry it all makes perfect sense
You won’t stand and talk to a load of strangers. You won’t be tempted to hug a stranger. Sorry - it’s not a nice rule, but it’s one that does actually make sense.

Reactions: 16

Yel

Chatty Member
I was laughing at people for ogling this psychopathic untrustworthy guy a few weeks ago, this morning I thought "I would" 😆😬
Screenshot_2020-05-11-10-55-54-187_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Detty pig

Because all the teachers I know think they’re Gods and the absolute be all and end all to a child’s life. My brother and sister in law are both teachers and they think the world owes them something for doing so.
That's a family problem not a teacher problem. Sure there are a few bad eggs but majority of teachers are overworked and underpaid and care too much to the detriment of their own mental wellbeing and often their own families.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Because all the teachers I know think they’re Gods and the absolute be all and end all to a child’s life. My brother and sister in law are both teachers and they think the world owes them something for doing so.
Without your teachers, you wouldn’t be doing whatever it is that you do for a career.

Teachers play a huge role in a child’s life. They often spend more time in a day with your child than you do, and beyond education, they support your child in ways that you clearly can’t appreciate. We are often the first person a child confides in if they are being abused, bullied, or questioning their sexuality.

I’m sorry that you think that a six weeks holiday is the only thing we go into this profession for.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
One day, one day soon.... a fucking journalist will unmute their fucking microphone before asking a question.

I strongly believe that.

• Haha

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Im baffled as to why teachers think they have a right to refuse to go back to work. I mean all the frontline workers have got on with it since day one and have fought battles we know nothing about, working through the peak of the virus and making sure we are looked after, can eat and drink have shopping delivered etc. And i dont just mean nurses and doctors, all the care work staff on minimum wages cleaners in hospital on minimum wage bin men delivery drivers etc not once have i heard them moan or make a massive deal out of it. Not heard of any unions/individuals saying they shouldnt be expected to work or anything. Now teachers think its okay to throw a paddy because they have to go back to work. Its a pandemic the risk is always gonna be there. Get back to work and do your jobs for gods sake! Of course those shielding wont be expected to work but the rest need to get a bloody grip and get on with it. Seriously 🤣🤣
Thank god somebody else said it. I’m sure they just want an extra long summer holiday 😁

• Angry
  • Haha

KateESJ

VIP Member
Just snapped at my kids getting them in bed.

I think being around them without a single break for 2 months is wearing thin. I’ve literally not been without them since March 18th.

I love them but

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Surely people and businesses cannot afford to not open until September.
I get this argument, but at the same time surely people shouldn’t have to die alone after not seeing their loved ones for 2 months,
Surely people shouldn’t be refused ventilators because there isn’t enough of them,

nothing about a pandemic works on “but that’s not fair/that can’t work” 😕

• Heart

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Morning everyone. Hope everyone is feeling ok 19349293rd day into lockdown.

If this thread could slow down a bit, that would be great thanks 👍🏻 Xx

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Agree.
I will keep away from my 82 year old grandma but the thought that she hasn’t got too long left and could spend it alone without her family who visit her often around her breaks my heart. There’s no easy way out of this aside vaccine.
We’re so used to having it easy,
we’ve never experience anything like this before and nothing about it is going to be fair,
for years to come.
the next generation will pay for this as well as us.

Happy Monday 😬

(slightly off topic but going back to VE Day, I remember my grandparents talking about the glimmer man, he used to go around checking homes weren’t using extra gas during rations, they could enter your home and touch your stove/tea pot to check if it was still warm and therefore you’d had your gas on, people are facing uncertain times, but could you imagine that, and it wasn’t that long ago, what we face now we can manage. It will pass and hopefully everyone will get financial support where needed, but we still have it easy in comparison)

Reactions: 14

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Is it wrong to think your 6 year old is literally just never going to get the hang of anything schooly?? I had to have gin last week when after sounding out the word creased perfectly he declared it said seeds. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM.
It's like in Friends where Phoebe tries to teach Joey how to speak French 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14