Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hnoz

VIP Member
I don’t see how everyone is so annoyed that you can’t hang out with friends and family yet. Yeah it’s shit but Scotland, NI and Wales have already extended pretty much the same restrictions for 3 more weeks. I don’t see what people expected, England wasn’t likely to be hugely different!

Reactions: 18

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I really don’t believe Boris is going to announce the lift on lockdown people are expecting. I believe lockdown will continue with a few small changes. Something needs to change soon or we’ll have nothing to come back to after lock down. If people are able to return to work in a safe and protected environment then I don’t see the harm.
I agree, I think if there is any lift it will be another exercise session and shops that can social distance will be allowed to open. I suspect we will be like this for another 6 weeks.

I do not think that he’ll say right everyone back to work and school.

Someone said about being told to go back to work by their employer, I don’t see any issue with a few days notice. At the end of the day you are currently being paid (Or furlough) and aren’t doing anything per say. Unless you are shielding or have a lack of childcare there should be no reason not to return, provided that you can social distance/be protected at work.

I think we need to be realistic, at some point we will have to get out of the house and back to work/school and social distancing is not possible 100%. We have to accept that we will be getting back to ‘normal’ while this is around. Hospitals need to get people back in for appointments, the economy has to open at some point and people need to get on with life.

As someone posted, this isn’t about this being over it’s about there being an ICU bed for you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Justhereforthegoss

Chatty Member
Hey everyone, this may be an odd/inappropriate thing to post on this thread, but I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I'm self-isolating with my boyfriend, but we're having issues and I have mental health issues (GP diagnosed) which I need emotional support for. I feel like my mental health is being adversely affected/effected (my spelling is terrible lol sorry) by my environment and rang my mum to talk. She was super concerned with me and asked if i wanted to come home for a few days - can I?

I'm asking here because I want sincere answers and because you guys don't know me I feel like you'll be comfortable just telling me straight up yes/no. If you think that would be a wrong thing to do then just tell me, though respectfully please. I'm struggling, but will understand and try my best to persevere if it would be better for me to stay. Thank you for the advice in advance - I hope everyone is staying safe and that your spirits are up.

*edit - I know no one here is from govt or anything but, let's be real, even they don't seem qualified to be giving advice rn lmao*
Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. I don't know the official answer ...but there have been people breaking the rules because they are bored or fancied seeing mates, and you sound like you need a bit of support so if going to stay with your mum for a few days will help then I think you should.

I'm also sure I read something on social media about people being abused can go between their home and a safe place. I know it isn't the same thing but you sound like you could do with the space and help from your mum. Take care ❤

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I think no matter what Boris announces later I’ll still be cautious and stay in as much as I can. My work is from home for the rest of this year according to my bosses so aside from school I can keep my distance as best I can. I hope a slight relaxing on visiting my mum and boyfriend though. I can cope with no restaurants, salons, pubs and cinemas for a while. Hoping I can move our holiday in July to next year if possible, it’s only a UK based one but I’d still be nervous to travel by then I think.

MissD

Hey everyone, this may be an odd/inappropriate thing to post on this thread, but I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I'm self-isolating with my boyfriend, but we're having issues and I have mental health issues (GP diagnosed) which I need emotional support for. I feel like my mental health is being adversely affected/effected (my spelling is terrible lol sorry) by my environment and rang my mum to talk. She was super concerned with me and asked if i wanted to come home for a few days - can I?

I'm asking here because I want sincere answers and because you guys don't know me I feel like you'll be comfortable just telling me straight up yes/no. If you think that would be a wrong thing to do then just tell me, though respectfully please. I'm struggling, but will understand and try my best to persevere if it would be better for me to stay. Thank you for the advice in advance - I hope everyone is staying safe and that your spirits are up.

*edit - I know no one here is from govt or anything but, let's be real, even they don't seem qualified to be giving advice rn lmao*
Advice has been that if you need to take some time out after an argument you can temporarily move house. I know that’s not what’s going on in your situation, but I’m sure the underlying principles should apply. Take care and sending love
❤

• Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
The thing we are desperate for most is seeing our loved ones. Perhaps he hasn’t given us any guidance on this is because they can’t predict when would be deemed safe. Too early then give our hopes up when snatched away from us or too late we break the rules and see loved ones (I’m reaching here).
This is my thoughts.

Imagine if he says “in three weeks you can see your family”, but then there’s another spike in infections so he has to backtrack and say no? It would be a disaster.

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
You’re more likely going to snog the face off your boyfriend than your boss (I hope). The urge to not hug/kiss your loved ones will be harder but social distancing away from your pervy colleague Clive will be easier. (Again I’m reaching here....)

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
If anyone goes through my camera roll on my phone after tonight I’m going to have some explaining to do 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I used to clear my photos and search history every night incase I dropped dead. 😐

I have a lot of explaining to do from below when I do kick the bucket and my family come here and ask who ooh the fucking drama is 🤣

• Haha

Sln2404

I really don’t believe Boris is going to announce the lift on lockdown people are expecting. I believe lockdown will continue with a few small changes. Something needs to change soon or we’ll have nothing to come back to after lock down. If people are able to return to work in a safe and protected environment then I don’t see the harm.

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I just want to cry. I was banking on knowing when I can see my boyfriend😢 I don’t know how much longer I can cope with not knowing and the thought of not seeing him until July breaks my heart😢

Edit - sorry I bang on about my boyfriend so much.. it’s just been the biggest part of all of this for me.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I feel so low right now. If as it seems they expect us to go back to work but won't allow us to visit family I'm gunna crumble a bit. Prioritising money and the fucking economy over our mental health. I miss my Mum. 😔
Sorry but the economy is important too; some people have no income coming in now. That has a huge impact on mental health too. I’ve seen families resort to food banks and feeling suicidal that they are at risk of losing their homes and can’t feed their children. Everybody’s situation is different. People really need to realise this.

• Heart
Reactions: 16