Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But a lot of the daily figures go back as far as March, so surely they would just wait until they got the test result back? They don't need to rush out the figure seeing as they're nearly always backdated weeks?
Is everyone that dies during this pandemic being marked as "A Covid death " ? ....maybe it's more to do with being a statistic of the time, instead of a victim ?

Reactions: 3
Are you sure you haven't got coronavirus? Two people I know had a really bad headache when they had it plus temp and no appetite?
I’m not sure, the symptoms are so varied. I’m probably going to self refer for a test though as I’m a key worker and it’s a strong possibility as I’ve been caring for people who are Covid-19 positive.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m not sure, the symptoms are so varied. I’m probably going to self refer for a test though as I’m a key worker and it’s a strong possibility as I’ve been caring for people who are Covid-19 positive.
Hope you’re ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is everyone that dies during this pandemic being marked as "A Covid death " ? ....maybe it's more to do with being a statistic of the time, instead of a victim ?
No, they aren't marking anyone that dies during the pandemic as a covid death.

• Angry
No harm in requesting a test just to be safe. Hopefully you're actually able to get tested!

Reactions: 3
I was offered an interview today for a job I applied for with a v.well known national company about 7 weeks ago (I got through the phone interview and I was told I'd been successful but the next round would be delayed. Weeks later I was told I didn't get the job as it'd been filled, this one today was a different position they wanted to see if I was interested in)...

Today they invited me for a face to face interview to take place tomorrow.
I'm really shocked. I asked what they were doing in terms of making it safe/social distancing and they told me only one person would be with me and they'd wipe down the desk/keyboard (there's a written test involved) after every person had been interviewed. I'd have to travel into the city (I haven't been on a bus since lockdown, choosing to walk to the supermarket if I need to even though it's not close, I'm being incredibly careful socially distancing and only going out for essentials and a walk very early in the morning) and I'd have to go to a building with a load of other people being interviewed one after the other. I'm just really surprised at the whole thing! I got the feeling they desperately need people so this is why they're contacting people who'd previously applied and were rushing to interview, but given the company it is...I'm unimpressed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I was offered an interview today for a job I applied for with a v.well known national company about 7 weeks ago (I got through the phone interview and I was told I'd been successful but the next round would be delayed. Weeks later I was told I didn't get the job as it'd been filled, this one today was a different position they wanted to see if I was interested in)...

Today they invited me for a face to face interview to take place tomorrow. I'm really shocked. I asked what they were doing in terms of making it safe/social distancing and they told me only one person would be with me and they'd wipe down the desk/keyboard (there's a written test involved) after every person had been interviewed. I'd have to travel into the city (I haven't been on a bus since lockdown, choosing to walk to the supermarket if I need to even though it's not close, I'm being incredibly careful socially distancing and only going out for essentials and a walk very early in the morning) and I'd have to go to a building with a load of other people being interviewed one after the other. I'm just really surprised at the whole thing! I got the feeling they desperately need people so this is why they're contacting people who'd previously applied and were rushing to interview, but given the company it is...I'm unimpressed.
Sounds like they are trying to be fully staffed when lockdown is over . I wouldn't worry about the quickness of it . I know that the company I work for (huge) had to start virtual training rather than in the actual class . We need these staff members when it's over . Virtual training isn't ideal for the type of jobs we have vacant . I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of safety measures in place for the tests etc . I know my work place will offer the job on condition of passing a medical.....which are not being done .. so start dates will be delayed . Good luck 👍

Reactions: 1

Today they invited me for a face to face interview to take place tomorrow. I'm really shocked. I asked what they were doing in terms of making it safe/social distancing and they told me only one person would be with me and they'd wipe down the desk/keyboard (there's a written test involved) after every person had been interviewed. I'd have to travel into the city (I haven't been on a bus since lockdown, choosing to walk to the supermarket if I need to even though it's not close, I'm being incredibly careful socially distancing and only going out for essentials and a walk very early in the morning) and I'd have to go to a building with a load of other people being interviewed one after the other. I'm just really surprised at the whole thing! I got the feeling they desperately need people so this is why they're contacting people who'd previously applied and were rushing to interview, but given the company it is...I'm unimpressed.
Personally, I don’t like the sound of this. I understand that there is an exam, but you would think that they might find a remote way of doing this in the short term. If they are asking you to do this to interview, they may ask you to do things you’re not comfortable with when it comes to actually working for them in terms of lockdown rules etc.

Hey. Sorry if this isn’t the place to do so but I really need to vent. I’m so upset and having sleepless nights. My partner is on unpaid leave. I’m on stat maternity pay. We have no idea when he will return to work and woke up this morning to find out we aren’t entitled to universal credits either. I feel so down. I feel like I’m failing my baby. I dread each day because it’s like Groundhog Day and I want to buy things to do in home, but without any money coming in then I know we have to save every penny.
My dad has offered to pay half of my OH wage every month, but he’s retired and not exactly swimming in cash himself so I don’t want that. I don’t want to rely on my dad.
sorey. I don’t know the point in this really but I don’t have anybody to turn to. My friends have suggested I go back to work early but my baby is 4 months, irs time I’ll never get back and Idon’t Want to leave him yet. Plus I work in a hospital and don’t want to go there. I’m just so fed up and needed to get it out to people who haven’t heard it before. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I am having such a down day today too. My kids 13 and 15 are fighting like cat and dog and they seem to have turned feral. I just want some head space and a minute to myself. Feel like I am walking on egg shells to avoid the next blow out in between trying for delivery slots, motivating kids to do school work while trying to manage their mental well being. Who is looking after my mental well-being? No one! Pity party for one today.
I am grateful for this thread for keeping me up to date, making me laugh and most importantly reminding me that it’s not just me who is struggling.
I’m having a tit day too, Mine are 6 & 10 and just fight constantly, they’ve had enough of each other, my husband is still working, so I’m home alone, cooking, cleaning, refereeing, sorting the dog, and I’ve just about had enough of it. I’m self employed and not entitled to any help as I’m only part time, so on top of everything we are skint and scraping through (just!)

I feel like a tit wife, tit mother just a tit person right now 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Have the lockdown rules been relaxed? I’m just confused because my neighbour has all her grandchildren over today.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Hey. Sorry if this isn’t the place to do so but I really need to vent. I’m so upset and having sleepless nights. My partner is on unpaid leave. I’m on stat maternity pay. We have no idea when he will return to work and woke up this morning to find out we aren’t entitled to universal credits either. I feel so down. I feel like I’m failing my baby. I dread each day because it’s like Groundhog Day and I want to buy things to do in home, but without any money coming in then I know we have to save every penny.
My dad has offered to pay half of my OH wage every month, but he’s retired and not exactly swimming in cash himself so I don’t want that. I don’t want to rely on my dad.
sorey. I don’t know the point in this really but I don’t have anybody to turn to. My friends have suggested I go back to work early but my baby is 4 months, irs time I’ll never get back and Idon’t Want to leave him yet. Plus I work in a hospital and don’t want to go there. I’m just so fed up and needed to get it out to people who haven’t heard it before. 😢
Why is your partner on unpaid leave? Can he reach out to his employer and ask to be furloughed? Obviously they don't have to do it but it is coming from the government so there is no harm in asking.

Why is your partner on unpaid leave? Can he reach out to his employer and ask to be furloughed? Obviously they don't have to do it but it is coming from the government so there is no harm in asking.
He falls under the cracks as he started a new job in March so not entitled as the government rules you have to be on payroll 19th March but most people don’t submit til the end of March :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
He falls under the cracks as he started a new job in March so not entitled as the government rules you have to be on payroll 19th March but most people don’t submit til the end of March :(
can you speak to citizens advice? I’m not sure what’s best but you must be entitled to something. don’t fret, take some deep breaths.

I assume your partner wasn’t on the RTI submission for them in time for furlough?

Week 16 39.2% of all deaths mentioned covid19
I just wondered if they were ! as many people on my FB have been saying relatives that have died with heart attacks etc, had Covid on their death cert..

Reactions: 5
Use your brain people!! How many times do you hear, "died with Covid". They are teling you, these thousands of people are not ALL dying from it, they have been tested and even if showing no symptoms at all, are being counted as a Covid death. For all we know, there could be as little as a few hundred who have died as a direct result.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.