Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey. Sorry if this isn’t the place to do so but I really need to vent. I’m so upset and having sleepless nights. My partner is on unpaid leave. I’m on stat maternity pay. We have no idea when he will return to work and woke up this morning to find out we aren’t entitled to universal credits either. I feel so down. I feel like I’m failing my baby. I dread each day because it’s like Groundhog Day and I want to buy things to do in home, but without any money coming in then I know we have to save every penny.
My dad has offered to pay half of my OH wage every month, but he’s retired and not exactly swimming in cash himself so I don’t want that. I don’t want to rely on my dad.
sorey. I don’t know the point in this really but I don’t have anybody to turn to. My friends have suggested I go back to work early but my baby is 4 months, irs time I’ll never get back and Idon’t Want to leave him yet. Plus I work in a hospital and don’t want to go there. I’m just so fed up and needed to get it out to people who haven’t heard it before. 😢

Can i just ask why arent you entitled to universal credit? You absolutely should be if your partner isnt working and you’re on mat leave. Maybe call them to ask what have they based their decision on. Also universal credit is paid in arrears so if you got paid lets say in the last month you might not get anything this month but next month you will - if thats the case then call your mortgage provider or speak to your landlord and defer your mortgage/rent same with utility companies etc defer it all until you get paid from UC to keep you guys afloat. You should be entitled to an advance off UC as well.

Reactions: 4
Use your brain people!! How many times do you hear, "died with Covid". They are teling you, these thousands of people are not ALL dying from it, they have been tested and even if showing no symptoms at all, are being counted as a Covid death. For all we know, there could be as little as a few hundred who have died as a direct result.
That's what I mean is it "a sign of the times" or an actual diagnosis (if that makes sense)..... But in saying that there has to be some reason why so many people have died in such a short time...

Reactions: 2
Don't forget there is a support thread for those of you that are struggling mentally.
I'm finding it very difficult emotionally the last few days too.

Reactions: 10
That's what I mean is it "a sign of the times" or an actual diagnosis (if that makes sense)..... But in saying that there has to be some reason why so many people have died in such a short time...
Call me skeptical, but they can report numbers how they like, and break them down into figures that look worse than they are. Many hospitals are empty, some staff laid off and notice how week by week they dont report deaths from other causes.

Reactions: 6
Can i just ask why arent you entitled to universal credit? You absolutely should be if your partner isnt working and you’re on mat leave. Maybe call them to ask what have they based their decision on. Also universal credit is paid in arrears so if you got paid lets say in the last month you might not get anything this month but next month you will - if thats the case then call your mortgage provider or speak to your landlord and defer your mortgage/rent same with utility companies etc defer it all until you get paid from UC to keep you guys afloat. You should be entitled to an advance off UC as well.
Hi yes thanjs - it’s because he got a wage end of March but that paid for April bills and food so stuck this month. Hopefully the figure will change next month then, I didn’t know it could. Thank you x

Reactions: 2
Call me skeptical, but they can report numbers how they like, and break them down into figures that look worse than they are. Many hospitals are empty, some staff laid off and notice how week by week they dont report deaths from other causes.
So why would the government want the death figures to look worse than they are?

You can find deaths from other causes if you want to seek it out, they aren't given in the press conferences because it is a press conference directly related to the pandemic.

Reactions: 9
So why would the government want the death figures to look worse than they are?

You can find deaths from other causes if you want to seek it out, they aren't given in the press conferences because it is a press conference directly related to the pandemic.
Is it your mission to argue with every single forum member on here by the end of lockdown😂

Many reasons, big businesses like Amazon are killing it in this lockdown, small businesses will fold in huge numbers, billoinaires have raked in billions more while all this has been happening.

Also, look at Chris Witty (worked with Bill Gates groups on ebola), Sunak (worked for a huge world bank, married to daughter of billionaire) another worked for Glaxo Smith Kline, i can go on. They all have interest in big pharma and the vaccine. Funny that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Is it your mission to argue with every single forum member on here by the end of lockdown😂

Many reasons, big businesses like Amazon are killing it in this lockdown, small businesses will fold in huge numbers, billoinaires have raked in billions more while all this has been happening.

Also, look at Chris Witty (worked with Bill Gates groups on ebola), Sunak (worked for a huge world bank, married to daughter of billionaire) another worked for Glaxo Smith Kline, i can go on. They all have interest in big pharma and the vaccine. Funny that.

Not arguing, just never heard anyone suggesting the government would want the numbers of deaths to look worse so I was interested in your reasons.

In fact I have only ever heard the opposite, that we were downplaying the numbers as we don't release timely info on at home or in care home deaths, whereas countries like France do.

Reactions: 11
I feel for all of you having an awful time. The last week has been pretty tit for me too and it wasn’t just because that seagull flew off with my 20 silk cut. Some people have been so kind to me and others absolute twats.
Hold on in there everyone sending you hugs x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hey i'm open to believing anything now after this ! even the Pentagon have today admitted UFO sightings from a few yrs back are true :alien:😳😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not arguing, just never heard anyone suggesting the government would want the numbers of deaths to look worse so I was interested in your reasons.

In fact I have only ever heard the opposite, that we were downplaying the numbers as we don't release timely info on at home or in care home deaths, whereas countries like France do.
Fair enough sorry if i sounded like a dick!
Again call me cynical but they do have the technology to count care home deaths but have chosen to present them along with hospital deaths tomorrow, just when the numbers are going down and people are starting to see a glimmer of hope. Then bam, huge numbers as these are added (even though i bet the numbers will be weeks old) and people will be begging to stay locked up for longer.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Personally, I don’t like the sound of this. I understand that there is an exam, but you would think that they might find a remote way of doing this in the short term. If they are asking you to do this to interview, they may ask you to do things you’re not comfortable with when it comes to actually working for them in terms of lockdown rules etc.
Completely agree been doing second stage interviews (practical on the computer system) for a position in my team this week, and we are doing it via Microsoft teams. Anything else is irresponsible imo

Reactions: 5
Scary stuff! Lets just add bloody aliens to 2020 shitstorm as well😂
If you hear a weird rustling noise in your cupboard and and funny voice muttering HOME ,It's not BoJo on a bender it's ET looking for a lift.. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A lot of hospitals are empty cause they can't staff them. They aren't going to report deaths from other causes. They're reporting deaths from coronavirus cause that is our current pandemic. We don't need to know how many people died of other causes, we're not staying in cause someone died of heart disease. We need the information on corona.

Reactions: 6
Hi yes thanjs - it’s because he got a wage end of March but that paid for April bills and food so stuck this month. Hopefully the figure will change next month then, I didn’t know it could. Thank you x
Im self employed and not applicable for govt help but I am entitled to UC even though I got paid on 8th APRIL from invoices sent within month of March. I haven't worked all of April - they will either give me less money than usual when they pay me (I believe I get it in my account tmro) OR its based on how much I got paid on the 8th and they'll give me less this month only and next month will be back to normal UC pay (Idk how much that is either as never been on it before!)

You should definitely follow it up and speak to different advisors

Reactions: 1
What does everyone think about the contact tracing app?
I don't see how they will achieve the numbers of people using it, and updating it properly that they need for it to have any meaningful effect.

Plus how does this work in cities? In London will I get a notification every week to isolate because I have come into contact with an infected person?

Reactions: 5
Hey. Sorry if this isn’t the place to do so but I really need to vent. I’m so upset and having sleepless nights. My partner is on unpaid leave. I’m on stat maternity pay. We have no idea when he will return to work and woke up this morning to find out we aren’t entitled to universal credits either. I feel so down. I feel like I’m failing my baby. I dread each day because it’s like Groundhog Day and I want to buy things to do in home, but without any money coming in then I know we have to save every penny.
My dad has offered to pay half of my OH wage every month, but he’s retired and not exactly swimming in cash himself so I don’t want that. I don’t want to rely on my dad.
sorey. I don’t know the point in this really but I don’t have anybody to turn to. My friends have suggested I go back to work early but my baby is 4 months, irs time I’ll never get back and Idon’t Want to leave him yet. Plus I work in a hospital and don’t want to go there. I’m just so fed up and needed to get it out to people who haven’t heard it before. 😢
Aww bless you? Could you husband pick up a wee job in Tesco or porting at the hospital too help bring a bit more cash in until he goes back to work? It might make things a bit easier. My husband is still working but if he gets out out of work I've already decided I am going to try and get work in one of these places.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.