Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. We will be glad to receive anything.

My husband is self employed and once he gets any money (June we believe) it will take an average of the last 3 years tax returns. One of those years he was off work for 2 months sick and then was only able to work part time for the remaining 6 months of that year so he earned way less that year but we will be grateful for any money we receive.

We are also very lucky that we have savings.
Some of our self employed friends don’t have savings and are expected to live on thin air until June!

Edit: Monga, have you changed your avatar pic? Don’t confuse me like that! 😜
You can now as long as it’s not for the same company that is furloughing you.
So the tax payers are
My daughter only became self employed jan before last so has one tax return in for 3 months and they will say that’s a years earnings and divide it by twelve. Think they are being quite unfair to self employed people as employed get their money based on current earnings. Luckily her husband had a good job and is still working no other help available

I’m also in bed today, but because I’m feeling ill. Had the worst headache, feeling achy all over, coughing, congested and breaking out in cold sweats all night last night. I’m back at work tomorrow night, hoping I’m better by then as I’m doing 3 nights in a row.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We were shocked when our first furlough payment came through. My husband is contacted for 39 hours but always does between 50 and 60 per week because of the workload. His furlough pay is 80% of a 39 hour week so a massive drop from what he usually picks up. It's just enough to keep our heads above water though so can't complain
If the government are paying 80% they are only going to expect employers to base it on contracted hours not what you normally get including extra hours.

Reactions: 2
This is odd though:

NHS England said six of the latest victims had no positive Covid-19 test result but have been included in the latest figures.
I would assume they can be sure within a reasonable degree that someone has covid from their symptoms, plus things like a chest x ray, even if it wasn't possible to test them yet or have the results back. With this only applying to 6 out of more than 600 they clearly aren't doing this a huge amount to the extent of skewing the numbers.

Reactions: 3
My husband is self employed. We applied for universal credit as soon as they closed the building sites. We still haven't had anything or any idea of we will get anything, should hear May 6th. He is still paying out business costs and we are currently - £500 a month. Nothing more about the grant. Thankfully we have had his tax rebate which means we can eat and pay majority of our bills. Most of his friends are also self employed and still haven't had any money or support. I am so grateful we had his tax rebate and I know we are lucky but it's pretty touch and go.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m also in bed today, but because I’m feeling ill. Had the worst headache, feeling achy all over, coughing, congested and breaking out in cold sweats all night last night. I’m back at work tomorrow night, hoping I’m better by then as I’m doing 3 nights in a row.
Are you sure you haven't got coronavirus? Two people I know had a really bad headache when they had it plus temp and no appetite?

Reactions: 7
This is odd though:

NHS England said six of the latest victims had no positive Covid-19 test result but have been included in the latest figures.
The ONS have been including 'suspected' covid deaths in their data for a while (not sure exactly how long but for as long as I've been looking into it which is a couple of weeks)

Reactions: 1
I would assume they can be sure within a reasonable degree that someone has covid from their symptoms, plus things like the chest x ray, even if it wasn't possible to test them yet or have the results back. With this only applying to 6 out of more than 600 they clearly aren't doing this a huge amount.
But a lot of the daily figures go back as far as March, so surely they would just wait until they got the test result back? They don't need to rush out the figure seeing as they're nearly always backdated weeks?

But a lot of the daily figures go back as far as March, so surely they would just wait until they got the test result back? They don't need to rush out the figure seeing as they're nearly always backdated weeks?
They probably haven't tested some people. Unless there is a postmortem I can't see how else they can confirm it

The ONS have been including 'suspected' covid deaths in their data for a while (not sure exactly how long but for as long as I've been looking into it which is a couple of weeks)

I knew the ONS did as Dr's are allowed to put it down as a covid death without them being tested but I thought the official NHS figures that are for hospital deaths wouldn't do that when everyone in hospital are tested for it?

Off the subject but what is everyone doing NOT to eat the entire contents of their fridge 😪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Are you sure you haven't got coronavirus? Two people I know had a really bad headache when they had it plus temp and no appetite?
I felt like this all of last week, had to take a couple of days off even WFH as I was wiped and then woke up at the weekend feeling much better. Family were worried it was Covid but I haven't been anywhere basically since i started WFH so not sure how i could have got it

I felt like this all of last week, had to take a couple of days off even WFH as I was wiped and then woke up at the weekend feeling much better. Family were worried it was Covid but I haven't been anywhere basically since i started WFH so not sure how i could have got it
What's WFH?!

Must admit the two I know that said they had it with those symptoms I did wonder if it was some other kind of virus but the symptoms of covid-19 are now so varied it's no wonder people think they've got it!

What's WFH?!

Must admit the two I know that said they had it with those symptoms I did wonder if it was some other kind of virus but the symptoms of covid-19 are now so varied it's no wonder people think they've got it!
Nobody else in my house got sick, i think its just everyone worrying maybe unnecessarily but its interesting if this a mild version or just something else entirely!

Reactions: 3
I've read alot articles on this 😔
All along I've been saying "at least the kids will be safe"
I know it sounds selfish, I wouldnt want anyone to be poorly. But I'd choose my kids over anyone else. The statistics were massively in the childrend favour.
Now this fucker to contend with, makes me really worried.
We have been sticking to lockdown rules and have been extremely careful in our house.
I can't stop thinking about this, I just hope they will be ok.
I’m exactly the same xx

I haven’t had much anxiety about the virus itself because they say children commonly don’t get that sick and they’re the only people I have in my life that I really truly care about. This is triggering my anxiety a lot.

I know it’s being referred to as rare but my son was also described as a rare case and he’s not with me anymore so the word doesn’t soothe me at all.

Logically I know my kids are very likely to be fine but anxiety doesn’t listen to logic lol

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am having such a down day today too. My kids 13 and 15 are fighting like cat and dog and they seem to have turned feral. I just want some head space and a minute to myself. Feel like I am walking on egg shells to avoid the next blow out in between trying for delivery slots, motivating kids to do school work while trying to manage their mental well being. Who is looking after my mental well-being? No one! Pity party for one today.
I am grateful for this thread for keeping me up to date, making me laugh and most importantly reminding me that it’s not just me who is struggling.
im having a bad day too...trying to work from home. its our busiest time of year and its hard trying to do all the work remotely is hard and people still expect you to press a magic button and what they want will appear!
kids also need laptop to do their college / school work . trying to motivate my youngest to do her homework..she said she wishes she was back at school!
its peeing down with rain so cant even go for a walk or sit outside for bit.
trying to remain positive 🤪 .

I’m exactly the same xx

I haven’t had much anxiety about the virus itself because they say children commonly don’t get that sick and they’re the only people I have in my life that I really truly care about. This is triggering my anxiety a lot.

I know it’s being referred to as rare but my son was also described as a rare case and he’s not with me anymore so the word doesn’t soothe me at all.

Logically I know my kids are very likely to be fine but anxiety doesn’t listen to logic lol
Oh bless you 💔 So sorry about your son ❤

I've never had anxiety and I'm not just pulling the anxiety card out, but I've had to go into the bathroom a few times to calm my self down.

I'm sure they will be fine, but I cant just pretend it's not happening x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.