Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because he works in a gym it varies, he got an email to say it was an average over 12 months and that includes his commission he gets from fitness classes and person training. But if you have been there less than 12 months they are taking an average of how many months you worked with the company, so because of how busy it was 3 months before lockdown then people who have only worked there 3 months will be on a considerably higher furlough pay, compared to him even though he was worked there for a year. Because we took a few months out to go travelling then that will lower his average
Ah well if he’s not got a proper contract I guess there’s not a lot you can do. If they are taking into account extra he’s made on fitness classes etc then I guess that’s better than them paying him just the basic.

might be worth asking them to average it over the 9 months he actually worked rather than the twelve though.
Lots of companies are trying to find ways to minimise things, heard of ones expecting the government to pay furlough but making employees use two weeks annual leave for example.

Reactions: 5
Because he works in a gym it varies, he got an email to say it was an average over 12 months and that includes his commission he gets from fitness classes and person training. But if you have been there less than 12 months they are taking an average of how many months you worked with the company, so because of how busy it was 3 months before lockdown then people who have only worked there 3 months will be on a considerably higher furlough pay, compared to him even though he was worked there for a year. Because we took a few months out to go travelling then that will lower his average
this is very similar to the query I posted yesterday ❤

the difficulty is that unfortunately because your boyfriend had 3 months ‘out’ his average is lower. This is why it’s really tricky with the variable pay aspect - if you are simple salaried it’s very easy to work, for those who pay varies it’s not.

It’s so frustrating that your boyfriend has worked longer but will get less, they can pick a month last year as such (so for example, last April’s pay - but then I suppose it’s down the business to decide how they do it)

the gov have released a much more through info on the gov website so do check it out if you can

Reactions: 2
I go in the evening about 6.30 no one goes then. 🤣
I go after dinner about 3ish or late at night if I'm not in my pjs.
Only time I've had to que is when I popped to asda on a Sunday morning. Needed some baby supplies. Was waiting for an hour to get in and they had all gone 🙄

the difficulty is that unfortunately because your boyfriend had 3 months ‘out’ his average is lower. This is why it’s really tricky with the variable pay aspect - if you are simple salaried it’s very easy to work, for those who pay varies it’s not.

It’s so frustrating that your boyfriend has worked longer but will get less, they can pick a month last year as such (so for example, last April’s pay - but then I suppose it’s down the business to decide how they do it)

the gov have released a much more through info on the gov website so do check it out if you can
Yes it’s very frustrating, I don’t think I would be as frustrated by it if people who have worked there less times than him would be on a similar pay, but knowing that he’s worked hard there for a year and not getting much and they are getting more :( I worry a lot about money as well. I’m fortunate enough to still be working and on full pay, but it’s sad for those who have worked hard for such a long time for it to be taken away from them

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Another reason why zero hour contracts are the shittiest thing ever.

Reactions: 9
Yes it’s very frustrating, I don’t think I would be as frustrated by it if people who have worked there less times than him would be on a similar pay, but knowing that he’s worked hard there for a year and not getting much and they are getting more :( I worry a lot about money as well. I’m fortunate enough to still be working and on full pay, but it’s sad for those who have worked hard for such a long time for it to be taken away from them
I understand how hard it is. We have this exact situation where potential staff who have been furloughed due to health could earn more than those working.

get your boyfriend to have a chat with them, sometimes it’s an oversight on the business and perhaps on this instance for him they could claim for his earnings this time last year - the scheme goes on to end of June so be careful if you were away during those months then obviously he would much less. Never be afraid to ask, it’s a very difficult situation ❤

• Heart
We were shocked when our first furlough payment came through. My husband is contacted for 39 hours but always does between 50 and 60 per week because of the workload. His furlough pay is 80% of a 39 hour week so a massive drop from what he usually picks up. It's just enough to keep our heads above water though so can't complain

Reactions: 6
Another reason why zero hour contracts are the shittiest thing ever.

Yep!! I was told I would get my average over the last 12 months. I work about 32 in the winter months and 45+ during the summer. On a 0 hour. Looked at my payslip, massively down.... looked at my time sheets, been paid 14 hours a week. Will be even less next month over the bank holidays, as it’s not showing me down for hours on them. Even though Iv worked every bank holiday since I started there. Emailed the manager and all I got was that I’m to understand payroll is done and closed until the end of May and no changes can be made.

• Sad
It could just be an oversight or lack of understanding on the business side of things. It's new to everyone so it might just be a case of needing to query it and question whether what they're doing is actually correct.
Try not to worry too much, I'm sure just by having a conversation he'll be able to get a clearer picture and hopefully sort it out.

It could just be an oversight or lack of understanding on the business side of things. It's new to everyone so it might just be a case of needing to query it and question whether what they're doing is actually correct.
Try not to worry too much, I'm sure just by having a conversation he'll be able to get a clearer picture and hopefully sort it out.
Yeah he got an email to say if he has any questions about his pay he’s to get in touch, so once he gets his payslip to see the break down he is going to email!

We were shocked when our first furlough payment came through. My husband is contacted for 39 hours but always does between 50 and 60 per week because of the workload. His furlough pay is 80% of a 39 hour week so a massive drop from what he usually picks up. It's just enough to keep our heads above water though so can't complain
Were in the same boad. My partners earns at least double his wage in efficiency bonuses. He grafts his arse off everyday. His 80% furlough pay is more like 20% of his normal wage 😒 I suppose it's better than nothing.

Hi - if my husband was to get furloughed he's a mechanic would his shift pay be included in the 80% I'm aware the overtime wouldn't but as he works shift work I'm just wondering if that would be included as this is paid separately on his pay slip?

Did anyone watch panorama on BBC?
I urge you all to the watch this on bbc iplayer, and try not to get angry. Imagine it was your son/daughter.
To not provide enough PPE, then to downgrade the classification of the virus ( biggest infectious disease seen for 100 yrs) and release new instructions. The biggest f**k To the frontline staff going. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 60k (Massively insulting ) offered to the family of nearly 100 front line staff that have lost their life in work, wave the right to sue the gov in future.
Quote from nurse saying- calling us hero’s makes it ok when we die 😢
It’s criminal !!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi - if my husband was to get furloughed he's a mechanic would his shift pay be included in the 80% I'm aware the overtime wouldn't but as he works shift work I'm just wondering if that would be included as this is paid separately on his pay slip?
What a shift pay? Like extra for working nights and weekends? (I get this, it's called unsocial hours on my payslip)
I'm assuming it's just basic wage. My partners a mechanic too but already been furloughed. His bonuses do not get taken into account.

God I can’t take this seriously,
Leo on the front line visiting travellers, Not just a normal community, a traveler community?!

because this makes...... for a good PR photo?!

I assume the mask is because he’s around the public and not because of covid.

24568AA3-DD66-400F-A094-BEFEB28B2464.jpeg

I urge you all to the watch this on bbc iplayer, and try not to get angry. Imagine it was your son/daughter.
To not provide enough PPE, then to downgrade the classification of the virus ( biggest infectious disease seen for 100 yrs) and release new instructions. The biggest f**k To the frontline staff going. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 60k (Massively insulting ) offered to the family of nearly 100 front line staff that have lost their life in work, wave the right to sue the gov in future.
Quote from nurse saying- calling us hero’s makes it ok when we die 😢
It’s criminal !!
So true. The thing that's making me the most angry is that the UK has one of the best pandemic responses in the world. So much so that Singapore based theirs off ours. Singapore have had 14 deaths to date. We could have been prepared but we had a leader who didn't bother attending the (5) cobra meetings and didn't implement said plan (which we've had since 2011!!) when he was told which was about 2 months before the first case in the UK!
Then he got that very virus that he was blazé about and now he's back and everyone is giving it "He's doing a good job". No. He's doing damage control on a situation that could have been controlled. 20,000 deaths in the UK. 20,000 needless deaths. oh and a healthcare system that's in dire straits.
I hope once this is over a real investigation is done into what could have been done differently and people are held accountable.

rant over.

Reactions: 13
I think Leo is quite handsome😝
I have no words to this but I also can’t let it pass without a reaction that’s stronger than a “shocked face/throwing up emoji” reaction.....🤣

I will add,
If you feel your mental health has been effected in the last few weeks please seek help 🤣😂 GO SEEK HELP

0F69AA91-8125-478F-BF73-9DD5FDA91958.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What a shift pay? Like extra for working nights and weekends? (I get this, it's called unsocial hours on my payslip)
I'm assuming it's just basic wage. My partners a mechanic too but already been furloughed. His bonuses do not get taken into account.
He works 7am - 3.30pm and 3.30 - 12am he gets shift pay for the evening shift that's his contracted hours

He works 7am - 3.30pm and 3.30 - 12am he gets shift pay for the evening shift that's his contracted hours
He should do if its his normal hours. Have they been talking about closing? My partners works getting the mechanics back in. A few a week. Think they are upto about 8 and there is about 30 mechanics (including some apprentices).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.