Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was pregnant at the start of lockdown and as soon as they advised pregnant women to stay in I did! I’m 5 weeks pp now and I’ve not been into a big supermarket, just the chemist when I needed to. I do go on daily walks with my children. My children have not set foot in a store for a while anyway as I did shopping whilst they were at school. I can’t understand why people are taking their children if their partner is with them. If you’re a single parent you don’t have that option but I wouldn’t be going on a family trip out.
Yeah i agree.
I had to take my 2 with me when hubby was away but now he's back I wouldn't dream of taking them shopping.

@Dani1974 it's concerning that they're putting themselves at risk but I think it is only if you're in the 3rd trimester that you've been told to shield.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else woke up to it absolutely pissing it down? even the sun’s had enough
Yes!! I've got to go to tescos and do a shop, will look like a drowned rat waiting in the que to get in!! Suppose its better than the homeless look I've been rocking since lockdown 🤣

• Haha
At least the rain will keep all the idiots inside. No picnics in the park today people!
Maybe the rain will put people off going to the shops so the queues will be short? No one wants to queue in the rain!!

Reactions: 10
Raining where am I am too... and looks like I have the start of a leak on my roof too.
nothing worse that that persistent drip....drip... drip 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Raining where am I am too... and looks like I have the start of a leak on my roof too.
nothing worse that that persistent drip....drip... drip 😩
Oh no!
Neighbours over the back have had a dripping overflow pipe for 2 years!! Onto a ladder, which they haven't moved!
So several times a day we get ping pingpingping!!
Why they've not sorted it, no idea but they are a bit weird!!😄

• Haha
Not looking forward to queuing outside the supermarket in a few days now the rain is here!

Oh no!
Neighbours over the back have had a dripping overflow pipe for 2 years!! Onto a ladder, which they haven't moved!
So several times a day we get ping pingpingping!!
Why they've not sorted it, no idea but they are a bit weird!!😄
Oh how annoying! Some people just aren’t bothered are they, it’s one of those sounds the minute you hear, you fixate on 😑

I’m lucky my husband loves a bit of DIY so I’ve text him and he’ll investigate it the minute he’s home, though I have a feeling it needs to be redone 🤦🏻‍♀️

I believe you only get a food box if you have nobody to get groceries for you.

I believe you only get a food box if you have nobody to get groceries for you.

My dad got a priority slot with Tesco last week when he registered as vulnerable but he has not been able to get another slot for 3 weeks and he only got that because I stayed up until midnight to get it for him.
I thought he would be allocated a priority slot each week but apparently not.
when we were still ill i tried to get a slot. stayed up late got in queue..then when my turn came no slots . did this a few nights then i gave up in the end. but i tweeted Tesco saying why are they making vulnerable, elderly and ill people stay up til Midnight to try and get a slot - its a ridiculous time.

• Sad
Might brave Morrison’s this afternoon then if this rain keeps up.... the excitement of my day, apart from looking out for Whitty on tv that is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Need to rant... I had to do a little food shop today, I've been doing it online but ran out of essentials etc. Anyway I was disgusted with the amount of pregnant women in the supermarket. Before I get my head bitten off. Most of them were with there partners and children or with people who seemed fine to do the shopping for them. Most of them ignoring the social distance rule and walking around like I've got a bump get out of the way attitude. Maybe I'm wrong but it's not just themselves there putting in danger and I think it's awful. I understand you need to get out etc but if I was pregnant now I'd go for a walk etc and certainly stay out of the way.
I havent been in a shop since Boris advised people in third trimester to shield. I actually miss it, sad as it sounds. Thankfully my husband does any shopping we need, but as he cant drive I have to sit in the car with the kids whilst he does so. We go out for walks as we are in the countryside so its pretty empty, my eldest also had additional needs so needs to go out to burn off some energy. Some of our supermarkets only allow 1 person per household in but others dont follow those guidelines. My mum works for Tesco and my Dad has COPD, with 30% lung function, she said customers are awful with social distancing. Wish she didnt have to work atm.

• Sad
I’ve got a question regarding furlough if anyone could answer. My boyfriend works in a gym and they are doing average of 12 months, in the summer we went travelling for 3 months so he had a career break which brings down his average. However, his friend started 3 months before furlough so he will get an average of 3 months which will be much higher than my boyfriend who’s worked there for over a year, even though they both worked the same amount of hours over the past 3 months my boyfriend will get a lower furlough pay - hope this makes sense. But can you query your furlough pay?

I’ve got a question regarding furlough if anyone could answer. My boyfriend works in a gym and they are doing average of 12 months, in the summer we went travelling for 3 months so he had a career break which brings down his average. However, his friend started 3 months before furlough so he will get an average of 3 months which will be much higher than my boyfriend who’s worked there for over a year, even though they both worked the same amount of hours over the past 3 months my boyfriend will get a lower furlough pay - hope this makes sense. But can you query your furlough pay?
They are meant to get paid 80% of what their contract says. Average over a year is just bullshit. If his contract says he’s on £1000 a month, his company can claim £800 from furlough which should then be paid to him. Simple as that as far as I’ve understood, he shouldn’t accept anything less. The government are paying this not his company so they shouldn’t be pocketing the difference

Reactions: 6
They are meant to get paid 80% of what their contract says. Average over a year is just bullshit. If his contract says he’s on £1000 a month, his company can claim £800 from furlough which should then be paid to him. Simple as that as far as I’ve understood, he shouldn’t accept anything less. The government are paying this not his company so they shouldn’t be pocketing the difference
Because he works in a gym it varies, he got an email to say it was an average over 12 months and that includes his commission he gets from fitness classes and person training. But if you have been there less than 12 months they are taking an average of how many months you worked with the company, so because of how busy it was 3 months before lockdown then people who have only worked there 3 months will be on a considerably higher furlough pay, compared to him even though he was worked there for a year. Because we took a few months out to go travelling then that will lower his average

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.