Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really, they have sucessfully mapped the gene makeup and are learning more about the virus in order to produce the vaccine. Naturally as you find out more, you will have some further questions but it's early days.

Also you may have heard it on the radio but as the uk government or nhs havent uttered a word about it i wont take you hearing it on the radio or an article in the mail as gospel for now...
Plus if it is true and the virus is mutating then they have to follow the lifecycle of the new virus. Science is all about ongoing answers there are very few full stops as there is always variables.

Reactions: 5
i think we’ll head out on a walk once we get back, make the most of the dry weather before the rain comes in, and then later I’ll treat myself to a nice bath and an early night with my book!
I feel like I want to start browsing for a holiday for later this year but I also feel so hesitant about going away anytime soon
I know what you mean. I would hold fire this year on a holiday! But you can still browse for next year. Plan your trip out make it really exciting like what sites you’ll see, the restaurants you’ll visit etc.

Reactions: 3
Why are you letting someone else's situation bother you so much?
There's enough going on in our own lives, focus on that than working yourself up over something which has nothing to do with you.

I'm sure she has her reasons for not wanting to work in HC, protecting her family and not getting fucked for crappy wages is a fair reason for not wanting to go.

Slots in supermarkets are for everyone, if they weren't, she wouldn't get one.
meanwhile vulnerable people cant get the slots

Reactions: 2
I agree with you about Daily Fail but now the BBC have picked up this story 😔
Still they say it's very rare and may not be linked to coronavirus. Not something to panic about with so little info.

Reactions: 4
One of my friends sent me this. I was of the mindset “we are all in the same boat” but this has made me think differently.

View attachment 117737

I’m also having a down day today, just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
Instead I’m going to have a shower and wash my hair and have a little blub in there if I want to. Then afterwards I’ll paint on a happy face again.
Sorry you are feeling down, I hope your shower helped to wash away your sadness. My youngest is finding this all particularly difficult. She’s has become v tearful . She has too much time to think and is worrying about aches and pains she has. She misses her school and her friends so much and FaceTime doesn’t even scratch the itch to see them. We have talked at length about how shes feeling, shes generally a sensitive soul but I am seeing anxiety that I haven’t seen in her before. Added to that, my nearly teen having friendship dramas it’s all very tense in our household. I know we are not the only ones but it’s getting harder for me rather than becoming the norm. I don’t think there are many of us designed to be with our families 24/7.

Reactions: 6
meanwhile vulnerable people cant get the slots
And?
Vulnerable people have more than enough in place to be able to get delivery slots and things delivered to them.
If the slots online are available to you and me, then she should be able to use them without curtain twitchers getting so worked up about it.

Mind your own business.
Why on earth are you so bothered about it? Surely to god you've got yourself and your own family to worry about.

Reactions: 14
this might delay when they open schools again if there is a link to more children becoming severely ill.
This is something they'll have to keep" a good eye on " these symptoms have been picked up in kids in London which was the epicentre to begin with.. So it seems long term monitoring is as important as a patients current status....Hopefully it's not as deadly to kids as they first thought😬

Reactions: 4
I’m getting totally fed up today! I’m normally a calm chilled out person (most of the time) but we live in a small block of flats which isn’t ideal for this as no garden (we have been walking most days) but my neighbours are the most inconsiderate people I’ve ever met. The downstairs ones are so loud and we may as well be in their bedroom with them (totally gross) they also must smoke 300 cigarettes a day in their flat and it stinks out the communal areas as it seeps under their door and it is the strongest smelling cigarette smoke I’ve experienced... and it’s also coming up through my drains! I can smell their cigarette smoke in my bathroom and kitchen! I get we all can do our own thing in our homes but really! Don’t want to cause a scene because they’re not exactly friendly but it’s just so rude

• Sad
Reactions: 9
And?
Vulnerable people have more than enough in place to be able to get delivery slots and things delivered to them.
If the slots online are available to you and me, then she should be able to use them without curtain twitchers getting so worked up about it.

Mind your own business.
Why on earth are you so bothered about it? Surely to god you've got yourself and your own family to worry about.
I am so over curtain twitchers.... 🤣😂🤣😂
When did this become a national sport, just get on with your own tit and let others get on with theirs.

unless it’s something that’s seriously impacting others I don’t know how it helps getting frustrated and gossiping over what Brenda from No. 18 is doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I've also noticed people have became very bitter and spiteful during all of this towards friends and neighbours. Does it really matter what they are doing. They don't have to answer to you or anyone, as long as they are following the guidelines in place towards you and your property then that's all you need worry about. Perhaps close the curtain and log out of Facebook and let people get on the best they can. I dont have FB or any social media and I couldn't tell you what my neighbours are doing other than badly singing along to the radio at random intervals and I like it that way.

Reactions: 12
The only curtain twitching I like is when my mum was sitting in her front garden a few weeks back and the lady across the road was washing her drive way and the lady next door came out and had a go about water going on her shared part of the driveway. She then went in and came out again and threw a basin off water over the lady washing the drive. 😅 My mum didn't know what to do with herself. 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
You need to communicate and have an open conversation.
Figure out what's winding you both up and make a conscious effort to avoid aggravating those things.
Have you done a date night?
Take it turns to organise something inside.
Movie nights/cook for each other/games night/wine tasting etc.
Its tough on everyone's relationships but if you make an effort I'm sure you'll get through it
❤❤
I'm lucky in a way as my husband is still at work, we love eachother but are both very much into our own space. We bicker it we spend too much time together ( more so because we just aren't used to it) can you make an evening just for you two, perhaps get a takeaway and a bottle of wine try band rekindle. Why don't you go for a walk in your own for a bit clear a bit of head space for yourself. If your only getting these feelings now its most likely because of the situation your in so try to look to the future and plan something for you both to do after lockdown. Like as soon as we get out of here let's go to the coast for the day etc.
Thanks both for your kind replies. I’ve tried doing something nice for us inside, but it just feels like we’re pretending to be honest. Then when we’re done it’s right back to bickering/not speaking. He hasn’t shown much interest in spending quality time together, I ask him if he wants to go on a walk and he acts like it’s this massive chore. Even getting him to show some sort of interest in my day or just having a casual conversation is like getting blood from a stone at the moment. I think he’s depressed but he won’t admit it, I’m always the problem.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I know what you mean. I would hold fire this year on a holiday! But you can still browse for next year. Plan your trip out make it really exciting like what sites you’ll see, the restaurants you’ll visit etc.
i think we will too, I’d much rather be safe than sorry. I think I’ll see what we can do for summer next year, gives us time to save too!

Reactions: 1
Self confessed curtain twitcher here 🙋🏻‍♀️ (Ok, extreme confession...not quite curtain twitcher). But I have to admit it boils my piss when I see people going on family days out to the local supermarket, or when I hear of people having parties etc. I know it shouldn’t concern me but it gets on my tits 🤣 I’m also the sort of person that gets unnecessary road rage and throw the wanker signs at people that don’t thank me for letting them out a T Junction. So I think I just have anger issues all round 🤷🏻‍♀️ and a right nosey cow too 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am so over curtain twitchers.... 🤣😂🤣😂
When did this become a national sport, just get on with your own tit and let others get on with theirs.

unless it’s something that’s seriously impacting others I don’t know how it helps getting frustrated and gossiping over what Brenda from No. 18 is doing.

not curtain twitching at all...she plasters it all over SM like she wants praise for it and all the responses even from her family were that she should do her bit, especially when her mum has gone out of retirement to help the NHS... and the fact that she is moaning that she is home bored when she neednt be

Thanks both for your kind replies. I’ve tried doing something nice for us inside, but it just feels like we’re pretending to be honest. Then when we’re done it’s right back to bickering/not speaking. He hasn’t shown much interest in spending quality time together, I ask him if he wants to go on a walk and he acts like it’s this massive chore. Even getting him to show some sort of interest in my day or just having a casual conversation is like getting blood from a stone at the moment. I think he’s depressed but he won’t admit it, I’m always the problem.
You definitely need to talk to him, he may be depressed but you derserve to be heard too. Just sit him down and tell him it plainly that you're questioning things and he needs to help you work out if this is worth fighting form it won be nice or easy but it needs to be said and it might just be the kick up the arse he needs to be more considerate.

not curtain twitching at all...she plasters it all over SM like she wants praise for it and all the responses even from her family were that she should do her bit, especially when her mum has gone out of retirement to help the NHS..
I'd block her, she's doesn't sound like the sort of person you'd want to be around and she enraged you that much best to get rid. That's why I did away with Facebook couldn't stand all the premadonnas going on and on about their lives. Drove my pnd ass mad.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.