Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for giving a constructive alternative opinion rather than a sarcastic “really?” 🙄
I’ll admit I hadn’t realised it was that many people but there are loads of airport hotels that they could utilise and do it, surely? With that many people coming in unchecked and not being quarantined, it’s no wonder we’re still getting such high numbers! x

I don’t understand it either, it’s surely common sense to quarantine?!
Also why are there so many brits stranded abroad who need to get home?! They can’t all have been on holiday? If they’ve moved abroad to work and have somewhere to live, I feel they should stay there, not come back to the uk and risk spreading it? And I say that as someone whose boyfriend went out to France for work in February, he has now at last started his new job in France and is due home in June but at the moment I feel international travel should be extremely limited and he should stay in France in June, rather than travel through airports and risk spreading it further. x
Anyone that was out of the country on holiday should have surely returned by now?
If you live out there then isolate where you live?
I don’t really understand it either. How have we suddenly got tens of thousands of ‘stranded’ brits

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not sure if anyone watched the Sky undercover programme a few weeks ago on how China was monitoring their visitors and residents...with military precision..It's like an outdoor Lab I've never seen anything like it ,this country could never keep to those standards !

Reactions: 2
Anyone that was out of the country on holiday should have surely returned by now?
I don’t really understand it either. How have we suddenly got tens of thousands of ‘stranded’ brits
Thank you!!! This is what I was trying to say but my brain is clearly too frazzled to say it! That’s why I didn’t know the numbers were so high, I thought it was one or two stragglers from each country coming home, those sort of figures are making my head spin x

Reactions: 3
Maybe if they were working abroad I'd imagine the work situ would be like here most places closed down ! how could they afford to pay rent etc so most would prob head back home..unless you were a long term resident and owned property they would probably be more likely to stay .....

Reactions: 1
Their saying another extension till June at the very least..They don't want the "killer disease" to run rampant again..It would be a total disaster...And Germany are to remain in lockdown as cases continue to rise...😑

Reactions: 4
Their saying another extension till June at the very least..They don't want the "killer disease" to run rampant again..It would be a total disaster...And Germany are to remain in lockdown as cases continue to rise...😑
I’m not surprised but jeez am I peed off with it.

I’m not surprised but jeez am I peed off with it.
Have they even confirmed we have hit/passed the peak? Did I sleep through it?
The mental health challenges during and after this will be colossal

Reactions: 6
And yet they've got all these Nightingale Hospitals that we the taxpayers are going to have to stump up for big time, sitting there doing asbsolutely nothing. So why not open up and get the economy working again, now that we have got hospital beds ready and waiting?

Reactions: 9
June? oh god well I hope Mc Donalds opens then at least we'll have something to look forward to. 😊

Reactions: 10
Who are 'they'?

Reactions: 4
Quite looking forward to queuing outside Tesco in the snow actually.
Well if its snowing hopefully there wont be a queue like when it was raining the other day. That will be fun taking the kids to see Santa through a glass window and he throws the present over the top. BUT DONT TOUCH IT KIDS WE'VE GOT TO DISINFECT IT FIRST! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
And yet they've got all these Nightingale Hospitals that we the taxpayers are going to have to stump up for big time, sitting there doing asbsolutely nothing. So why not open up and get the economy working again, now that we have got hospital beds ready and waiting?
Maybe their putting "life" before "money" for once ! they obviously know more than their letting on ...I've never known the government be so generous..........Plus the PPE situation must be a big factor their under pressure with that as is....

Who are 'they'?
Well it must be political journalists getting the inside info from No 10 it was on the radio !

Reactions: 5
Sorry to bring the mood down, but just been told that dialysis patients must now shield until 30th June and letters are on the way,
So that’s another 2 months on top of the almost 2 months he’s already had.
I know it’s to keep him safe, and we will follow the guidelines, but I just want to give my dad a hug and spend some time with him. 😔
Not sure if anyone watched the Sky undercover programme a few weeks ago on how China was monitoring their visitors and residents...with military precision..It's like an outdoor Lab I've never seen anything like it ,this country could never keep to those standards !
I've got a Chinese visa (lasts for 3 years I think) as I was in China in 2018. They won't accept the UK passport photo, so I had to have another taken for Chinese regulations. You can't smile, you have to open your eyes wide and you have to have both ears on show... mine looked bloody awful😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can't speak for all those still stranded but I have a friend who was abroad on holiday in India - despite being with family she needed to get back to start a new job. Her original flight was cancelled and she attempted to book onto several more which were ultimately cancelled too. She managed to get on a government chartered one last week but even that wasn't guaranteed until on the day. She didn't even know what time or even airport until 24 hours before!

Reactions: 3
I've got a Chinese visa (lasts for 3 years I think) as I was in China in 2018. They won't accept the UK passport photo, so I had to have another taken for Chinese regulations. You can't smile, you have to open your eyes wide and you have to have both ears on show... mine looked bloody awful😂😂😂
Mickey Mouse will be OK then:p..........you should go back for a visit ! I hear the 🦇 soup's delicious ☣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.