Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t see why they can’t take over a hotel at Heathrow and put them all straight in there, meal service rooms, change their own bedding, then after two weeks, they’re free to go home? x
With 15,000 people coming in every day, that’s a lorra hotel rooms they’ll need.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
With 15,000 people coming in every day, that’s a lorra hotel rooms they’ll need.
I dident understand why the 14 day quarantine has not been imposed it is in of her countries so is the decision led by science or let's not piss off any more UK nationals that been stranded in other countries with no ability to get home or help from embassy in countries they stuck in.

Watching good morning Britain and I agree with peirs this football should not go ahead.
We can't tell the nation we still on lockdown and tell people stay on whilst 300 support people and footballers play matches.
There's already been players and managers with covid.
They should agree to to paycut.
They can't feck off to other euro clubs as other leagues been cancelled.

Reactions: 6
I know not everyone’s a fan of Cpt Tom Moore on here but I had a tit night sleep with my toddler and it brought a smile on my face to see his delight at the flypast for him this morning!

Reactions: 11
Only one more week until we are told to stay inside for 3 more weeks!! 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Does anyone think Boris will give us any new information today? Or just more stay at home, 5 tests etc.

Reactions: 2
Latest findings from S Korea who are doing really well at controlling the pandemic seem to back up the theory that no reinfections have occurred.

This is good news for herd immunity which will naturally lower the R value.

Does anyone think Boris will give us any new information today? Or just more stay at home, 5 tests etc.
The next SAGE review is happening just before or on the 7th so there won't be any new information until the 7th or later.

Reactions: 8

Thanks for giving a constructive alternative opinion rather than a sarcastic “really?” 🙄
I’ll admit I hadn’t realised it was that many people but there are loads of airport hotels that they could utilise and do it, surely? With that many people coming in unchecked and not being quarantined, it’s no wonder we’re still getting such high numbers! x

I dident understand why the 14 day quarantine has not been imposed it is in of her countries so is the decision led by science or let's not piss off any more UK nationals that been stranded in other countries with no ability to get home or help from embassy in countries they stuck in.

Watching good morning Britain and I agree with peirs this football should not go ahead.
We can't tell the nation we still on lockdown and tell people stay on whilst 300 support people and footballers play matches.
There's already been players and managers with covid.
They should agree to to paycut.
They can't feck off to other euro clubs as other leagues been cancelled.

I don’t understand it either, it’s surely common sense to quarantine?!
Also why are there so many brits stranded abroad who need to get home?! They can’t all have been on holiday? If they’ve moved abroad to work and have somewhere to live, I feel they should stay there, not come back to the uk and risk spreading it? And I say that as someone whose boyfriend went out to France for work in February, he has now at last started his new job in France and is due home in June but at the moment I feel international travel should be extremely limited and he should stay in France in June, rather than travel through airports and risk spreading it further. x

Reactions: 5
Thanks for giving a constructive alternative opinion rather than a sarcastic “really?” 🙄
I’ll admit I hadn’t realised it was that many people but there are loads of airport hotels that they could utilise and do it, surely? With that many people coming in unchecked and not being quarantined, it’s no wonder we’re still getting such high numbers! x
But if this number was correct you would need to find space for 210,000 people at one time after the initial 2 weeks. And would need to feed them etc That doesn't seem feasible.

They would need to do some sort of tracking system which is pretty big brother but something like keeping a database of people who entered and having a large penalty fine if you are caught breaking quaritine which would deter a lot of people ? I don't know if that kind of thing would be done in this country though.

I honestly found it crazy that you literally said you couldn't see why putting everyone that flies into the UK into a hotel in heathrow airport wouldn't work. I just thought it would be obvious why that wouldn't work. Maths maybe? 😂

But if this number was correct you would need to find space for 210,000 people at one time after the initial 2 weeks. And would need to feed them etc That doesn't seem feasible.

They would need to do some sort of tracking system which is pretty big brother but something like keeping a database of people who entered and having a large penalty fine if you are caught breaking quaritine which would deter a lot of people ? I don't know if that kind of thing would be done in this country though.

I guess with those sort of numbers it isn’t feasible, I had no idea the numbers were so high?! Australia closed down it’s borders completely according to relatives who live out there, you can’t even travel from one state to another. As a result they have very few cases! Then there’s us letting that many people a day travel back here?!?! I can’t understand it x

Renegadedancer -'Can you remember when we we're in lockdown and you used to fancy the no10 crew?'
me-'No I don't remember that'
monga-'well you was pissed through most of it'
me- 'ahh yes that sounds about right'. :LOL:
Renegadedancer - “ coconochanel, who would have thought that all of the stalking of Rishi that you did would have
arrived at this“ Follows coconochanel into 10 Downing street

• Haha
I honestly found it crazy that you literally said you couldn't see why putting everyone that flies into the UK into a hotel in heathrow airport wouldn't work. I just thought it would be obvious why that wouldn't work. Maths maybe? 😂
I’ve admitted I didn’t realise the numbers were so high, I thought it was maybe one flight a day max? Obviously with those high numbers my idea does sound silly but perhaps next time explain that nicely instead of a sarcastic “really?” as it comes across as antagonist! Same as the “maths maybe?” Not sure if you meant it that way or not but that’s how I took it. We’re all a bit frazzled on here at the moment and are trying to make sense of a crazy situation so a better reply would have been more appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.