Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Disney world are hoping for the end of May ?View attachment 108683
Yeah that won’t happen.

cant see anywhere with big crowds like that, concerts, football matches etc being open for a LONG time personally

I can't believe how many people on my Facebook that reckon lockdown has to end this week because Boris only said 3 weeks. What planet are they on?
Yeah same on mine. They missed the ‘reviewed in 3 weeks’ and have taken it that it was 3 weeks then suddenly back to normal

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yeah that won’t happen.

cant see anywhere with big crowds like that, concerts, football matches etc being open for a LONG time personally

Yeah same on mine. They missed the ‘reviewed in 3 weeks’ and have taken it that it was 3 weeks then suddenly back to normal
I would have said that too but after last night's Trump fiasco I'm not so sure :rolleyes: we're to find out in a couple of days what states he wants to reopen..

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Not directly Covid related but I suppose it is in a way. My routine has gone out of the window, my diet is crap and I'm drinking more alcohol. I already have anxiety due to long term stress at work. Tonight, after drinking a lot of gin I woke up in bed with a numb hand and a feeling of something dropping on my head. Looked up & my dog (who sleeps in bed with me) was awake and watching me. Terrified for my health and have dropped an email to AA. Not sure I'm strong enough to come through this unscathed. Didn't know where else to post as I don't want to be identified on Facebook, but had to share somewhere ☹
Well done on reaching out for help.

I too, have been drinking every night 😔 I grew up with alcoholic parents and I'm terrified of going down that path. It's the only thing that numbs everything and makes me feel like I can cope.

Depression, anxiety, c-ptsd and shielding do not bode well for me clearly. My only company is my 4 year old.

I know we're in for the long haul but I cannot wait to have some semblance of normality return.

I'm also so fed up of the romanticism of lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just saw a doctor has said 40% of ICU beds at his hospital have been allocated to fellow medical staff

I'm seeing reports lockdown expected to be extended till May 7th

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I work on some of the equipment that the entertainment industry uses. On "trade" forums people are starting to talk about Autumn 2021 for resumption of concerts, festivals etc.

Cinemas will probably be luckier, some of them just before the full lockdown did manage to demonstrate that they were successfully able to offer/enforce what they're calling "chequerboard" seating, where only certain rows/seats are available. And as they're rarely sold out these days I think their business will be able to work like that for a while. There have also been some people/companies looking at organising various drive-in style cinema events but the stumbling block on those is usually provision of toilets.

Theatres will be somewhere in between, but more towards when concerts restart than alongside cinemas. Two problems, the show/play/performance budget just won't work with a two-thirds empty "chequerboard" seating plan. Secondly the behind the scenes performance side of things is generally very cramped nad people won't be able to work that closely. Particularly the London shows which usually have a vast array of people doing things you never even see on stage such as dressers and makeup.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Drives me mad, there’s one person who keeps sharing this kind of tit and she was someone who I somewhat looked up to for totally unrelated non covid reasons and now I feel like I can’t take anything they say seriously at all. Such a let down.
To be fair @Bitofthebubbly you've basically done the same and posted it here...... you could have just said someone has been talking tit on Facebook but you chose to put the screenshots up and knew the reaction it would receive. 🤷‍♀️

Literally just gonna get pissed every night me until this is all over with. Can’t bleeping cope with my anxiety LOL. One thing that’s been helping me actually is breathing exercises! I do them until wines got to my head. Then I don’t give a tit 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
I understand your humour in this but alcohol is known to have an adverse affect on anxiety and depression symptoms- 'helping' in that very moment you feel it go to hour head but actually triggering a quicker heart rate, raised blood pressure, mood suppressant if your prone to low mood..... it's a short term fix with long term impact that can worsen symptoms for hours or even days after.

Reactions: 10
Not directly Covid related but I suppose it is in a way. My routine has gone out of the window, my diet is crap and I'm drinking more alcohol. I already have anxiety due to long term stress at work. Tonight, after drinking a lot of gin I woke up in bed with a numb hand and a feeling of something dropping on my head. Looked up & my dog (who sleeps in bed with me) was awake and watching me. Terrified for my health and have dropped an email to AA. Not sure I'm strong enough to come through this unscathed. Didn't know where else to post as I don't want to be identified on Facebook, but had to share somewhere ☹
there is a forum called brighteye , its not just for alcoholics but anyone who feels they may be drinking too much. its anonymous, it has a seven day thread where you cut down one day at a time, its free and the people are friendly. x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Do you think we might follow a similar exit strategy as France?
I wish we had some idea of what was to come, even if it’s going to be a longer time.

Reactions: 5
I’m just watching the Trump press conference from last night.

It’s crazy! He started by attacking the media for reporting “fake news”, showed a propaganda video as to why what they are reporting is “wrong” and now he’s arguing with them and calling them “fake” and saying “nobody watches their networks”.

It’s all very entertaining but imagine if this were your leader! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Well done on reaching out for help.

I too, have been drinking every night 😔 I grew up with alcoholic parents and I'm terrified of going down that path. It's the only thing that numbs everything and makes me feel like I can cope.

Depression, anxiety, c-ptsd and shielding do not bode well for me clearly. My only company is my 4 year old.

I know we're in for the long haul but I cannot wait to have some semblance of normality return.

I'm also so fed up of the romanticism of lockdown.
please praise yourself for recognising the signs and speaking out. The fact that you are aware that you’re drinking speaks volumes. It’s when you don’t realise, and you see nothing bad in it, is when the problem starts.
Be kind to yourself, everyone has their own way of coping but being aware of patterns is the more important thing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m just watching the Trump press conference from last night.

It’s crazy! He started by attacking the media for reporting “fake news”, showed a propaganda video as to why what they are reporting is “wrong” and now he’s arguing with them and calling them “fake” and saying “nobody watches their networks”.

It’s all very entertaining but imagine if this were your leader! 😂
Well they did vote for him, it's not like he Putin'ed himself to perpetual power. They absolutely chose him, so now they get to live with that choice.

The alternative was Hilary. I can't imagine she would have handled this mess any better than Trump has.

Reactions: 2
Do I have to go back and work for them afterwards though? As my current job will need me once this is all over. My boss said she will fight and fight to keep me permanently but obviously doesn't make all the decisions 😔
There are actually lots of MP’s currently challenging the 28th Feb deadline on furlough due to the impact on March new starters in jobs.
The shadow chancellor has written to Rishi Sunak about this amongst other issues with the furlough scheme and a response is due this Thursday. If you look up new starter furlough on Facebook or twitter you can find out a lot more about it.

Apparently between 200,000-300,000 people move jobs every month so it is affecting a fair amount of people.

Of those that have asked to be furloughed by their previous employer - 94% have refused...

Hello! I’m in AA, I’m still anonymous on this site so I’m not breaking my anonymity. I couldn’t just scroll passed your post. In ‘normal’ circumstances, what would happen (or did when I was a newcomer) is a recovering alcoholic in AA would take you to a meeting but they aren’t going on just now. Don’t let that put you off. There’s also a phone number. I’m sure you know already that AA is a programme for abstinence and the ‘only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking’. I’ve been sober for a while and I’ve missed alcohol for the first time since I stopped - just because I want to switch my head off. I understand why people are drinking more but if it’s costing you more than money, it could be a problem. Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well they did vote for him, it's not like he Putin'ed himself to perpetual power. They absolutely chose him, so now they get to live with that choice.

The alternative was Hilary. I can't imagine she would have handled this mess any better than Trump has.
I’m not criticising the way that he has handled the virus. I think that the USA are actually leading the way as to how you mitigate the risk. I believe that the UK government is following their lead in a lot of respects.

I just feel that his delivery is quite unexpected from a world leader and that is why he is entertaining to watch. Sometimes you can’t quite believe what is coming out of his mouth. 😂

Reactions: 6
Has anyone actually looked at death stats for 2019 and 2020, week by week?

I expected a sharp increase in 2020, but that's not the case except week 13.

Not sure if this has already been spoken about as I've not been able to read through the previous pages, but my Granda had a phone call from the doctor yesterday to say that he must stay indoors for another 12 weeks at least. They asked him if the worst was to happen, would he want to be taken to hospital and also whether he would want CPR. He is 83 so I don't think they would put him in ICU or anything, I guess those beds would be saved for everyone who is younger or no underlying conditions.

I know it's super serious, but hearing that yesterday has just really shaken me :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Has anyone actually looked at death stats for 2019 and 2020, week by week?

I expected a sharp increase in 2020, but that's not the case except week 13.
A lot of people who are dying with not of covid are being included in the numbers. So those who may have died of other causes had the virus not been here are being added to the covid numbers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.