Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see their calling for a knighthood for Tom Moore šŸ˜ƒ

Rishi has posted him a happy birthday video saying as an adopted Yorkshireman he is aware of the true grit of Yorkshiremen!

Wonder did he contribute ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I would wait I did exactly the same it took about 3 hours for the email to come then I checked my PayPal & the money had come out.
Many thanks šŸ’ it happened exactly as you said, finally came through about 15 minutes ago.

Reactions: 2
Huge hugs.
But you should be so proud of your son for not following his ā€œfriendsā€ down the path of drug taking. Also I applaud him that he was able to confide in you so you must be doing something right.
It is such a hard place for young people to grow up in these days. Are any of his ā€œonlineā€œ friends also real life friends too?
If it helps any, my sons are both in their early 20ā€™s and are mainly on their PCs at the moment. I think it helps distract them from the reality right now.
@Mabellovestea i was just going to repond to your post but i think @50sGirl has put it perfectly!
its very hard for teenagers these days (even before Corona) - you should be proud of him not bowing down to peer pressure..he obviously has a great moral compass x
is he finishing school this year and going on to college / 6th form? (sorry assuming you arr in the UK). theres always wronguns everywhere but these tend to be slightly more mature environments where he will find new friends with similar interests x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They have sAid that certain ethnicities are disproportionately affected. I donā€™t think they know why yet.
Sorry can I clarify as saw on news 40 to 45% NHS staff were from ethnic minority backgrounds but that's doctors/nurses and support staff.
Is the total of NHS staff deaths just 54?
Out of 12k deaths in total.
Has bus drivers and London transport not been similar numbers.
I worry the media make us panic and take things out of perspective.
I'm gutted so many lovely nurses and doctors lost their lives whatever their ethnicity.
We have relied on overseas workers as we never have with nursing invested in training and paying fair wages.
The move from diplomas to degrees.
Then so much competition for places.
Then recent years removing bursaries been a huge mistake.
As I considered nursing once.
Few years ago looked into retraining as social worker but can't afford childcare and 9k a year tuition fees.

I guess there could be a medical reasons why ethnic minorities hit not just increased exposure via their jobs.
I dislike the way the media always make out that ethinic minorities are poor.

Reactions: 4
Me too- but thatā€™s been me for 3 solid weeks. Iā€™ve developed some kinda overwhelming phobia and fear for ā€˜Cā€™, Iā€™m seeking help but I canā€™t see how to get through this. Someone posted a link to a ā€˜Cā€™ support thread on here but I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m so sorry I have no advice as Iā€™m paralysed by the fear. Iā€™m so so scared. Iā€™m signed off work til Monday but Iā€™ll call to extend because I canā€™t cope even with basic things at moment. Just try to get stronger xxxx
Anxiety can be so debilitating, Iā€™ve been bed ridden with it at times. Sending you a huge hug, this is such a worrying time and hard on those with anxiety xx

@Mabellovestea i was just going to repond to your post but i think @50sGirl has put it perfectly!
its very hard for teenagers these days (even before Corona) - you should be proud of him not bowing down to peer pressure..he obviously has a great moral compass x
is he finishing school this year and going on to college / 6th form? (sorry assuming you arr in the UK). theres always wronguns everywhere but these tend to be slightly more mature environments where he will find new friends with similar interests x
Thank you so much, we are so proud of him.

Next year. Im hoping by then he will have more confidence to go, right now heā€™s saying he doesnā€™t want to go onto college as heā€™s had such a hard time in high school.

Reactions: 5
They have sAid that certain ethnicities are disproportionately affected. I donā€™t think they know why yet.
I wonder if itā€™s because many live in multi-generation households?
How awful if itā€™s just down to their genetic makeup though.
If the latter then certain ethnicities may need to be added to the vulnerable list and self isolate.
I hope this doesnā€™t incite racism - look how some of the British born Chinese were treated at the start of this. :(
The media donā€™t think when they scaremonger like this.

Reactions: 8
Sorry can I clarify as saw on news 40 to 45% NHS staff were from ethnic minority backgrounds but that's doctors/nurses and support staff.
Is the total of NHS staff deaths just 54?
Out of 12k deaths in total.
Has bus drivers and London transport not been similar numbers.
I worry the media make us panic and take things out of perspective.
I'm gutted so many lovely nurses and doctors lost their lives whatever their ethnicity.
We have relied on overseas workers as we never have with nursing invested in training and paying fair wages.
The move from diplomas to degrees.
Then so much competition for places.
Then recent years removing bursaries been a huge mistake.
As I considered nursing once.
Few years ago looked into retraining as social worker but can't afford childcare and 9k a year tuition fees.

I guess there could be a medical reasons why ethnic minorities hit not just increased exposure via their jobs.
I dislike the way the media always make out that ethinic minorities are poor.
I canā€™t remember which doctor was saying it on the tv but it was across the world rather than uk and I donā€™t think it was implying that itā€™s because they may or may not be poor. Or if it was that totally by passed me and thatā€™s not what I took from it. It was just one doctor from the tv that I heard speaking though. I genuinely donā€™t know whatā€™s true or not.

Me too- but thatā€™s been me for 3 solid weeks. Iā€™ve developed some kinda overwhelming phobia and fear for ā€˜Cā€™, Iā€™m seeking help but I canā€™t see how to get through this. Someone posted a link to a ā€˜Cā€™ support thread on here but I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m so sorry I have no advice as Iā€™m paralysed by the fear. Iā€™m so so scared. Iā€™m signed off work til Monday but Iā€™ll call to extend because I canā€™t cope even with basic things at moment. Just try to get stronger xxxx
So sorry you're feeling this way.
I'm feeling pretty much the same.
I'm trying to remember that it's perfectly normal to be feeling stressed, anxious and scared right now and I'm trying to be kind to myself.
Hope things ease for you soon. xxx

Reactions: 6
i used to always stock up on the spanish ibuprofen - they are fantastic! but i went Mallorca last year (possibly the laws changed) they would sell me 400mg fine but the 600mg ones was told only with a prescription now šŸ˜•
I got the 600 in Benidorm last year, got two boxes. Will try again this year if we make it, if not next year šŸ˜‚

I also got hospitalised in tenerife 4 years ago with glandular fever and wasn't allowed to fly home. They gave me a weeks worth of antibiotics in an injection in my bum for two days and had to pay Ā£120 which I thought was reasonable.

I then needed a prescription which was anti biotic ear drops and anti biotic tablets. The prescription was 6 euros and I had two bottles of ear drops and 100 hundred antibiotics, I only needed to take 4 a day for a week

• Haha
Hello. šŸ˜Š I'm.sorry you're feeling that way, it's horrible isnt it? šŸ˜£ I'm full of worry and bad anxiety, just don't know what to do and worry I'm not cleaning enough and if I'll get it by going shopping, I'm a bag of nerves.

Here's a link to the support group.

Thank you so much.

My gran said itā€™s amazing he could feel safe enough to tell us.

It is sad he got pushed out because he didnā€™t want to do drugs. These boys were getting high in school doing their year 10 exams and one collapsed in school as theyā€™d moved onto pills and he took 6 diazepam, my son saw him collapse and a teacher had to do CPR while they waited for an ambulance. Absolutely horrific and since then my sons had anxiety because these boys made sure he didnā€™t have a single friend left and now they all do drugs. One text him last week to say he was sorry he had let him down and not been a good friend to him, he admitted he was scared of the ring leaders so didnā€™t dare reach out to my son until now. My son thanked him for his message but said he wanted nothing to do with them again. I canā€™t blame him after what heā€™s been through.

I am really proud he told us what they were doing and proud that he realised it was not the path he wanted to take. Heā€™s disgusted with his friends and still shocked theyā€™ve all changed but I told him thatā€™s what drugs do and Iā€™m glad he realised it wasnā€™t the life he wanted and walked away.

Thatā€™s resssuring, he says heā€™s happy and enjoys being on the pc so I guess itā€™s distracting him. He talks to a couple who live in the next town who he knows and he has met up with in the past so thatā€™s good but most are in the US or Australia. I canā€™t get him to bed at night because of the time difference lol

Thank you for your reply itā€™s helped x
Chances are parents gather & natter on Tattle and our children are gaming with one another....small world šŸ˜

• Haha
Has anyone seen this? Prince Andrew and Fergie have united to help out with the Coronavirus pandemic by packing care packages for health workers. Fergie has now launched her own YouTube channel where she reads children's books, to help. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I canā€™t remember which doctor was saying it on the tv but it was across the world rather than uk and I donā€™t think it was implying that itā€™s because they may or may not be poor. Or if it was that totally by passed me and thatā€™s not what I took from it. It was just one doctor from the tv that I heard speaking though. I genuinely donā€™t know whatā€™s true or not.
In America they were thinking it might be down to poverty because many ethnic groups in America are poorer and have a poorer lifestyle ,so this has a knockon effect on they're health ?....But I wouldn't think it to be the case here ..

Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen this? Prince Andrew and Fergie have united to help out with the Coronavirus pandemic by packing care packages for health workers. Fergie has now launched her own YouTube channel where she reads children's books, to help. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

sheā€™d go out dressed in nothing but PPE if it got her attention wouldnā€™t she. šŸ˜

• Haha

Jeez I thought that was Mick Hucknall at first glance :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Blimey sheā€™s clearly doing her own hair and make up....lockdown style šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 4

WTF is this? :oops:

• Haha
might as well start a new thread before the U.K. lockdown update!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.