Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need testing and contact tracing asap.
Otherwise what's the point of ending lockdown? So we can then all get it but yay at least there are hospitals now šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 12
How long has Italy been on lockdown ?
I am not sure but as our death toll is following the same trajectory as theirs, I can see us following what they have done.

Personally, I would rather that they only let us out of lockdown when there is a vaccine but that is because I am in the vulnerable category and genuinely scared for my own wellbeing. I am on immunosuppressant medicine. I understand though that people have different opinions and are already climbing the walls ready to go back to normal. Equally, there are absolute idiots that will start going about their lives as normal anyway at a certain point and then it will force the governmentā€™s hand to reopen schools, shops, bars etc.

Reactions: 8
There is no way the global economy can recover from us all being in lockdown for a year until a vaccine is found.

Reactions: 16
I am not sure but as our death toll is following the same trajectory as theirs, I can see us following what they have done.

Personally, I would rather that they only let us out of lockdown when there is a vaccine but that is because I am in the vulnerable category and genuinely scared for my own wellbeing. I am on immunosuppressant medicine. I understand though that people have different opinions and are already climbing the walls ready to go back to normal. Equally, there are absolute idiots that will start going about their lives as normal anyway at a certain point and then it will force the governmentā€™s hand to reopen schools, shops, bars etc.
It makes sense to have an ā€œall or nothing ā€œapproach as in health ,but the economy could never recover šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
I'm highly vulnerable so what happens to me once the schools reopen? I'm expected to shield for at least 12 weeks but if schools reopen before then then I'll be expected to send my children which defeats the point of me shielding?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
As nice as it would be to be able to protect ourselves and those around us, itā€™s just not possible to carry on like this for more than a few months

the government canā€™t afford to pay furlough for god knows how long. People have to unfortunately get back to work and kids have to get back to school so parents can work and the economy needs to recover.. its tit but its the reality unfortunately

Iā€™m praying for everyone and hope we can keep safe but we also need to be realistic.

once lockdown is eased many will go straight back into their normal lives and i canā€™t see social distancing lasting long.

Reactions: 10
I'm highly vulnerable so what happens to me once the schools reopen? I'm expected to shield for at least 12 weeks but if schools reopen before then then I'll be expected to send my children which defeats the point of me shielding?
Exactly! So many unanswered questions with no easy solution šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 6
Has your Oncologist given you any guidance on this?

Reactions: 1
Has your Oncologist given you any guidance on this?
None at all. I was diagnosed just days before lockdown so I've not seen anyone at the hospital since then. My chemotherapy was changed from intravenous to tablet form and I've very much left on my own. Obviously I've been told to shield which I'm doing with my husband and 2 children but no guidance as to what's next. My husband will have to go back to work at some point and the kids will have to go back to school but if I'm still classed as high risk then I can't see how any of this will be possible

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I canā€™t stop crying today, I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me!
theres nothing wrong with you, the world is very sad right now, you are just having a bad day, im ok one day and down the next, its normal xx

Reactions: 9
There's always the money printer. The more it prints, the longer the population will be kept in poverty, servitude, and under the control of the NWO, which is the whole point of this "virus". If you have money, you have power.
Can you explain what you mean by "virus" ?

Reactions: 1
I canā€™t stop crying today, I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me!
Me too- but thatā€™s been me for 3 solid weeks. Iā€™ve developed some kinda overwhelming phobia and fear for ā€˜Cā€™, Iā€™m seeking help but I canā€™t see how to get through this. Someone posted a link to a ā€˜Cā€™ support thread on here but I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m so sorry I have no advice as Iā€™m paralysed by the fear. Iā€™m so so scared. Iā€™m signed off work til Monday but Iā€™ll call to extend because I canā€™t cope even with basic things at moment. Just try to get stronger xxxx

• Sad
Reactions: 7
For those who couldnā€™t see the briefing advertised earlier, itā€™s showing on my tv listings at 4:30 on bbc 1.

Reactions: 6
Me too- but thatā€™s been me for 3 solid weeks. Iā€™ve developed some kinda overwhelming phobia and fear for ā€˜Cā€™, Iā€™m seeking help but I canā€™t see how to get through this. Someone posted a link to a ā€˜Cā€™ support thread on here but I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m so sorry I have no advice as Iā€™m paralysed by the fear. Iā€™m so so scared. Iā€™m signed off work til Monday but Iā€™ll call to extend because I canā€™t cope even with basic things at moment. Just try to get stronger xxxx
i am also phobic at the moment , its horrible isn't it, sorry for you x

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sounds like they're going to allow Nurseries and Primary Schools to return first but not in London or Birmingham but in regional areas without major outbreaks of coronavirus.
If schools and nurseries go back first then I'll be back at work, I rely on my parents for childcare for my kids. If I'm not supposed to see them how is that supposed to work? It just doesn't make sense as I'm sure lots of parents are in the same boat.

Reactions: 2
So Are We expecting another 3 weeks lockdown then slowly maybe open more shops non food in 3 weeks time.

When they officially announcing it.
Are we wait and see what happens for countries in Europe that slowly lfting lock down.
I'm happy stay at Home another 3 weeks just wish we could but stuff make our garden nice.
Is your local b&q doing contactless click and collect?

Hereā€™s a link.

Itā€™s under the ā€œadviceā€ section so not so easy to find xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.