Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine are a bit funny too always have been. Ask you a million questions every single time you go in and I’m like I’ve been coming in here for 8 years surely you don’t need to ask me all these personal questions all the time 😂
I must be on too many meds because the staff who have been there a while don’t even ask for my name anymore. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I did too last week! The door was open and they had a sign on the door that said only 2 in at a time and marked lines on the floor inside to stand behind. So I went in as the shop was empty and got told off for coming in and was told to go outside and they’ll come to me.

They should change the sign if they don’t want people coming in. Saw about 5 more people get told off too. Surely posting a sign on the door saying ‘stay outside’ would save them the breath and trouble.

I appreciate everything they’re doing, please nobody think I don’t, but they have a real attitude at my local pharmacy. Always have done.
I think the current situation gives legitimacy for rude people to be even more obnoxious.

• Haha
Had to get a telephone consultation for my little girl this morning. Not coronavirus related but looking likely that she will be admitted to hospital in the next few days. I'm terrified of her been anywhere near a hospital at the moment 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Had to get a telephone consultation for my little girl this morning. Not coronavirus related but looking likely that she will be admitted to hospital in the next few days. I'm terrified of her been anywhere near a hospital at the moment 😭
Oh no! Thinking of you! Xx

Reactions: 5
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
It’s easy to say this after you’ve had it and survived.

And anyway it’s not just about lowering the death toll it’s about slowing it down so the nhs doesn’t become over run and unable to cope. As for there being ‘nothing they can do’ they may not be able to cure you but they can certainly ensure you’re getting enough oxygen to survive whilst your body fights it. I am glad to hear you’ve recovered but presumably you didn’t need hospitalisation? I’m sure the covid patients currently on ventilation would disagree that there’s ‘nothing’ the hospital can do.

Went for my first food shop in a while, first time experiencing their social distancing measures and it felt very post apocalyptic. Queued for over an hour in single file to get into Aldi, very surreal. This is only going to get worse the longer this all goes on.
Lots of people driving into the car park and turning around when they seen the queue, which probably means they shouldn’t have been going to the shop anyway if they didn’t really need anything.
To be fair it doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t need anything just that they’re going to try a different shop. There’s many reasons why someone might not want or be able to stand outside queueing for an hour.

Reactions: 17
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
Letting it ‘burn through’ would’ve put tremendous strain on the NHS and the deaths would be a lot higher because the NHS couldn’t have coped.

Both coronavirus deaths and non-coronavirus deaths.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Coronavirus: Sick children hospital treatment 'hit' during pandemic - leaked email https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52239183

Parents are avoiding taking their kids to hospital because of coronavirus.

But in this article it reads that child died because they didn’t have an ambulance to send.

That’s why we can’t just let it happen. The fact that they already didn’t have an ambulance is scary. Imagine if no lockdown had been imposed? That would be happening a lot more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Went for my first food shop in a while, first time experiencing their social distancing measures and it felt very post apocalyptic. Queued for over an hour in single file to get into Aldi, very surreal. This is only going to get worse the longer this all goes on.
Lots of people driving into the car park and turning around when they seen the queue, which probably means they shouldn’t have been going to the shop anyway if they didn’t really need anything.
I turned around and went elsewhere/came back later in the day 🤷🏼‍♀️

Someone on Facebook has just shared that they had a Kazoo, many comments ranging from someone having an acordian, a recorder and a fecking violin. Bet their neighbours hate them!!!!
Vuvuzelas at the ready for next Thursday.... 😁😁😁

• Haha
I can assure you there is nothing the hospitals can do for you. There is no treatment and there is no cure. So this putting millions of people out of work is not actually worth it. It's all very well people for the people who are still getting paid but what about those of us who will not be able to claim a penny? Although I am not at that point, I am currently providing meals for my sister and her 3 children because she hasn't got a bean to her name.
There’s nothing the hospitals can do ??? We can fight all the complications the virus is causing to the body , we can put drugs into you that gives u a fighting chance to recover and we can also put you into induced comas and let machines take over so the body has a chance to recover and fight it off

And then once we’ve done all that we can then send you home happy you have recovered from the virus

Bit of a silly comment to make

Reactions: 31
There’s nothing the hospitals can do ??? We can fight all the complications the virus is causing to the body , we can put drugs into you that gives u a fighting chance to recover and we can also put you into induced comas and let machines take over so the body has a chance to recover and fight it off

And then once we’ve done all that we can then send you home happy you have recovered from the virus

Bit of a silly comment to make
Not really. Putting people into poverty after more than10 years of austerity is a silly, irresponsible and careless action to take.

• Angry
  • Wow
Wow. My Dad's currently on ICU on a ventilator keeping him alive while his lungs recover. So I can assure you there is something the hospitals can, or at least can try to do
xx Very hard for you and your family not being able to be there, are you getting regular updates?

Reactions: 4
It's a very tough juggling act. People's lives v the economy v mental health.

Apparently even the cabinet - with the benefit of some much information and guidance - is divided on the best course of action.

We are walking a tightrope here.

I've read scary estimates of the amount of fall-out mental health issue deaths as a result of the lockdown - because of financial worries and general depression due to loneliness and boredom.

Yes I agree,i think we should have had bins with masks in for people to wear,like in Poland...give people a choice to carry on as usual

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.