Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, they needed to be stricter. Also the police should be actually issuing fines instead of threatening, and the fines should be larger in my opinion.
Do you think they’re still doing their herd immunity thing just not as obviously as before. I read somewhere possibly bbc news as that’s all I tend to read, that their estimations have been done on the assumption that 50 percent of the public will stick to the guidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think Boris is way more ill than supposedly ‘sitting up in bed in good spirits etc’ .
ICU beds are for the sickest of the sick.
It’s a security issue. They won’t tell us how ill he is because it makes the country as a whole more vulnerable. To have a PM incapacitated and nobody officially running the country puts the UK at risk. We have to appear strong to our allies and even stronger to our enemies.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I think Boris is way more ill than supposedly ‘sitting up in bed in good spirits etc’ .
It’s a security issue. They won’t tell us how ill he is because it makes the country as a whole more vulnerable. To have a PM incapacitated and nobody officially running the country puts the UK at risk. We have to appear strong to our allies and even stronger to our enemies.
I can understand that but if this is true this feels a bit like Vladimir’s Russia!

Reactions: 1
Delia, agreed. There’s no way he’d be in icu for days if he’s cheerily sat up in bed. I think we’re being lied to 😒

Reactions: 8
Exactly. If he's able to talk, is fully conscious, not on a ventilator then WHY is he using up a in demand ICU bed?! They are definitely not telling us the truth about his condition. I do wonder if he has any underlying health issues (known or unknown) that have complicated his recovery

Reactions: 6
Yeah, he may be conscious but I doubt he's as conversational as they're making him out to be. Then again they showed footage of the ICU on BBC a few days ago and one of the men was quite talkative. He was on a CPAP though and was lying on his front. I don't think they're being completely truthful somewhere. But who knows, really.

If it's true that he's talking, a short video of him inside the ICU sending a message might have a large impact, maybe. Probably the last thing he wants to be doing though, but it might get people to listen.

Reactions: 4
Do you think they’re still doing their herd immunity thing just not as obviously as before. I read somewhere possibly bbc news as that’s all I tend to read, that they’re estimations have been done on the assumption that 50 percent of the public will stick to the guidelines.
I’m convinced this is what they’re doing; my husband works in construction and they keep getting new guidelines, the latest being they can now travel in the same van as long as they’re working together, and more which seems to go against the general public social distancing advice; whether this is government led or not I don’t know.

Delia, agreed. There’s no way he’d be in icu for days if he’s cheerily sat up in bed. I think we’re being lied to 😒
I love your name 😂😂

Exactly. If he's able to talk, is fully conscious, not on a ventilator then WHY is he using up a in demand ICU bed?! They are definitely not telling us the truth about his condition. I do wonder if he has any underlying health issues (known or unknown) that have complicated his recovery
Tory-itis

Reactions: 2
The people who were welded into their homes in Wuhan were left to starve to death.
I can’t believe the amount of people on this thread who want a stricter lockdown and the bloody army to start patrolling the streets all because of a handful of people breaking rules! They should be very careful what they wish for 🙄 I for one am VERY thankful that I live in a country where we are respected and not treated like animals! I’m sure the poor people in wuhan would swap places in an instant!

Reactions: 17
This tweet from January 14th highlights that the WHO advised the Coronavirus could not be transmitted person to person. The advice from the WHO led to the US not closing their borders to international travel and implementing further restrictive steps. I think Trump has a point here.
Thing is.... Even when the WHO changed their mind and all countries implemented measures, Trump still continued to downplay it... He wouldn't have changed anything, had the WHO warned him earlier...

Could I ask if you needed to contact them first please?
My dad is classed as extremely vulnerable but can’t get a delivery slot anywhere.
Thank you.
My Dad is on the extremely vulnerable list and my Mum (who already had an online account with Tesco) rang them at about 11.30pm the other night and said she got through to someone v helpful who changed her account name to my Dad's and they now have a weekly slot. Maybe you could ring and try?

• Heart
I feel like we’re not getting the full truth here. I personally feel he is sicker than they’re letting on. I don’t like the thought of him taking up an icu bed as a ‘precaution’ when someone else might need it now. It just seems in bad taste. So I like to think he genuinely needs it. Time will tell I guess.

I don’t think he’s at deaths door (certainly hope not), but I think the point someone made about us having to appear strong to our allies and enemies was a good one. And also the fact that this is his 3/4th night in there now. Doesn’t sound very precautionary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Isn't this his 4th night in hospital ICU? It does sound more serious than just precautionary...… I really don't want to be any more anxious than I am already thinking that the PM might be gravely ill.

However I am sitting with red wine and thinking up a dream team to lead the country. Starting with Dr Gregor Smith as Health Sec. 😘

Yel

Johnson out of ICU. "In extremely good spirits"

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh I'm so glad.
Wonder if we will hear from him soon!
I'd love to know if his opinion on the half-lockdown is now that he's seen the worst. Being in the ICU for 3 days means he's likely seen at least one death occur but possibly more.

Reactions: 9
"Early phase of his recovery" I doubt he'll be back soon then? Thank goodness he's over the worst though.

Reactions: 5
Johnson out of ICU. "In extremely good spirits"
It's almost as if the security issues surrounding the care of a VIP would have been a logistical nightmare on a general ward? Or something. 🤔 Hoping he is now on the road to recovery.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.