Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a massive row with my dad over the phone and I cant even go and see him. He is nearly 70 and lives alone 😭 and I cant say sorry because I said things that have needed to be said for a while.
You can still apologise, apologise that it turned into an argument. Maybe your delivery of the things that needed to be said could be better. How about I'm sorry it turned into an argument I needed to say these things hopefully we can work on communication during this time. Don't be so hard on yourself ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a delivery of meat coming today from a local farm shop. I've ran out of freezer bags to separate it before freezing it. Any work around ideas?
I really don't want to take a trip to the shop purely for freezer bags
Cling film and foil? I've cling-filmed meat and added a baking paper layer with a label and second cling film layer. As long as it's well covered it shouldn't get frost bite 😁

Reactions: 4
I think some people are only thinking about themselves. In their minds they probably think “well we will try it and see what happens!” I’m glad that the police came and dispersed it so quickly. They will know not to do it again as they don’t know which of their neighbours will have dobbed them in.

Thank you for all that you are doing at your work. 💜💜💜
Thank you. Just doing what I can to get us through so we can get back to normal soon.

Reactions: 3
You can still apologise, apologise that it turned into an argument. Maybe your delivery of the things that needed to be said could be better. How about I'm sorry it turned into an argument I needed to say these things hopefully we can work on communication during this time. Don't be so hard on yourself ☺
Yes I will apologise for not staying calm thank you x

Reactions: 6
Quick question,
I’m in quarantine with my boyfriend and we think he is showing symptoms, so far it’s just a fever but he’s classed as being vulnerable and he always gets colds/flus pretty bad. If he does get worse do I call someone? If so who? Would it be 999 or 111?

Quick question,
I’m in quarantine with my boyfriend and we think he is showing symptoms, so far it’s just a fever but he’s classed as being vulnerable and he always gets colds/flus pretty bad. If he does get worse do I call someone? If so who? Would it be 999 or 111?
999 if he has breathing problems. 111 if his symptoms persist past 7 days I think, like the temperature. Hope he feels better soon

Reactions: 3
I have a delivery of meat coming today from a local farm shop. I've ran out of freezer bags to separate it before freezing it. Any work around ideas?
I really don't want to take a trip to the shop purely for freezer bags
Put them in Tupperware type boxes with grease proof paper in between so you can stack a few pieces in each box, does that make sense? x

Put them in Tupperware type boxes with grease proof paper in between so you can stack a few pieces in each box, does that make sense? x
What a good idea. I've ran out too. I've got a box of 1kg chicken n the fridge. Been planning on chicken meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Don’t understand what is going on with my neighbours. They have a disabled child and have a sign up about him being extra vulnerable but constantly have family coming in and out. Often chatting in their garden. I just don’t know what to make of it.
Do you live next door to my sister?! She's taking no notice because she hates Tories and won't be told what to do by them 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I really hope people seek medical help for other things that really cannot wait, we are being told not to be put off phoning the doctor for advice etc. Yesterday I had an episode of stomach pain - like I'd never felt in my whole life, totally paralysed me to the point of nearly passing out. My husband called 999, but it stopped fairly soon after, so we called back to cancel the ambulance and instead called the GP. I spoke to the doctor pretty much right away after telling the receptionist what had happened. She's prescribed me some medication for excess stomach acid, but admitted gallstones are a possibility. She'd normally have sent me for tests but wants to try the prescription first. She did say though, if it happened again then I should go straight to A&E, not to be concerned about going as they are well organised to separate corona/non corona patients as something like this will be taken seriously and not ignored. She was very reassuring that I would be taken care of if it happens again.
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and yesterday was really really bad. I just had a feeling it wasn't right. He went to urgent care who told him he needed to attend the bigger A&E. He got assessed and treated with IV antibiotics and fluids. Swelling didn't go down. Turns out he has quinsy and needs to have an operation. Is life threatening if not treated. He's in hospital now and I feel bad not being with him but obviously not allowed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Do you live next door to my sister?! She's taking no notice because she hates Tories and won't be told what to do by them 🙄
I literally felt real hatred for Boris in December, wasn’t sleeping over the vote etc etc.... but I’m still going to follow the rules because a) it’s not a Tory rule as such and b) even if it was it’s the right thing to do. I kind Of feel like politics don’t even matter now, we’re all human beings trying to get through this thing and I genuinely wish him well in hospital and hope he’s getting better. This virus doesn’t discriminate we’re all in it together.

Reactions: 24
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and yesterday was really really bad. I just had a feeling it wasn't right. He went to urgent care who told him he needed to attend the bigger A&E. He got assessed and treated with IV antibiotics and fluids. Swelling didn't go down. Turns out he has quinsy and needs to have an operation. Is life threatening if not treated. He's in hospital now and I feel bad not being with him but obviously not allowed.
Bless him - glad they checked him and are acting quickly.
Tonsillectomy is grim as an adult. I had mine out in 2012 and lost so much weight afterwards because I couldnt eat.
Make sure you get plenty of ice lollies and ice cream in your freezer for when he's home. He'll need them to soothe his throat.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Are you my neighbour??😂

Only joking, it’s me who’s been crying over little things today. Neighbours probably think I’ve lost the plot and they’d be right.
I was like that yesterday. Burst into tears four times throughout the day, proper sobbing and I didn't really have a clear reason

• Sad
I was like that yesterday. Burst into tears four times throughout the day, proper sobbing and I didn't really have a clear reason
It’s horrible isn’t it? Today I was doing a task that ended up being a bit to overwhelming for me on this particular day and I just had to walk away from it In tears. Was in the garden so now I feel like all the neighbours heard my crazy🤣

That annoys me. I don't understand the mentality of hating them translating to I won't listen, I won't keep myself and others safe & I'll just risk everyone's health. I don't like the Tories, I didn't vote for them. But I'm not a moron either 🤦🏻‍♀️

The last time I cried this much was because I got dumped, it's bloody weird crying all the time I can't help it either

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Am I right in thinking someone posted in here a separate thread talking about the numbers and statistics of coronavirus? I've looked back on the thread and I can't seem to find it. Although it wouldn't surprise me if I'd dreamt it with these weird dreams I'm having lately 😂

That annoys me. I don't understand the mentality of hating them translating to I won't listen, I won't keep myself and others safe & I'll just risk everyone's health. I don't like the Tories, I didn't vote for them. But I'm not a moron either 🤦🏻‍♀️

The last time I cried this much was because I got dumped, it's bloody weird crying all the time I can't help it either
Yes. It feels like when I've gone through a breakup or grieving somebody. Some days ok, then others sobbing.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yes. It feels like when I've gone through a breakup or grieving somebody. Some days ok, then others sobbing.
Same Iv actually only ever felt like this when I got dumped from my long term partner & my old dog died. It's strange.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.