Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught my neighbours having a BBQ, spotted about 5 visitors get out of car with bags of food and alcohol, so including the occupants there was about 10 people there, not social distancing, hugging each other!
I had no choice but to call the police! They were round within 10 minutes of the phonecall. Makes me trust our local police force are taking this serious and protecting us!

I work for the NHS and am witnessing patients dying from this horrible virus, I’m doing my bit by staying at home and only going to work., I’m even sleeping away from my husband to protect him! Why did they think they could just do what they like?

when are people gonna realise this isn’t a bleeping holiday? Probably when someone close to them dies from it, until then who gives a tit about anyone else!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Just caught my neighbours having a BBQ, spotted about 5 visitors get out of car with bags of food and alcohol, so including the occupants there was about 10 people there, not social distancing, hugging each other!
I had no choice but to call the police! They were round within 10 minutes of the phonecall. Makes me trust our local police force are taking this serious and protecting us!

I work for the NHS and am witnessing patients dying from this horrible virus, I’m doing my bit by staying at home and only going to work., I’m even sleeping away from my husband to protect him! Why did they think they could just do what they like?

when are people gonna realise this isn’t a bleeping holiday? Probably when someone close to them dies from it, until then who gives a tit about anyone else!!
Did they leave when the Police came?

Reactions: 7
The neighbour kids are CRANKY. My kids are doing okay but I'm definitely hearing the effects of no school on the neighbour's kids, while sat in the garden! :oops: Lots of yelling & crying over little things. They're usually fairly quiet kids. It's a shame really :(
Are you my neighbour??😂

Only joking, it’s me who’s been crying over little things today. Neighbours probably think I’ve lost the plot and they’d be right.

Reactions: 4
The neighbour kids are CRANKY. My kids are doing okay but I'm definitely hearing the effects of no school on the neighbour's kids, while sat in the garden! :oops: Lots of yelling & crying over little things. They're usually fairly quiet kids. It's a shame really :(
My daughter is the same :( my son has adhd so the daily meltdowns are normal although he’s settling down and coping quite well now but my daughter is struggling. She cries saying she hates the virus. She loves school :( I really hope they just have a distant memory of this in years to come

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Judging by this article, the powers that be think it’s going to be another weekend where everyone tries to go to the beach, National Park, caravan etc.

I don’t think that it would be a bad idea to have police cars on the motorways this weekend. You’re really only going to be on a motorway if you’re doing a long or unnecessary trip.

Reactions: 6
I really hope people seek medical help for other things that really cannot wait, we are being told not to be put off phoning the doctor for advice etc. Yesterday I had an episode of stomach pain - like I'd never felt in my whole life, totally paralysed me to the point of nearly passing out. My husband called 999, but it stopped fairly soon after, so we called back to cancel the ambulance and instead called the GP. I spoke to the doctor pretty much right away after telling the receptionist what had happened. She's prescribed me some medication for excess stomach acid, but admitted gallstones are a possibility. She'd normally have sent me for tests but wants to try the prescription first. She did say though, if it happened again then I should go straight to A&E, not to be concerned about going as they are well organised to separate corona/non corona patients as something like this will be taken seriously and not ignored. She was very reassuring that I would be taken care of if it happens again.

Reactions: 11
Just seen it’s going to be 24 and 25 degrees in London this weekend. Why not a traditional British rainy bank holiday ?! So frustrating. I know there will be a lot of flouting the rules, have come to expect it now.

Word from work (I’m a news journalist) is the government are announcing another month of lockdown next week when they hope Boris will be back. If he’s not they will announce it anyway though.

Reactions: 13
Can anyone shed some light on the supermarkets rules cos I'm confused to duck. I thought you could only go in on your own, my lidl and tesco you have to however there was a couple let in before me in lidl and wouldnt let me and my husband in together and sat in the car looking at tesco queue an theres a group of roudy 30 year old blokes just been allowed in the store in 2 twos. Blatantly not shopping for other ppl blatantly getting booze and bbq stuff. Why is it one rule for one and one for another 🙉

Reactions: 4
Don’t understand what is going on with my neighbours. They have a disabled child and have a sign up about him being extra vulnerable but constantly have family coming in and out. Often chatting in their garden. I just don’t know what to make of it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I have a delivery of meat coming today from a local farm shop. I've ran out of freezer bags to separate it before freezing it. Any work around ideas?
I really don't want to take a trip to the shop purely for freezer bags

Did they leave when the Police came?
Yes they did, straight away

I want a full lockdown and police/army on the streets!!! Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t care anymore, I’m sick of people just doing what the duck they want!

Reactions: 30

I think some people are only thinking about themselves. In their minds they probably think “well we will try it and see what happens!” I’m glad that the police came and dispersed it so quickly. They will know not to do it again as they don’t know which of their neighbours will have dobbed them in.

Thank you for all that you are doing at your work. 💜💜💜

Reactions: 8
Just had a massive row with my dad over the phone and I cant even go and see him. He is nearly 70 and lives alone 😭 and I cant say sorry because I said things that have needed to be said for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Just had a massive row with my dad over the phone and I cant even go and see him. He is nearly 70 and lives alone 😭 and I cant say sorry because I said things that have needed to be said for a while.
can you let the dust settle and then pop a little -sorry I was mean but you needed to hear this- treat on his doorstep?

Reactions: 5
The supermarkets are a complete mess.
My local Tesco is very strict, 1 in 1 out, 2 meter boxes to wait in all round the car park. One way round store, you can’t go back if you’ve forgotten something, 2 meters on floor of whole store. Trolley cleaning station on way in.
Local sainsburys, half hearted line outside store. Inside is Shopping as normal, most of the time it’s like a busy Saturday in there with no distancing going on at all.
co-op is hit and miss. Sometimes there is someone telling people to go in 3 at a time, other times no restrictions at all. Inside is as normal, no distancing.
Farm foods and Asda is a completely normal to get in and while shopping. Aldi and Lidl line up outside only, inside is as normal.
My mil has a sainsburys near her, her store is a lot stricter than mine, with more restrictions inside.
There should be a set of official guidelines for how to sort out these supermarkets, so it’s consistent everywhere

Reactions: 6
Husband was talking to one of our neighbours earlier from across the street. This neighbour lives alone and we've seen his mate coming and going for weeks. He told my husband today that him and his mate have decided to take it in turns to visit each other as they both live alone and have shown no symptoms 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Yes they did, straight away

I want a full lockdown and police/army on the streets!!! Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t care anymore, I’m sick of people just doing what the duck they want!
I’m with you to be honest. I’m tired of following the rules, having my mental health suffer, not being able to take my kids anywhere and stuff only to have some people just not give a tit.

People just do not get that the longer they piss around the longer this whole thing’s going to go on for.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.