Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must vent. I thought I’d do some puzzles during lock down and the first one I did was fairly easy. Thought I’d buy another. Wish I hadn’t bothered!!! I’m so frustrated it’s so hard 😂

on the cashless front one of the merlin sealife Centres announced they were going cashless before this all kicked off and there was hell!! parents complaining about kids not being able to pay with pocket money. The sea life centre actually reversed there decision. I’d like to see how people’s opinions have changed after this!

I hope it doesn't go cashless. I hate paying with card. I like paying with money then I can actively see what I am spending rather than just seeing numbers on a screen, also it teaches kids the value of money. I remember thinking of every penny I could squeeze out of a pound when I was a kid buying sweets etc. It taught me alot about budgrting.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
You can just take one at home. Just needs to be against a light coloured wall and you can upload online. Just did mine and one of my children before all this kicked off. Shame we won't be going anywhere now though 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I hope it doesn't go cashless. I hate paying with card. I like paying with money then I can actively see what I am spending rather than just seeing numbers on a screen, also it teaches kids the value of money. I remember thinking of every penny I could squeeze out of a pound when I was a kid buying sweets etc. It taught me alot about budgrting.
Me too.
I go to the cash point each week and withdraw my budget for my shop.
Some weeks I spend less, some weeks more but it all evens out - I have a separate purse just for my grocery money. :oops:
Yes, I am that sad! Although at the moment my purse has been replaced by a sealable, plastic freezer bag because it’s safer to keep clean.
I refuse to use contactless, I even asked the bank if I could have a card without this feature but they said no.
However, I had to use contactless last week to pay for a prescription because they would not take cash. I was not happy.

Reactions: 8
I know, we’ve tried a few times, it’s trying to get zero shadows that is the problem. Any tips?
If you can face the window that will give the best photo with least shadow. You don't want light sources to either side so perhaps shut doors or have someone stand off shot to block light from the side if this is the issue. Stand close to wall for less shadow as well. Don't use flash.

Also I'm sure is says light coloured wall so doesn't need to be white could be light grey or cream etc although double check that on their photo guide !

Reactions: 3
Times move on..kids nowadays love having their own back account and contactless card. They can have one from age 13. I got them for two of my kids when they were 15. My son uses Apple Pay on his phone. They definitely understand the value of money as they’re always checking their balance and my son hates it if he dips below a certain amount!

I rarely use cash as I find coins/notes ‘dirty’. Imagine how many hands they’ve passed between? 🤮 I also prefer contactless as I don’t like touching chip and pin machines as most of them look filthy and I always think of how many people have touched them and the germs!

Reactions: 12
Daughters birthday today and we’ve had tears because she wants to go and play on the park in the sunshine with her new toys 😞

I know I’m doing the right thing but makes me feel like the worst Mum ever. Pisses me off because we went to the shops yesterday and drove past the park and loads of kids were on it, which she pointed out herself. How am I supposed to make my kids believe it’s closed when they see that?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I must vent. I thought I’d do some puzzles during lock down and the first one I did was fairly easy. Thought I’d buy another. Wish I hadn’t bothered!!! I’m so frustrated it’s so hard 😂

on the cashless front one of the merlin sealife Centres announced they were going cashless before this all kicked off and there was hell!! parents complaining about kids not being able to pay with pocket money. The sea life centre actually reversed there decision. I’d like to see how people’s opinions have changed after this!
I find you have to do a few pieces then go back to it or you sit there in sheer frustration :D

Reactions: 1
Daughters birthday today and we’ve had tears because she wants to go and play on the park in the sunshine with her new toys 😞

I know I’m doing the right thing but makes me feel like the worst Mum ever. Pisses me off because we went to the shops yesterday and drove past the park and loads of kids were on it, which she pointed out herself. How am I supposed to make my kids believe it’s closed when they see that?
Can you not just go for your daily walk around the park and then show her that the swings etc are closed off and explain they’re not open?

Reactions: 2

Oh bless her I bet that is hard, I’ve found it hard enough making my teenage children understand in the begining.

I hope she has a nice birthday. My eldest is going to be celebrating their 18th in lockdown this month, it’s so hard on them isn’t it,

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Oh bless her. I feel for all kids whose birthday it is in lock down. Is there anything special you can do at home with her? Carpet picnic? Making her birthday cake? Painting her nails? I know you’ve got other children too so not easy. It’s so tough but you’re doing the right thing. X

Oh bless her I bet that is hard, I’ve found it hard enough making my teenage children understand in the begining.

I hope she has a nice birthday. My eldest is going to be celebrating their 18th in lockdown this month, it’s so hard on them isn’t it,
Ah that’s sad too. They’ll have to have a proper 18th when it’s finished

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Happy birthday Mini Kate xx

02249881-81DA-4000-A2D6-D30681250A28.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What puzzle is it?

I always have a puzzle on the go (even before lockdown), my advice is take a breather and come back with fresh eyes. If you’re really not enjoying it, try another puzzle.
If you want a recommendation, cloudberries on Etsy have some fantastic ones :)
I use this site for online puzzles - you can change the cut and style of the puzzle to suit yourself. You don't even need to make an account or sign up either https://www.thejigsawpuzzles.com/

Reactions: 4

I was going to buy a some lego until I looked online and saw it was £65. No thanks I will stick to my wordsearch book :giggle:

Times move on..kids nowadays love having their own back account and contactless card. They can have one from age 13. I got them for two of my kids when they were 15. My son uses Apple Pay on his phone. They definitely understand the value of money as they’re always checking their balance and my son hates it if he dips below a certain amount!

I rarely use cash as I find coins/notes ‘dirty’. Imagine how many hands they’ve passed between? 🤮 I also prefer contactless as I don’t like touching chip and pin machines as most of them look filthy and I always think of how many people have touched them and the germs!
I hate pin machines. Years ago in London some drunk lads pissed all over the machines. I could just imagine someone rocking up a while later and wonder why the keys were damp 🤮.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Yes I'm. UK and we are a private day nursery so not on school premises
Oh ok. Still not good, I also don’t agree that you are able to bring your child into nursery when only one parent is a key worker and the other is at home and could look after them, or am I missing something with regards to that?

That’s very dodgy. He could have died from any number of things. Heart attack or anything. You hear of very healthy people passing young and suddenly. I don’t trust the figures at all to be honest. Not saying they are purposefully lying but I think it’s got out of their control.
Doctor was saying today, that the true figures won't be known for many months, as people are dying and it's assumed they have died of Covid19, as they haven't been tested. It may well be other conditions that killed them.

It's all very confusing, but I don't take much notice of the daily figures tbh, I think until it's all over, then we will get a true picture?

Reactions: 2
I was going to buy a some lego until I looked online and saw it was £65. No thanks I will stick to my wordsearch book :giggle:
I love Lego but could never justify it! The price of some of the sets makes me want to cry. I really want the Disney castle but for £300 I could put a dent in going to see the real bloody thing!

Reactions: 8

That’s so sad. Poor thing. Our local parks have tape all over them to stop people using them and it’s worked x

I love Lego but could never justify it! The price of some of the sets makes me want to cry. I really want the Disney castle but for £300 I could put a dent in going to see the real bloody thing!
I have the hogwarts castle and we’re going to put it together again in lockdown !

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.