Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I woke up this morning from the most vivid,realistic and terrifying dream about a zombie apocalypse. Safe to say it's easy to tell where my headspace is at right now 😖😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I think I have established a bit of a routine and that’s helpful for us all. But I really miss my freedom and some time to myself!
Yes obv I miss my family and friends but yes the freedom is the worst. I keep have weird thoughts like 'I bet Tk maxx would have some lovely spring stuff in' :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I woke up this morning from the most vivid,realistic and terrifying dream about a zombie apocalypse. Safe to say it's easy to tell where my headspace is at right now 😖😂
I love a good zombie apocalypse and so does my oldest son, I used to joke won't be long till the apocalypse😲if anything comes from this he'll know his mum don't lie😂

• Haha
  • Sad
When all this ends, I think cash is the first thing to go, from my perspective anyway. I couldn't cope with handling dirty coins and notes. Which kind of sucks since I'm in retail, and not everyone can pay by card. But I'll not be using cash myself - despite me saving up all my coins in a pretty little jar since January :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes obv I miss my family and friends but yes the freedom is the worst. I keep have weird thoughts like 'I bet Tk maxx would have some lovely spring stuff in' :giggle:
I love a bit of TK Maxx too! Not many shops where you can buy so much random stuff you never knew you needed. I’m getting excited thinking about it. V sad...I must get out more...oh no ..wait

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Iv just seen this morning they’ve took the one hour exercise of the governments website now. Does this mean after the cobra meeting later they’ll lay down stricter laws?
Iv also heard the WhatsApp msg going round and in it she did say Thursday, was it really a hoax msg because Iv seen pictures going round Facebook of our local arena that has an ice rink under the floor which was laid out with beds. Does anyone know what time the meeting is today?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Received our first furlough payment this morning. Considerably less than we anticipated but we should hopefully just be able to keep our heads above water. At least now we know what to expect each week so that's one less thing to worry about.

• Sad
I think it’s normal to focus on the silly things, it’s like the brain’s way of distracting ourselves from the doom and gloom. I’ve been thinking about how I’m missing out on Costa’s Easter menu 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I fooking love TK Maxx, I could spend hours raking through the stuff. Mind you, I can't be premenstrual when I visit otherwise I sweat my tits off and want to punch someone, it's set out like a jumble sale 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it’s normal to focus on the silly things, it’s like the brain’s way of distracting ourselves from the doom and gloom. I’ve been thinking about how I’m missing out on Costa’s Easter menu 🤣
Costa has an Easter menu??? Seriously? Why have I not noticed before? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah your right. Early years practitioner, easiest job in the world. I've no reason to complain. Shame I can't work for less than minimum wage to help placate those that think I'm overpaid too...
It’s not an easy job at all! We weren’t saying that. Believe me I’ve cried many times at work and it’s very stressful. But I feel more control at work and have support of senior staff there if I need it. I don’t believe anybody working in these settings should be on minimum wage. It’s hard!!!!

I find my son doesn't do a thing I tell him, but I only have to say "I'm telling the teacher" an he's "on it " so teachers must hold some kind of secret power even they're not aware of :LOL: Teacher is a bad word in our house (thank God)😂
Ditto! I tell him I’m emailing his head teacher and suddenly he’ll do what I’m asking! I use all my teacher tactics on him and he just doesn’t respond to me sometimes!

Reactions: 3
I just saw this on BBC News https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219930 its the passport office, and they are being made to return to work on the thoughts that "80% are going to get the virus anyway, so we can't hide forever" What the heck?
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!

Reactions: 4
Iv just seen this morning they’ve took the one hour exercise of the governments website now. Does this mean after the cobra meeting later they’ll lay down stricter laws?
Iv also heard the WhatsApp msg going round and in it she did say Thursday, was it really a hoax msg because Iv seen pictures going round Facebook of our local arena that has an ice rink under the floor which was laid out with beds. Does anyone know what time the meeting is today?
It was confirmed to be a hoax, although I guess there were references to things that may well be true, I.e making large spaces (ice rinks) into emergency areas. I think there will be a reminder of staying home, upping police powers , but not making restrictions any tighter. Facebook is a hotbed of rumours, the official stance will be on the national news as soon as there is anything to say.

Reactions: 3
I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again
I don’t think I’ll want to take my baby out at all

Reactions: 2
As an introvert I don't mind being inside a lot and enjoy my own company. My life hasn't changed hugely as I WFH mostly. I could quite happily watch documentaries all day and do online exercise but I don't have children so I know it's very different for families.
I can't imagine how hard it is for many, many others too.

Reactions: 17
The exercise bit is still there so its ok to do it within the guidelines. Don't know what time the meeting is, but the briefing to us is usually around 5pm.

We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
I think you can upload your own photo now so long as it’s against a white background? I could be wrong though

Reactions: 5
I did my passport photo at home using my phone. It’s a pain to get the lighting right and to find a blank bit of wall, but I did get one accepted eventually!

Costa has an Easter menu??? Seriously? Why have I not noticed before? o_O
Spring menu apparently but I feel like it’ll be summer next time they’re open! The chocolate cornflake cakes are amazing, they have golden syrup in too so they’re really moreish. Might make my own but they won’t be the same

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.